Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 06:45 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,158 times

Advertisements

Yeah...chicken little let’s just shut down the country for 10 years...you fear mongering maroon!

Quote:

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top expert on infectious disease, on Wednesday warned that the novel coronavirus could come back in "cycles," and urged the US to be prepared.

The virus "very well might" become cyclical and experienced seasonally, Fauci said at the daily White House briefing on coronavirus. "We really need to be prepared for another cycle," he added.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fauc...prepare-2020-3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 06:51 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,284,192 times
I have thought this would become seasonal. But like the flu going forward, I would assume there will ultimately be a virus shot like the flu or pneumonia given annually. The issue currently is the fast spread and no plentiful protection available. I do not subscribe to you or others who claim fear mongering. And I certainly do not think the US is overreacting. What does that say to the rest of the world doing the exact same thing? So the world countries are wrong and you're right?

Old 03-26-2020, 06:53 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I have thought this would become seasonal. But like the flu going forward, I would assume there will ultimately be a virus shot like the flu or pneumonia given annually. The issue currently is the fast spread and no plentiful protection available. I do not subscribe to you or others who claim fear mongering. And I certainly do not think the US is overreacting. What does that say to the rest of the world doing the exact same thing? So the world countries are wrong and you're right?
I'm curious, how many months do you people think the country should be on lockdown? Do you have a number of months in mind or is it however long it takes to destroy the U.S. economy?

Old 03-26-2020, 06:55 AM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Yeah...chicken little let’s just shut down the country for 10 years...you fear mongering maroon!

https://www.businessinsider.com/fauc...prepare-2020-3
What in God's name are you talking about? Where the hell does he even REMOTELY hint at shutting the country down for 10 years or even 1 year or ANY specified time period?

Old 03-26-2020, 06:55 AM

989 posts, read 456,114 times
Man, you've got it bad for Dr. Fauci. I believe 3 nights ago, on the Nightly Self-Love Tour by Trump, Dr. Birx very elegantly described large waves of this virus coming in 2021 and 2022 before most (around 70-80% of the population) would be infected. So, yeah, the seasonal pitch was discussed days ago but it may have gone over your head.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:56 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
His point was that he expects the vaccine by then, so we will be prepared.

I thought yesterday's conference was very encouraging - particularly that the rate of growth is slowing down in NY.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:56 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Career technocrat political creature Fauci should be in lockdown and muzzled.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:58 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,158 times
Quote:

And I certainly do not think the US is overreacting.
With all due respect I disagree...99.5% that come down with the corona virus recover...so yes...chicken little is over reacting!

Old 03-26-2020, 06:58 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,284,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I'm curious, how many months do you people think the country should be on lockdown? Do you have a number of months in mind or is it however long it takes to destroy the U.S. economy?
I am entirely clueless to be honest. I'll never know if these sanctions were not in place how bad the virus would be. As a CPA I can easily see the crippling effect of this, and the long-term ripple effect once we start turning things back on. Many businesses will be forced to close, many people will be seeking new jobs. I defer to medical experts, not Trump or any politician. Regardless, totally surreal and something probably never seen by anyone less than 100 years old. No experience in this other than looking back at past epidemics like the Spanish Flu and seeing how social distancing worked.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:00 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Ive came to grips with reality. We cannot hide forever. Also, when does the next new funky exotice bat crapdisease kill us? Faucci is not the final say. Hes alright but hes not 'a national treasure" as some have strangely suggested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies