Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 04:10 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Let me guess..... She's a democrat?
Was the clue that she blamed someone else for her own choices? (That’s always a giveaway.)

Old 03-27-2020, 04:13 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Expected response from her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7NdrkKD8Vk

Old 03-27-2020, 04:36 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That doesn't fly, because at that time, Trump had declared a COVID-19 a public health emergency, closed flights from China.

This dumb assed mayor is trying to claim she is soooo stupid, she does nothing but sit on her hands, unable to asses events that might affect her citizens, unable to speak with her own doctors and health professionals, unable to make any decisions at all unless the federal government tells her what to do. They may as well have elected a five year old child to be mayor.
Trump thought it was just a Chinese virus at the time. He called it a Democratic Hoax on February 28th, Mardi Gras itself was just days before Trump made his rally speech. Now yes, Mardi Gras is a few weeks before and a few weeks after, but it is hard to believe Trump was taking the virus seriously at that point. He thought it would go away well into two weeks after. He only changed his tune once Wall Street had stocks plummet on him.

Old 03-27-2020, 04:49 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Trump thought it was just a Chinese virus at the time. He called it a Democratic Hoax on February 28th, Mardi Gras itself was just days before Trump made his rally speech. Now yes, Mardi Gras is a few weeks before and a few weeks after, but it is hard to believe Trump was taking the virus seriously at that point. He thought it would go away well into two weeks after. He only changed his tune once Wall Street had stocks plummet on him.
Spot on post. It's laughable that someone wants to claim that Trump shutting off incoming traffic from the Chinese is any indication that he had a clue about what was going on in the United States.

And it's painfully evident from what he did say at the time that he was trying hard to discredit those who DID know what was going on in the United States.

And it is more than likely that the CDC gave him accurate information and he chose not to accept it.

Old 03-27-2020, 04:49 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Completely expected.

She, like Cuomo, made the decision to keep tax revenue pouring into their coffers rather than shelter in place and protect their citizens. Both are losers and should be ashamed of themselves. Cuomo too is whining like a child now and blaming Trump. Shocker!
you want to talk about an Amity mayor - "if we can just make it through Mardi Gras, THEN we'll start making plans!"

Old 03-27-2020, 04:52 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
we have the New Orleans mayor complaining that it was Trump's fault she didn't shut down Mardi Gras.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...esponse-2020-3
He did say it would disappear. He did say it was under control.

He is the President.

And by his own admission has feelings about this stuff and is intelligent and all that.

Are you suggesting we shouldn't take his word when he makes a declaration.

Well now that's an interesting take?

Old 03-27-2020, 04:53 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
If the federal government had taken it more seriously -- the whole country might have.

So what we are saying is -- don't trust the federal govt. They can't be trusted.

WOW...oh wow.

Old 03-27-2020, 04:56 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Trump has way too much power and I think the tragedy which is unfolding is proof that the office of the POTUS has too much concentrated power. No reason that Congress is not capable of appointing an expert to deal with a crisis such as this. It must be centralized and Trump is refusing to do it. Why should even one person die because of this grifter who received less votes?
President Trump did not have the authority to tell Louisiana not to have the Mardi Gras.

Old 03-27-2020, 04:57 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
The mayors of NO don’t have a very good record.
I will forever remember "Schoolbus" Nagin.

Old 03-27-2020, 05:20 PM

8,500 posts, read 4,741,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Sorry, but no. The buck stops at the top. "I take no responsibilty" shows how much of a failure he is. Past presidents knew better, and said clearly "The buck stops here" want a example:
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...curity-failure

We ARE doing what we can to help neighbors, heck I know I am. But we elect people, and pay taxes so that they will deal with things in a nationwide organizational level. And pandemics are not a local issue-you can do everything right in your locale, but then someone from the next one over brings it in. Thats EXACTLY why we need a national effort. This doesnt say "oh look that neighborhood is working together, guess I shouldn't go there".

Dont make up excuses for the presidents failure to lead.
No excuses. I think we look too much to the government or the president to lead us. I’m not a Donnie Jingles fan, but I also don’t think the buck stops with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies