Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 05:12 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,428,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
Women simply need to listen to Mark, he said it very succinctly.

The payoff is from 24:15 to 24:39

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg6ak...AyGE3&index=22

But then the apple did not fall far from the tree:

watch from 2:30 - 2:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf79e...4AyGE3&index=9

Enjoy!!!!

Cites:

The Rifleman, episode: The Boarding House, 1959

The Rifleman, episode: The Sister, 1959

As a man, I use to leave home on Sunday morning or afternoon for the airport, get my workweek in and try and fly home Thursday night of Friday morning to afternoon, I'd be dog tired, but then I would come in the front door and there the woman would often be, laying on the floor, with one or more of the kids resting their head on her stomach, as she home schooled the boys, the air filled with the scent of fresh baked chocolate cookies, fresh bread, or cherry pie, and at that moment the world was at peace. A woman content in her natural environment is a beautiful thing to behold, they are radiant and delectable in that way.
Well, as a woman I left for work every day before my husband did. When I got home I vacuumed the house; maybe did a load of laundry; took care of the pets; and had dinner ready for him every night when he got home from work. On weekends he either volunteered at the rescue squad or flew his small plane, a hobby that I didn't share because I got air sick. While he was gone I cleaned house more thoroughly; did big laundry; and did ALL the yard work. BTW, I made a salary equivalent to his. I sure didn't feel very "radiant and delectable" by the end of the weekend; I was more "peeved and resentful" than anything else at shouldering all the work around the house and yard without any help or even acknowledgment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 05:26 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
I have no skin in the game but my observation: Many women don't grow up and still want to be a "Toys for us kid" and expect solely for the man to buy.

Old 03-26-2020, 05:34 PM

1,417 posts, read 734,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Well, as a woman I left for work every day before my husband did. When I got home I vacuumed the house; maybe did a load of laundry; took care of the pets; and had dinner ready for him every night when he got home from work. On weekends he either volunteered at the rescue squad or flew his small plane, a hobby that I didn't share because I got air sick. While he was gone I cleaned house more thoroughly; did big laundry; and did ALL the yard work. BTW, I made a salary equivalent to his. I sure didn't feel very "radiant and delectable" by the end of the weekend; I was more "peeved and resentful" than anything else at shouldering all the work around the house and yard without any help or even acknowledgment.
Sadly, it sounds like you married more of an arrested adolescent than a man. I know a few of them and don't cotton to their ilk.

Old 03-26-2020, 05:42 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,230,149 times
Huh? This feminist is working from home until further notice, while homeschooling 3 children, caring for a sick husband (coronavirus), and checking in on aged parents. That’s how we liberated types roll.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:35 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,428,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
Sadly, it sounds like you married more of an arrested adolescent than a man. I know a few of them and don't cotton to their ilk.
No; it's just that his primary passions were work, the squad, and flying. He was an extremely accomplished professional in a highly technical field, a quintessential "nerd' before the term was even thought of. If he wasn't interested in doing something, then it wasn't on his radar for expending energy.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:50 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,895,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
No; it's just that his primary passions were work, the squad, and flying. He was an extremely accomplished professional in a highly technical field, a quintessential "nerd' before the term was even thought of. If he wasn't interested in doing something, then it wasn't on his radar for expending energy.
So you knew what you were getting into?

The Coronavirus Is a Disaster for Feminism

Feminism is a disaster for feminism actually. They have been eating their own for a while now.
Quote:
Feminism’s Purity Wars
Why has Erin Pizzey, once a pioneer of the women’s movement, been written out of its history?
https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...ulture/607057/

Old 03-26-2020, 06:56 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginge McFantaPants View Post
Huh? This feminist is working from home until further notice, while homeschooling 3 children, caring for a sick husband (coronavirus), and checking in on aged parents. That’s how we liberated types roll.
Great post.

I honestly have no idea what coronavirus has to do with feminism, I suspect nothing.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:58 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Being female and a self proclaimed feminist for many years, I can not and will not define with what being a feminist is TODAY.

I’m all for women doing and being whatever they want. And also they should receive the same pay for the same job. If they cannot do the job, they should not have the job. Period.

It’s about equality and not the craziness that has taken it over, wearing ridiculous, vile hats. This is where feminists are mocked. And rightfully so. I’m embarrassed by feminists of 2020.

The day women left the home and took on the role of full time wage earners is the day traditional gender (woman/man, not all the others people are claiming) roles were thrown out.

A woman can choose to work in the home and that’s fine. No issue with that at all. Her choice.

As stated above, feminists (my concept and belief for four decades) is that women get to decide for themselves what they want to be when they grow up.
You just described exactly what feminism is TODAY or ANY DAY. Sure, there are some crazies out there that appropriate the narrative, but that happens with every movement/philosophy. You're throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:07 PM

158 posts, read 106,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Being female and a self proclaimed feminist for many years, I can not and will not define with what being a feminist is TODAY.

I’m all for women doing and being whatever they want. And also they should receive the same pay for the same job. If they cannot do the job, they should not have the job. Period.

It’s about equality and not the craziness that has taken it over, wearing ridiculous, vile hats. This is where feminists are mocked. And rightfully so. I’m embarrassed by feminists of 2020.

The day women left the home and took on the role of full time wage earners is the day traditional gender (woman/man, not all the others people are claiming) roles were thrown out.

A woman can choose to work in the home and that’s fine. No issue with that at all. Her choice.

As stated above, feminists (my concept and belief for four decades) is that women get to decide for themselves what they want to be when they grow up.
What is the point of feminism in modern times in the west? Women can vote, women can get a great education, women can get a great job/career...Isn't that "equal" enough? Sure not everything for women is perfect, but neither is everything perfect for men, I really don't get this idea wherein a woman, under absolutely NO circumstances, should ever face any difficulties/challenges in life or get hurt feelings because....men/patriarchy.

What issues do women in the west even have to go "marching about" anyway?

And I am old enough to remember times past, but really, while indeed there will always be men with problems/low self-esteem/anger issues etc. In all my working career I have found that easily for the most part, if you're a woman working mostly with men so long as you:

A. Are genuinely capable and competent and just focus on your work
B. Don't make it a point to point out that "I'm a woman and look what I can do! Men!!" most men will easily respect and help you.

One of the things that bug me is the whole "The first woman to do X!" "The first women to do Y!". Really, what's the point? If a man/men were the first to do X why should it be viewed as something unique/special just because a man/men were the ones to do it first? And at the topic at hand, 70% of those who have died due to the Cornova virus have been men, so why is this a problem?

Funny enough, I watched a video of a guy commenting on it and I think this comment put it best:

Quote:
World ends...women most affected
World does not end...women most affected
A dog farts after eating a can of beans...women most affected
Heh.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:22 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
This is where I'm at. I don't need a woman to make me a sandwich. It's nice, but not necessary. I don't need her to be a 5 Michelin Star chef (I've known how to cook since I was a teenager, my father taught me, along with some of the stuff I watched on Food Network). If she can cook well, that is a good thing. If she is kind, very nice, has a soft way about her (she can still be that woman who likes sports and hiking), if I can built WITH HER instead, shares values similar to mine if she knows what it takes to build a family, respectful of me as a man (and I'm respectful of her as a woman), then that is a woman I can be with. She doesn't need to be 1950s housewife.

This is what I see in terms of Covid-19. The feminists are shifting more of their attention to Covid-19. It isn't a disaster for feminism, YET. Once all of this blows over, the radical feminists (not to be confused with your Susan B. Anthony/Harriett Tubman/Sojourner Truth/Nellie Tayloe-Ross types), which are more like feminazis than the original feminists, they will be back. When things go back to normal, those types will be back. Ironically, it's the radical "woke" types who are the slowest to return to normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies