Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2020, 08:05 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Look, if even China shut down their economy trying to combat this disease (the CCP is the last government in the world to put humanitarian concerns over economic strength) is a clear indicator that this thing could potentially be very devastating if we just carried on with business as usual.
They lied and denied it's existence for quite some time. They also said it wasn't transmitted from person to person. They detained and locked up the doctor who tried to warn about the virus, and kicked out our journalists and researchers who could have helped.

The Chicom's handling of this looked more like a coverup than any real concern for the public's safety. Commies don't care about people, and that's been demonstrated all throughout history. They do care about money and whether the world will accept/tolerate their lies.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:06 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
And forget about China's rate of infection going down, if the government closes down every business in the country for three months and orders everyone to stay inside, which is what they did, they'll certainly slow the spread of the infection to a trickle. But our stable genius wants it to be business as usual by Easter, and we will easily be the global epicenter of the pandemic, with little planning or preparation in place to save those most at risk.
Trump is a bit of a moron and that is a fact. Let's be honest. The Chinese are used to living in a totalitarian society. The government speaks they run to obey. Americans? Nope they tend to do the opposite no matter what. especially people over 70.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:06 PM

4,232 posts, read 2,454,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Than get out of here. If you want to live in a place where you won't have to worry about a strong economy making a nation great, there are plenty of depressed hell holes around the world that would take you in. But trying to destroy America's economy, for a virus that has a mortality rate of perhaps 1%, is selfish and irresponsible at best, and malicious at worst.
The US economy was a house of cards on a foundation of quicksand anyway. Covid 19 just brought the reckoning 2-3 years earlier, that's all.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:07 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It is a drug that is shown to work in some studies but is still going in trials. I don't mind airing on the side of caution. Then again as I've gotten old I'm far less of a risk taker than I use to be.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:07 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I hear that Fargo, N.D. and Lincoln, Nebraska have zero cases of this virus. Contrast that with the democratic controlled hellhole of NYC.
ND received 10,000 Unemployment claims last week, more than 2% of the state’s civilian workforce.

https://www.inforum.com/lifestyle/he...ta-total-at-36

Old 03-24-2020, 08:08 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
"Let em die, money first." This country is sick.
I know, you should move...

Old 03-24-2020, 08:08 PM

17,355 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Were did this couple get that idea from?

To put fish cleaner tablets in pop and drink it? No idea.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:09 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Ohio closed all abortion clinics last week. Texas did it this week. I think Mississippi is next.

"Non-essential" was the call.

I wonder whether the coronavirus can attack the fetus. If so, what could the effects be?

Old 03-24-2020, 08:09 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,646 times
Trump needs to sit his ass down and let the medical professionals speak for him.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:11 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,856,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I’m for both pro-life and pro-fetus

BTW...if the economy crashes and goes into a depression...wont that cause a major increase in depression, and suicides!
And if millions die from the virus, won't that cause a major increase in depression and suicides? Those suicides being apart from the millions of deaths from the disease...those must be important to someone who cherishes life. I don't know how quickly the economy or society will recover from that. Especially those who are "pro-life." Do you see how shallow the "economy is more important than everything" argument is? Society has to be functioning fairly normally for the economy to function.

Furthermore...
If millions die from the virus, won't that also cripple the economy?
If millions get sick from the virus, won't that overhwlem hospitals and cripple the economy, as well as lead to major depression, anxiety, and substance abuse/overdoses?

These things are more complex than you are willing to admit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies