Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2020, 09:58 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Before you know it a bunch of these released criminals will be slinging empty milk crates at synagogue walls. You just wait and see.
Huh? Your comment doesn’t even make sense. But they’ve already shown they don’t respect laws, so we are going to expect them to obey social distancing? Why do liberals side with criminals?

Old 03-28-2020, 10:00 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Still, these "non-violent" crimes could be shoplifting and the like, which clearly indicates that they have no regard for rules or laws. That means they are less likely to follow quarantine and social distancing rules. But what I do see, from deBlasio and your comment, is that you are more protective of criminals in prisons than law-abiding people, as you don't want to add to the deaths in prisons but are apparently willing to add to the deaths among the general NYC population by releasing these criminals.
Yes, those shoplifters represent a dire danger to society. Best to keep them locked up so they can take part in and help spread the virus throughout the prison population.

Tell me, do you support imprisoning anybody else who doesn't practice social distancing, or is it just shoplifters?

And of course, people who don't agree with you automatically are "more protective of criminals in prison than law-abiding people." Yep, that's exactly what it means.

There's no grey in your world, is there, Rachel?

Old 03-28-2020, 10:20 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yes, those shoplifters represent a dire danger to society. Best to keep them locked up so they can take part in and help spread the virus throughout the prison population.

Tell me, do you support imprisoning anybody else who doesn't practice social distancing, or is it just shoplifters?

And of course, people who don't agree with you automatically are "more protective of criminals in prison than law-abiding people." Yep, that's exactly what it means.

There's no grey in your world, is there, Rachel?
You make statements that twist what people who disagree with you say, don’t you Jams? I don’t say we imprison people who don’t practice social distancing. But these prisoners ARE already people who have disregarded laws, and thus they are a worse bet than law-abiding people when it comes to abiding by social distancing. But what I do see is that you are more concerned by increasing deaths in prisons than you are among honest people in the general public, as you are focused on not increasing deaths IN PRISON and would rather move that risk to the general population.

And yes, when you say you want to release criminals into NY because it will hold down deaths in prison, that is what you are revealing.

Old 03-28-2020, 10:26 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
You make statements that twist what people who disagree with you say, don’t you Jams?
You do this in every one of your posts. You did it again with this one:

Quote:
But what I do see is that you are more concerned by increasing deaths in prisons than you are among honest people in the general public, as you are focused on not increasing deaths IN PRISON and would rather move that risk to the general population. And yes, when you say you want to release criminals into NY because it will hold down deaths in prison, that is what you are revealing.
No where did I say anything remotely similar to what you are claiming. I said shoplifters pose no great risk to society on the outside, but will become part of the pandemic if they remain on the inside.

But you twist, twist, twist my words until you can make them say what you want them to say.

Old 03-28-2020, 10:26 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Huh? Your comment doesn’t even make sense. But they’ve already shown they don’t respect laws, so we are going to expect them to obey social distancing? Why do liberals side with criminals?
Progressives support criminals and Illegal Aliens (also criminals) because they don't like PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY. It is always society's or someone else's fault. The rich (whom are mostly liberal/progressives today), the "system", White people etc.

Old 03-28-2020, 10:27 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
And I’m sure no one on this forum has ever broken a law and if they did, they were a liberal, amirite folks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies