Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2020, 11:53 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
While I commend and applaud Steve's $25 million pledge, the guy just dropped $400 million in cash, supposedly, to buy the Forum in Inglewood, CA from Madison Square Garden Company, so they couldn't block him from building a new $1 Billion arena across the street, that he is financing himself.

So $25 million for COVID-19 and $1.4 billion for arenas, sounds about right, where his priorities are!
You are correct, I'll contact Steve right away and tell him to take back his donation because ciseliga doesn't appreciate it. Both Steve and I want to know exactly how much you have donated and exactly what you have done for the cause???
As far as to where his priorities lie, it is his money that he earned, he is free to spend it anyway his like. YOu should give up all of your toys and give everything to the cause as you are suggesting Steve should do,,

Old 03-28-2020, 11:56 AM

952 posts, read 323,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I was actually thinking the same thing. It’s the ordinary guys like (My Pillow guy) Mike Lindell, and small manufacturers turning their distillery’s into had sanitizer factories that are stepping up.
Exactly someone like Bloomberg could buy half a dozen luxury cruise ships with capacity for a about 4000 a piece have all the rooms outfitted for dealing specifically with this illness, have them all lined up at the pier in New York and it would be an expenditure for him equal to one of us paying for a tank of gas for our car .

Old 03-28-2020, 11:58 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfailing presence View Post
Exactly someone like Bloomberg could buy half a dozen luxury cruise ships with capacity for a about 4000 a piece have all the rooms outfitted for dealing specifically with this illness, have them all lined up at the pier in New York and it would be an expenditure for him equal to one of us paying for a tank of gas for our car .
Shaking my head, where DO these people come from? It's true, ya can't fix stupid... Have a good life

Old 03-28-2020, 11:58 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,323,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
You are correct, I'll contact Steve right away and tell him to take back his donation because ciseliga doesn't appreciate it. Both Steve and I want to know exactly how much you have donated and exactly what you have done for the cause???
As far as to where his priorities lie, it is his money that he earned, he is free to spend it anyway his like. YOu should give up all of your toys and give everything to the cause as you are suggesting Steve should do,,
Yeah buddy, whatever you say, maybe Steve can donate $1 Billion!

Actually, I'm just a peon but helping out by making crucial Virus Transport Media (VTM) for my local VA so they can continue testing patients for the virus, which is probably more than you are doing?

Your name is spot-on by the way.

Old 03-28-2020, 12:04 PM

952 posts, read 323,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfailing presence View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Shaking my head, where DO these people come from? It's true, ya can't fix stupid... Have a good life
He is from New York . Didn't you watch the debates ?

Old 03-28-2020, 12:18 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What have you been doing?
What exactly do you mean?

Old 03-28-2020, 12:22 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
While I commend and applaud Steve's $25 million pledge, the guy just dropped $400 million in cash, supposedly, to buy the Forum in Inglewood, CA from Madison Square Garden Company, so they couldn't block him from building a new $1 Billion arena across the street, that he is financing himself.

So $25 million for COVID-19 and $1.4 billion for arenas, sounds about right, where his priorities are!
I didn’t see you donating $25 million or even $2500.

Old 03-28-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful for Life View Post
What exactly do you mean?
Why don’t you donate millions first before you criticizing others?

Old 03-28-2020, 12:27 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,323,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I didn’t see you donating $25 million or even $2500.
Actually, I'm just a peon but helping out by making crucial Virus Transport Media (VTM) for my local VA so they can continue testing patients for the virus, which is probably more than you are doing?

Old 03-28-2020, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Does that equal to $25 million?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies