Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2020, 04:14 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,801,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
The MyPillow guy transformed his factory into making masks for healthcare workers

What has the worthless press done?
Seriously, what has the press done? If you are asking this, why bother to live in a democracy?

What's the MyPillow guy charging for those masks? If he's donating them all, good for him. But no one is shopping for pillows or much of anything else now, so big deal if he makes his money selling masks. Tons of companies are doing the same thing, but maybe all their CEOs aren't willing to fellate trump on live TV.

Old 03-30-2020, 04:15 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,195,970 times
if you want to chat about the efficacy of chloroquine, this is what was linked in another thread (for you "Daily Wire is fake!" people)

https://www.dailywire.com/news/franc...thin-five-days

the study abstract for the wonks

https://www.mediterranee-infection.c...ID-IHU-2-1.pdf

Old 03-30-2020, 04:16 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,195,970 times
I bet he CAN admit the correction of Seoul's population. It's ~10MM, not 38MM. Total SK pop is 51MM

Old 03-30-2020, 04:18 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,092,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You apparently are proud to be in the latter part of my post. I'm sorry for that.

Here's a factoid for you.

South Korea and the USA had the first instance of the virus the same day. And knew about it at the same time.

South Korea has 9,661 cases with 158 deaths. It is much denser in population than in the USA.

USA has 156,1845 cases with 2,953 deaths SO FAR. Your Dear Leader did nothing for weeks. Now your Dear Leader is saying 100,000 deaths will be a success.

So much American exceptionalism.
Why don’t you move to Europe who liberals keep saying we should emulate. Heard Italy and Spain are pretty nice

Old 03-30-2020, 04:19 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,791,579 times
I'm so tired today, y'all. Looking at pictures of overwhelmed hospitals, morgues, desperate families, businesses that are shuttering, seeing death tolls rise, cases rising. I know I've said a lot about this president, this administration, everything that I think is wrong with all that is going on out there. But at the end of the day, people are dying, lives are being changed forever, and today, at least for today, I don't have it in me to fight. I'm overwhelmed with sadness and worry about what is happening to all who are affected, which would be all of us, in some form or another.

No matter what our political affiliation or our beliefs, we are all in this together, and I hope that each of you stay well and safe in the midst of one of the worst diseases that has ever hit our species. Peace.

Old 03-30-2020, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm so tired today, y'all. Looking at pictures of overwhelmed hospitals, morgues, desperate families, businesses that are shuttering, seeing death tolls rise, cases rising. I know I've said a lot about this president, this administration, everything that I think is wrong with all that is going on out there. But at the end of the day, people are dying, lives are being changed forever, and today, at least for today, I don't have it in me to fight. I'm overwhelmed with sadness and worry about what is happening to all who are affected, which would be all of us, in some form or another.

No matter what our political affiliation or our beliefs, we are all in this together, and I hope that each of you stay well and safe in the midst of one of the worst diseases that has ever hit our species. Peace.
Have you also spoken out against the people responsible, China?

Old 03-30-2020, 04:25 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

Quote:
"We understand the challenges in New York. I have family in New York," Wyoming Republican Governor Mark Gordon told the president. But, he told Mr. Trump, "I think a little bit of supply going our way could get us better prepared going forward."
"Good point," Mr. Trump replied. "Thank you very much, Mark. If you have a problem, call me. I'll get you what you need."

From your link....what's the problem?

Old 03-30-2020, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
From your link....what's the problem?
headline clickbait. Nothing new

Old 03-30-2020, 04:26 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post

It's a sad life you live.

Old 03-30-2020, 04:27 PM

6,620 posts, read 5,005,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You test the ones who get sick, and see if it doubles every 3 days like the admin says.

Answer: it is nowhere near double.
people are asymptomatic, people try to weather the storm, if you are only testing the portion of the population that self reports cant imagine it will be a good representation or anything that can be considered an acceptable sample in terms of size or quality,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies