Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2020, 02:48 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,062,152 times

Advertisements

Requests are different from inflated, over reaching, demands. By a yuge degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
So I won't be seeing any requests from Louisiana or other Southern States, yeah right...

Old 03-27-2020, 02:48 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,364,321 times
This is going to age well. 2-3 weeks from now we will easily see who is right, and how many dead are a result of this decision. And I suspect it isn't Trump since he denies the reality and facts of this over and over and over.

Old 03-27-2020, 02:49 PM

12,202 posts, read 7,220,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So because she has been critical of Trump, no aid for her state? Seven other states have received it, but I guess they all got down on their knees before Trump and did what they had to do first.

What a child Trump is. Let the people in Michigan go without because their governor was mean to me!
Did you not read anything? Why are you running off your mouth without reading first?

Michigan did not make a request. The idiot Democrat governor then decided to attack Trump baselessly even though she did not even put in a request.

Old 03-27-2020, 02:50 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
"I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators," Trump told host Sean Hannity,

---------------------

Trump also criticized Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, telling host Sean Hannity "she's not stepping up."

"I don't know if she knows what's going on but all she does is sit there and blame the federal government," Trump said. "She doesn't get it done and we send her a lot. Now she wants a declaration of emergency and we have to make a decision on that. But Michigan is a very important state."

Earlier this week, Whitmer demanded "clear directives and guidance from the federal government."

“Frankly, a patchwork strategy of each state doing what they can, we’re going to do it if we need to, but it would be nice to have a national strategy," she said, according to MLive.

--------------------

The Associated Press reported Thursday that Inslee implored Trump on a private conference call with governors from both parties to use executive authority to ramp up production of necessary medical equipment. But Trump said the federal government is merely the “backup.”

--------------------

Coming to a state near you.

(all quotes from this article: https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-...os-ventilators)
If camera-queen Cuomo wants mountains of respirators, then New York had better buy some. Write the check and they'll arrive in a few days.

Old 03-27-2020, 02:50 PM

11,775 posts, read 5,787,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Canada got on top of things early and did contact tracing.

Their biggest threat for now is people coming in from the U.S. and Europe. But that's easier to control since you can quarantine people arriving at an airport.
https://covid19tracker.ca/dist/index.html

Then is everything is so hunky dory - why is the graph going up so quickly? The problem is that this virus has been around much longer than anyone realized and travel was allowed spreading it far and wide. Earlier infected thought they maybe had a cold - if an elderly person died of respiratory problems - they thought it was the flu.

Canada is just starting to see the outbreak I feel - hopefully I'm wrong but we'll check back in a couple of weeks and see how confident you are then that Trudeau did everything right. Sometimes even doing everything right doesn't change an outcome.

Old 03-27-2020, 02:51 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
If camera-queen Cuomo wants mountains of respirators, then New York had better buy some. Write the check and they'll arrive in a few days.
From what supplier? What supplier has that amount on hand, ready to ship in “a few days”?

Old 03-27-2020, 02:52 PM

32,095 posts, read 34,696,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
"Originally Posted by TonyNC View Post
Facts are important!

1st Trump disbanded NSC pandemic unit. Because Obama created it and because Obama made fun of Trump's hair and therefore everything Obama did had to be reversed

2nd Trump flat out ignores U.S. Intelligence reports in Jan. & Feb. probably because Intelligence organizations lied about Russia in our election...

https://apnews.com/ce014d94b64e98b7203b873e56f80e9a

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us...ic/ar-BB11udi8

Then Trump turned down CoronaVirus tests from WHO...

I ain't a lawyer, but I've watched a few Law & Orders. Do we have a lawyer here on C-D? Can we prosecute Trump for Depraved Indifference to American citizens?!

Trump simply didn't do anything right and Americans are dying"

Liar. Liar. Pants. On fire.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/fa...pandemic-work/
That has nothing to do with the National Security Council pandemic response team. This was the group of experts Trump said it made no sense paying since they were sitting around "not doing anything." Apparently "not doing anything" is preparing responses to biological threats.

Old 03-27-2020, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
This is going to age well. 2-3 weeks from now we will easily see who is right, and how many dead are a result of this decision. And I suspect it isn't Trump since he denies the reality and facts of this over and over and over.
As hard as you people try, you won't put a scratch on the President! His second term will be just as amazing!

Old 03-27-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
From what supplier? What supplier has that amount on hand, ready to ship in “a few days”?
Ventilators.com silly. And no personal checks!

Old 03-27-2020, 02:54 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,362,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
He's not under fire for "restricting travel to China" (which isn't accurate since he only banned foreign nationals who had been in China). He came under fire because he effectively declared "game over" and didn't consider a travel ban as simply one necessary but insufficient measure in a war against a very contagious pathogen.
Americans coming from China were quarantined. You couldnt ban them from returning home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies