Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2020, 08:03 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Doesn't this seem to contradict what Trump implied today?
What else is new?

Old 03-23-2020, 08:11 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Does DeSantis WANT Florida to be the next NY ?
The older age demographic of FL ....I don't even want to imagine it.
Exactly! He is a moron.

Old 03-23-2020, 08:15 PM

20,048 posts, read 20,850,556 times
Like the saying goes "only in Florida"

Old 03-23-2020, 08:17 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Nearly 550 DIA (Denver) flights canceled today as of 9:00 a.m. (You will need to scroll down to the time.) That is a LOT of flights!!

https://www.cpr.org/2020/03/23/color...es-and-more-8/

Old 03-23-2020, 08:18 PM

21,752 posts, read 28,077,952 times
I am no Trump fan. Won't vote for him in November. And that's fine.

But I'm really appalled by the press's handling of this virus on every level.

The hysteria. The doomsday clickbait scare tactics. It's absolutely disgusting. I have to say CNN is the worst of them all.

I've been studying a lot of data around this thing and am gaining cautious optimism that it's not as bad as once feared.

Dr. Brix made a lot of points tonight that I've been saying for days. That it's way more prevalent than thought. Which affects the severity math in a positive light. Probably has been circulating for a while (I think millions are probably infected in the US). That means it's more mild, and it'll burn out quicker.

She was appointed by Obama. But she's been attacked by the Twitterati throughout this whole thing. And if she says anything positive, all of a sudden she's part of the "cult". Why? Because she's on the task force? Pretty gross. She's a smart woman.

Old 03-23-2020, 08:19 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
An Arizona man has died and his wife is in critical condition after the couple took a medicine touted by President Donald Trump as treatment for COVID-19.
https://www.wjtv.com/health/coronavi...reat-covid-19/

You should really learn how to google.
I am surprised they made it this far into their lives if they were stupid enough to heed the advice of Dr. Trump, stable genius and epedmeologst, Inc .

Old 03-23-2020, 08:21 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I am surprised they made it this far into their lives if they were stupid enough to heed the advice of Dr. Trump, stable genius and epedmeologst, Inc .
Only they didn't take "medicine". They ate fish tank cleaner.

The MSM is saying "medicine" but it wasn't.

Here's the source news:
http://bannerhealth.mediaroom.com/chloroquinephosphate

A man has died and his wife is under critical care after the couple, both in their 60s, ingested chloroquine phosphate, an additive commonly used at aquariums to clean fish tanks. Within thirty minutes of ingestion, the couple experienced immediate effects requiring admittance to a nearby Banner Health hospital.

Old 03-23-2020, 08:28 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Only they didn't take "medicine". They ate fish tank cleaner.

The MSM is saying "medicine" but it wasn't.

Here's the source news:
Banner Health Newsroom | Press Releases

A man has died and his wife is under critical care after the couple, both in their 60s, ingested chloroquine phosphate, an additive commonly used at aquariums to clean fish tanks. Within thirty minutes of ingestion, the couple experienced immediate effects requiring admittance to a nearby Banner Health hospital.
How the hell did they come up with that?

Old 03-23-2020, 08:28 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I am no Trump fan. Won't vote for him in November. And that's fine.

But I'm really appalled by the press's handling of this virus on every level. The hysteria. The doomsday clickbait scare tactics. It's absolutely disgusting. I have to say CNN is the worst of them all. I've been studying a lot of data around this thing and am gaining cautious optimism that it's not as bad as once feared.

Dr. Brix made a lot of points tonight that I've been saying for days. That it's way more prevalent than thought. Which affects the severity math in a positive light. Probably has been circulating for a while (I think millions are probably infected in the US). That means it's more mild, and it'll burn out quicker.

She was appointed by Obama. But she's been attacked by the Twitterati throughout this whole thing. And if she says anything positive, all of a sudden she's part of the "cult". Why? Because she's on the task force? Pretty gross. She's a smart woman.
Okay, I admit that I might be slightly paranoid, but I find it extremely suspicious that so many of the links that I've found that support the "might not be as bad as initially feared" theory are later "Page Not Found".

Old 03-23-2020, 08:38 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Yet you have democrat governors in some states forcing people to stay in their homes or prosecuting them

No state is forcing anyone to stay in their homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies