Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2020, 10:40 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Congressman Massie needs to be kicked out of congress.

it can be done. it should be done ASAP. As a republican voter, and supporter of the Conservative Caucasus, i have stated that democrats should make Nancy Pelosi pay for her overtly politicization of this COVID bill.

Its time now for Republicans to hold their own to account. Massie needs to go and republicans need to lead the charge.
I thought Jim Jordan was a horses behind, then along came Massie ! This guy is off the rails and even his own side is ashamed of his behavior. What a clown, the people of KY must have very low standards when it comes to who they elect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2020, 10:45 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I thought Jim Jordan was a horses behind, then along came Massie ! This guy is off the rails and even his own side is ashamed of his behavior. What a clown, the people of KY must have very low standards when it comes to who they elect.
The only clowns are the kept children who need government to raise them from cradle to grave. You actually think putting in billions of dollars of pork that have nothing to do with corona is the thing to do right now?

Sen Warren was right, "men, if you can find one".

Old 03-28-2020, 11:06 AM

1,329 posts, read 832,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
So no problem with 350k going to study the sex lives of Japanese quails while on cocaine?

If it has nothing to do with corona it doesn't need to be in the bill. THAT is being realistic.

No, that's confusing an "ought" with an "is".

Old 03-28-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
No, that's confusing an "ought" with an "is".
lol No confusing on my end at all. The truth tells us that many parts of the corona bill have nothing to do with corona.

Old 03-28-2020, 11:29 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:
So no problem with 350k going to study the sex lives of Japanese quails while on cocaine?

If it has nothing to do with corona it doesn't need to be in the bill. THAT is being realistic.
Yeah, cool story, bro. Except of course, there is nothing in there about Japanese quails on toot. But you already knew that, didn't you?

If there's pork in that bill that you think shouldn't be there, why don't you give us some examples? Some examples of the things that Massie risked hundreds of lives to grandstand for his idiot base? That is - some examples of things that are really there.

Old 03-28-2020, 11:57 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
I'm not a fan of pork and I'm very critical of bailouts to businesses that present a moral hazard in the face of a world of changing technology and culture, but we are in an unprecedented emergency. At some point, people must be realistic and defer to reality rather than ideology.
It might be too much to ask however, imho, reality always trumps ideology. Ideology often acts like a 'blind spot' to reality.

Old 03-28-2020, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Yeah, cool story, bro. Except of course, there is nothing in there about Japanese quails on toot. But you already knew that, didn't you?
It was an example of the type of wasteful spending government does time and time again. Not too hard to figure out if you care about the truth.

Quote:
If there's pork in that bill that you think shouldn't be there, why don't you give us some examples?
So you admit either you were too lazy to look for it or you don't have the knowledge to understand what a non related item is. You actually need someone to explain to you the obvious? lol Figures.

$93,000,000 Congress ($25 million of which is for "salaries and expenses")
$25,000,000 for the Kennedy Center for Performing Arts
$7,500,000 for the Smithsonian Institution

"This section obliges the head of each federal department or agency to “develop and implement standards and procedures to ensure, to the maximum extent possible as permitted by law, the use of minority banks and minority credit unions to serve the financial needs of each such department or agency.

All publicly traded corporations receiving federal aid would, under the Pelosi proposal, be required to file quarterly disclosures to the SEC detailing their demographic “composition, including data on diversity (including racial and gender composition) and any policies and audits related to diversity.”

Aid Recipients Must Allow Labor to Appoint One-Third of Corporate Board Members

Amending the Help America Vote Act to Require States to Accommodate Same-Day Registrants

Prohibiting Institutions of Higher Learning from Disclosing the Immigration Status of Students

Grant Program for “Sustainable Aviation Fuel”

Mandatory Carbon Offsets for Airlines

Anything else you want me to do for you? Grocery shopping? Change the air filters?

Quote:
Some examples of the things that Massie risked hundreds of lives to grandstand for his idiot base? That is - some examples of things that are really there.
The only lives at risk are the kept children who think government should run their life.
Men, if you can find one.

Old 03-28-2020, 12:54 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
How is it helpful to choose to be influenced by those government representatives & others who clannishly insist that "government is the problem" & then, when elected, proceed to prove their point?

Old 03-28-2020, 01:52 PM

8,173 posts, read 6,924,107 times
I actually just donated to him. lol.
Massie is AWESOME.

No recorded vote on the largest spending bill in history?
No accountability? Get the hell outta here. Massie is 100% RIGHT.

I see we're sending 11 billion dollars to Africa. Yeah, that should help Americans.

Old 03-28-2020, 03:20 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:

It was an example of the type of wasteful spending government does time and time again. Not too hard to figure out if you care about the truth.

So you admit either you were too lazy to look for it or you don't have the knowledge to understand what a non related item is. You actually need someone to explain to you the obvious? lol Figures.
What the heck are you talking about? I never said there was no pork - jesus, learn to read, will you? Or if one of your liberal neighbors has a 5-year old child, ask them to come over and read it for you. I'm just asking you to support your argument by supplying the data on which you based your argument, instead of the made-up fairy tale you tried to run past us the first time.

I'm not doing your research for you, for christ's sake. I'm just trying to see if you actually know what you're talking about, and apparently you do. Good for you. But you maybe should have used those examples in the first place.

Quote:

Anything else you want me to do for you? Grocery shopping? Change the air filters?
Nah; I wouldn't trust you not to screw it up. I'd suggest you spend the time reading a newspaper or something, but that's probably too much to ask.

Quote:
The only lives at risk are the kept children who think government should run their life.
Men, if you can find one.
So... in your parallel universe, every one of the 30,000 people who've died form this so far died because they were "kept children who think the government should tun their life".

In what possible alternate reality does that even make the least bit of sense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies