Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 03:05 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
There. You know more about him than I do as I didn’t know he had a studio in his house. Why do you let him get under your skin so?
Rush Limbaugh is one of the most influential people in this country. Millions of people listen to him and believe every word he says.

Old 03-25-2020, 03:05 PM

764 posts, read 391,696 times
I hope he's okay. I love that man.

Old 03-25-2020, 03:12 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
He is tolerating his treatment poorly.

Old 03-25-2020, 03:35 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
I think it could be an over reaction -but when I see that pack of wolves called congress staring at the mr trump jugular vein -I think caution is the watch word

Old 03-25-2020, 04:06 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
He has a studio in his house.

Has he finally achieved some sort of shame for the lies he spreads out to his dopey fans? He should at least have the decency to get on the air and say "i was wrong, I apologize". Nope.
I have to agree. I’ve thought he was wrong to downplay this since I first heard he said it. I figured this was serious the moment China shut down Wuhan and two other cities near the end of January, during Chinese New Year. I Knew the numbers they were giving out weren’t trustworthy, but if anything they were downplaying the numbers so it was probably way worse than they said. I remember thinking Rush of all people should be concerned. What a maroon.

Old 03-25-2020, 04:18 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I have to agree. I’ve thought he was wrong to downplay this since I first heard he said it. I figured this was serious the moment China shut down Wuhan and two other cities near the end of January, during Chinese New Year. I Knew the numbers they were giving out weren’t trustworthy, but if anything they were downplaying the numbers so it was probably way worse than they said. I remember thinking Rush of all people should be concerned. What a maroon.
That's the problem when you are a hard core partisan and ideologue and cannot shut it off.

He spent his entire life telling everyone that Democrats and liberals are the devil, and the last few years saying that Trump is basically the messiah to destroy that devil. So, if a crisis has any possibility of hurting the "messiah", it HAS to be a plot by the devil Dems and their evil media apparatus to destroy Trump. It can't actually be real.

Old 03-25-2020, 04:30 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
He basically said it was an overreaction.

It is.
On 2/24 Limbaugh told his 24 million listeners:

“ Now I want to tell up you the truth about the Coronavirus....I’m dead right on this. The Coronavirus is the common cold. The drive-by media hype up this thing as a pandemic”.

It was an irresponsible rant by someone not remotely qualified to talk about infectious disease.

Old 03-25-2020, 04:34 PM

17,774 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
On 2/24 Limbaugh told his 24 million listeners:

“ Now I want to tell up you the truth about the Coronavirus....I’m dead right on this. The Coronavirus is the common cold. The drive-by media hype up this thing as a pandemic”.

It was an irresponsible rant by someone not remotely qualified to talk about infectious disease.
"Common" Cold.

Must be why the epidemiologists named it a "novel" coronavirus. Because it is "common".

Old 03-25-2020, 04:44 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
That's the problem when you are a hard core partisan and ideologue and cannot shut it off.

He spent his entire life telling everyone that Democrats and liberals are the devil, and the last few years saying that Trump is basically the messiah to destroy that devil. So, if a crisis has any possibility of hurting the "messiah", it HAS to be a plot by the devil Dems and their evil media apparatus to destroy Trump. It can't actually be real.
No, I think he truly believes it’s overblown. I hear so many people talk about how the flu was worse. When you look at the numbers it does appear to be worse, but when you look at the shear number of people catching this and then those who have to go to the hospital for it, you realize it is worse. And everyone saying we didn’t shut our entire economy down for past pandemics using the 1918 flu, we could be the same way now if we were willing to just let old people die even though we do have technology to keep them alive if they aren’t overwhelmed with too many cases at once.

Anyone saying that people would be willing to die to prevent another depression like our idiot Lt. Gov in Texas, think about the huge hit to the economy that would happen if a large number of baby boomers and Gen X died en masse. How would that not affect the economy negatively? I think it would be way worse than these measures we’re taking now.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:16 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
No, I think he truly believes it’s overblown. I hear so many people talk about how the flu was worse. When you look at the numbers it does appear to be worse, but when you look at the shear number of people catching this and then those who have to go to the hospital for it, you realize it is worse. And everyone saying we didn’t shut our entire economy down for past pandemics using the 1918 flu, we could be the same way now if we were willing to just let old people die even though we do have technology to keep them alive if they aren’t overwhelmed with too many cases at once.

Anyone saying that people would be willing to die to prevent another depression like our idiot Lt. Gov in Texas, think about the huge hit to the economy that would happen if a large number of baby boomers and Gen X died en masse. How would that not affect the economy negatively? I think it would be way worse than these measures we’re taking now.
The problem with the virus is that it isn't super deadly to most people, but is very contagious and allows people to walk around spreading it with few or no symptoms. Bill Gates 2015 Ted talk had it nailed. It's not ebola you should fear, because it kills too many too quickly. It's this type of bug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies