Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 02:33 PM

35,522 posts, read 17,824,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Yes, I disagree. He's basically saying even those advising us on a national level are idiots who are being way too careful. I'll trust the judgement of Anthony Fauci over Donald Trump, thank you very much. I haven't heard Fauci saying anything remotely like shut down the US for years. I am a scientist myself - another group that the President is deeply skeptical of. We have many doctors in my company, a pharma/biotech company, and I can tell you that Fauci's comments on the way that chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine should be handled were far better than Trump's.
I would trust Anthony Fauci's medical expertise over Trump's also, and know that Fauci is singularly focused on keeping numbers and severity of illness down.

That's why he's in that position. Because we need a medical voice to get a very very clear picture of what is likely to happen in the future, and ways to prevent illnesses and lessen their severity.

But that's not the only concern. The other concern is our entire economy.

I've never been one to agree with the cliche "If all this effort saves only one person, it will all be worth it". No, it won't, actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2020, 05:33 PM

I see Fauci was back on the podium today. Unable to watch the video - it kept cutting out.

Anyone watch today's press conference?

Old 03-24-2020, 05:41 PM

I was able to watch some of his remarks.

When asked if he was on board with the plan to open the country back up on Easter, he said the situation is all fluid and it may be that different parts of the country that are much less involved can open sooner than others, and obviously they're not going to lift advisories in places where the infection rate is going up at that time.

Old 03-24-2020, 05:44 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,477,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I was able to watch some of his remarks.

When asked if he was on board with the plan to open the country back up on Easter, he said the situation is all fluid and it may be that different parts of the country that are much less involved can open sooner than others, and obviously they're not going to lift advisories in places where the infection rate is going up at that time.
Trump said pretty much the same thing - parts of the country where infections are minimal will open up sooner.

Old 03-24-2020, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Trump said pretty much the same thing - parts of the country where infections are minimal will open up sooner.
Right. Not every region is comparable.

Old 03-24-2020, 06:07 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,918,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Right. Not every region is comparable.
If you have even one case in your area, opening restaurants bars and other gathering places would be very foolish IMO. That would be asking to be like NY.

I was glad to see Fauci back on the podium today. Someone had to push back on the Happy Easter talk.

Old 03-24-2020, 06:07 PM

45,137 posts, read 26,325,093 times
Isnt anyone alarmed how govt workers talk about "opening" and "closing" parts of the country?

Old 03-24-2020, 06:09 PM

20,023 posts, read 8,919,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Isnt anyone alarmed how govt workers talk about "opening" and "closing" parts of the country?
not at all, it's a great idea, everyone else can't wait around for Cuomo to clean up the mess he created

Old 03-24-2020, 06:17 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,512,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Fauci's in with the One Worlder's. Trump just got the truth what he was up to in November....
Never let a crisis go to waste. Especially one you helped create.
Why is Bill Gates & George Soro's name coming up with the Wuhan bio-research facility and Fauci in communications with them, October 31st?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Did Alex Jones tell you that? Or maybe Q?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinsey86 View Post
Must have gotten that ration of tin foil.

The doctor simply said out loud that the emperor had no clothes on. It was to be expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Are we rolling out the anti-aircraft gun for this guy? Where are you getting your information from? How come I'm outta the loop?
Seems like a YUGE conflict of interest here!!!!!!!
Look into Dr. Anthony Fauci and his Pirbright Institute connection.
Anthony S. Fauci, MD received major funding from The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation—who also funded the Coronavirus patent holder...... The Pirbright Institute (Rothschild UK)

https://www.fbcoverup.com/docs/libra...ct-28-2019.pdf

https://www.ajmc.com/newsroom/nih-bi...-hiv-treatment

Could the British Crown be involved? We are not talking about Prince Andrew and his Epstein connection.
https://americans4innovation.blogspo...ish-crown.html
https://americans4innovation.blogspo...hild-lord.html

Old 03-24-2020, 06:49 PM

23,451 posts, read 17,121,013 times
Default Biden was obviously absent too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I think Fauci ticked off Trump once too often. Trump probably doesn't want him around anymore to deconstruct the Prez's sugarcoating of the crisis. Ah well, the only honest man in the Corona cabinet defanged. Proves that in these times it's evil which triumphs over good unfortunately.
Huh? Biden was obviously absent too!!!

what do you think was going on, was the DNC worried about biden's fragile mental condition?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies