Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2020, 07:16 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
No one called H1N1 "American virus" did they? Why?
they sure did. many leftists on this very forum did that, as a matter of fact. you’re at least the 7th leftist I’ve had to tutor on this subject.

which is extra-stupid considering that it originated in mexico.

Old 03-30-2020, 07:18 PM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Remember when posters herein were against saving the auto companies? I do. I said that they were worth saving, because they were available for emergency production. Obama was right.

As for 'red' states versus 'blue": how much of an idiot must you be? Governor Abbot (of red state Texas) is prohibiting people from Louisiana (very Red) from entering our state. Why? Mardi Gras!

We are screwed, but due to the idiots that follow Trump.

Old 03-30-2020, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Come on. "Going out the back door" implies the hospital employees are the ones stealing them.
anyone with access. could be janitors, cafeteria workers, maintenance... who knows.
who do you think cuomo was referring the when he brought up these thefts in the first place?

Old 03-30-2020, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
CT scan of the lungs can show very clearly if a person is infected.
true. but that would constitute a test of sorts. and according to craigie, Florida has none.

no tests. not even one

lungs scans won’t catch the asymptomatics.

Old 03-30-2020, 07:24 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
they sure did. many leftists on this very forum did that, as a matter of fact. you’re at least the 7th leftist I’ve had to tutor on this subject.

which is extra-stupid considering that it originated in mexico.
What is extra-stupid is that the occupant of the White House at the time did nothing to stop travel from the country of origin into the US. Costing the lives of Americans. But ideology and agenda mattered far more to him than did American lives. We need to be thankful that useless jackass isn't around now, when we have a much more serious problem.

Old 03-30-2020, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
You have to love (or hate, more accurately) the way Trump frames stuff.....like

I found the miracle cure - I've been pushing for it- yeah, so far the results are very very good- and I think that the field testing we are doing is MUCH better than a actual drug trial BUT THE DOCTORS TELL ME NO.
It's like he strings together and bunch of chit and then makes it completely clear he has no idea of what he is talking about that he is wrong based on ANY logic.

But because he mouths so loud about the "good" parts of his PR and then trails off at the end "the doctors tell me no"....a lot of people don't understand that really is the conclusion of the entire rant!

There is absolutely no hope for our current society...we can just pray that future generations will be more education and logical and not have dinosaurs with saddles on them in museums and talk radio hosts who tell us Pandemics are the common cold.

I won't be here to see it - that's for sure. It will take at least 2 generations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
see, the scary thing is the number of people that are like you that actually believe he said anything that you claim he said above.
you’ll find that craigie is quite fond of just making ***** up, if you haven’t noticed already.

Old 03-30-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What is extra-stupid is that the occupant of the White House at the time did nothing to stop travel from the country of origin into the US. Costing the lives of Americans. But ideology and agenda mattered far more to him than did American lives. We need to be thankful that useless jackass isn't around now, when we have a much more serious problem.
he gets a pass. D’s always do.

Old 03-30-2020, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Here is the whole quote. "Where are the masks going? Are they going out the back door? How do you go from 10,000 to 300,000? And we have that in a lot of different places. So, somebody should probably look into that, because I just don't see, from a practical standpoint, how that's possible to go from that to that."

He suggested that hospital employees might be stealing lots of PPE. It was, at best, baseless and tone deaf at a time when hospital employees are the functional equivalent of soldiers going to war on behalf of our country.
was it tone deaf of cuomo to notice PPE was being stolen from hospitals?

Old 03-30-2020, 07:35 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
No one called H1N1 "American virus" did they? Why?

Get off your Americentric, Trumpian bar stool. Science has names for these diseases. Use them, or continue to appear an uneducated, racist part of humanity.
China is not a race.

If you watched yesterday's presser, you would have heard why he referred to it as the Chinese Virus for a period of time - because Chinese propaganda (official media) tried to claim the US Military brought it to ...China.

at this time, one thing *seems* clear to the world - China has been lying about the virus

Old 03-30-2020, 07:35 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
Tump, and the GOP as a whole, has run on the basis of fear.

You need to vote for us because you fear the ......... and we will make sure this group is suppressed.

When they obtain office they usually find they don't have the power to suppress group XYZ and blame the Courts. So they say they need to stay in power to change the Courts.

So far during this pandemic they have tried to make people fear the Chinese. That tactic is not working so well since most people don't fear the Chinese. Instead they mostly fear idiots that believe it is no big deal and spread the virus. And guess who the idiots are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies