Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 01:32 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,601,247 times

Advertisements

https://gizmodo.com/teen-who-died-of...use-1842520539

As a Canadian, I just can't see how or why this is even possible. It is immoral, it is unethical, it is unthinking that someone who needs critical care is denied because... of insurance!!!!

The urgent care facility refused to see him, referring him instead to another hospital. Why are there still some Americans who are not absolutely outraged at this? Why are there so many who don't see healthcare as a HUMAN right, especially critical and urgent care?

I'm sure there are some here who are perfectly OK with the system that allows this. I will never understand you and your excuses.

Old 03-27-2020, 01:35 PM

4,512 posts, read 1,868,137 times
Hey pal your country can do things their way and we will do things our way.

Stick with what you know best, global irrelevance and abysmal weather.

Old 03-27-2020, 01:35 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,603,038 times
Already discussed in the appropriate topic. It’s the law that you need to have insurance. Either way it would not have saved him.

Old 03-27-2020, 01:38 PM

8,349 posts, read 2,972,047 times
You cannot legally be denied emergency medical care in the U.S.
Please research prior to posting anymore incorrect info. Thanks. Even for those that have no insurance or money, you cannot be denied medical care. You will be billed for that medical care.

Old 03-27-2020, 01:43 PM

19,849 posts, read 12,119,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

As a Canadian, I just can't see how or why this is even possible. It is immoral, it is unethical, it is unthinking that someone who needs critical care is denied because... of insurance!!!!

The urgent care facility refused to see him, referring him instead to another hospital. Why are there still some Americans who are not absolutely outraged at this? Why are there so many who don't see healthcare as a HUMAN right, especially critical and urgent care?

I'm sure there are some here who are perfectly OK with the system that allows this. I will never understand you and your excuses.
Urgent care facilities are NOT hospitals. If he had gone directly to a hospital he would not have been turned away. Unfortunately, he waited until he was septic to seek care. Too bad as a Canadian you did not know this. Carry on.

Old 03-27-2020, 01:44 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,701,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Urgent care facilities are NOT hospitals. If he had gone directly to a hospital he would not have been turned away. Unfortunately, he waited until he was septic to seek care. Too bad as a Canadian you did not know this. Carry on.
Too bad that young man didn't know that - he won't be carrying on.

Old 03-27-2020, 01:45 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,175,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
You cannot legally be denied medical care in the U.S.
Please research prior to posting anymore incorrect info. Thanks. Even for those that have no insurance or money, you cannot be denied medical care. You will be billed for that medical care.
Correct.

And to pay those medical bills, you will be a debt slave for the rest of your life.

That’s how healthcare it works here in America: “all of your money or your life.” It’s a very profitable industry. Much of that money finds its way into political campaign contributions to make sure that it remains a very profitable industry.

Last edited by Freak80; 03-27-2020 at 02:00 PM..

Old 03-27-2020, 01:48 PM

19,849 posts, read 12,119,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Too bad that young man didn't know that - he won't be carrying on.
He waited until he was septic. Not everyone who seeks medical care survives. Odds greatly improve when you don't wait until you're in death's door. It is likely the urgent care facility was not fully equipped to give him the care that was needed. There are limited services available there.

Old 03-27-2020, 01:48 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,175,190 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Hey pal your country can do things their way and we will do things our way.

Stick with what you know best, global irrelevance and abysmal weather.
The post from mirage98de is a good example of Stockholm Syndrome. Someone from outside is trying to help, but instead, the victim sides with their captors.

Old 03-27-2020, 01:52 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,802,666 times
Quote:

At least he didn't die because he had to wait 2 months for care.....

It's none of your business, stop meddling with our country, go back to CA and stay......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies