Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 07:29 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Trump is repeating what medical advisers have told him. You do not think he should listen to doctors? If anything, he is minimizing this situation.
He should listen, but not allow them to make policy. His reaction was a massive political fumble, perhaps the biggest ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2020, 07:30 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Does airing Trump's daily presser make it fake?

Did Trump shut down the economy and ask the taxpayer for $6 trillion based on fake news?
I ask again, what did the federal government shut down.

Old 03-27-2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Sure. Whatever gets you through the night.

The government actually forbids people to work, and then they wonder why the economy collapsed

Trump stands in front of TV cameras every day putting the fear of death in peoples hearts, and then he wonders why people reacts the way they do.

Are you kidding me? The world has never seen such man-made economic disaster before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Wait, in some of the other threads hear, Trump hasn't done enough and tried to downplay the pandemic.

So which is it ? He did too much and caused a panic or didn't do enough and caused panic ?
Can you just read my post again as opposed to asking me what I just said?

Old 03-27-2020, 07:32 AM

Quote:
He should listen, but not allow them to make policy. His reaction was a massive political fumble, perhaps the biggest ever.
No, you just hate Trump is all, pure and simple.

The experts advice has been pretty clear, we need to social distant ourselves, and this means stopping large gathers as well.

The federal government made these guidelines, local governments have acted upon them in various ways. How local governments respond is not Trump's fault, as there are some who have done nothing, others who have locked down.

Old 03-27-2020, 07:33 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Good for that guy. He made a smart bet and it paid well.

Old 03-27-2020, 07:36 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Tucker covered this evil {{{sleezebag}}} last night. He knowingly lied and then turned around and took advantage of his lies to the tune of "earning" billions in a single day. Absolutely a horrible human being. Send him to the gallows!!

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...0-3-1029035562

Apparently this is not the first time he hs done this either, yet nothing seems to happen to him. With what he and some others do (like Soros) is worse than insider trading.
That at least only allows certain people with inside information to profit. Instead this guy can ruin peoples jobs and lives, and profit from it.

`

Old 03-27-2020, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Yet on other threads, this poster criticizes Trump for not listening to experts, for example regarding climate change.
Can you show one such post?

I know you are deeply infatuated with your messiah, but why should that justify making stuff up?

Heck, even on this page I have not criticized him for not listening. I have said he should listen, but not allow them to dictate policy.

You are making stuff up about me, in order to deflect away from your position which you cannot defend.

Old 03-27-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Can you show one such post?

I know you are deeply infatuated with your messiah, but why should that justify making stuff up?

Heck, even on this page I have not criticized him for not listening. I have said he should listen, but not allow them to dictate policy.

You are making stuff up about me, in order to deflect away from your position which you cannot defend.
I am actually a Trump hater, Biden and Hillary supporter, lol.

Old 03-27-2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:
I am actually a Trump hater, Biden and Hillary supporter, lol.
Good luck with your hate.

I hate no one.

Old 03-27-2020, 07:55 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Tucker covered this evil {{{sleezebag}}} last night. He knowingly lied and then turned around and took advantage of his lies to the tune of "earning" billions in a single day. Absolutely a horrible human being. Send him to the gallows!!
Quote:
Ackman urged CEOs of his portfolio companies to take precautions as "hell is coming" and said a national stay-at-home order was "the only answer" for saving the economy. Markets slid further through the March 18 session during Ackman's emotional CNBC interview.

After commentators accused him of fearmongering and intentionally driving markets lower, the investor said that he was "confident the president will do the right thing."

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...0-3-1029035562
You actually think what he said had any influence on the market tanking? lol People will believe anything. How dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies