Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2020, 12:35 PM

1,768 posts, read 716,109 times

Advertisements

Pelosi puts politics first always. She is pretty discpicable.
Atleast Chuck Schumer acts like a grownup during the negotiations and helped push through bipartisan legislation.
All Pelosi did was delay things another day hoping to push through her 100% partisan legislation.

Go back and look at what all these people were saying during January and early Feb - most have a case of classic projection. Blame someone else for doing exactly what you were doing.

Old 03-29-2020, 12:38 PM

8,151 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

And what would you have done better, armchair quarterback? Keep in mind that this is a "novel" virus meaning it has never been seen before. Also, keep in mind that the Chinese hid the severity of it when it first appeared. With that in mind, give us in great detail just what you would have done.
Volume testing early. Google Korea. Their first case was on the same they as the US.

Old 03-29-2020, 12:40 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't even know what point you're trying to make. I'm not the one who is supposed to be in charge of this thing. I'm pointing out how Trump has been inept. If facts alarm you, the problem isn't with the facts.
Please stop playing dumb. You claim Trump is "inept" in his handling of this. You apparently know better than Trump. So let's hear what you would have done differently, armchair quarterback.

Old 03-29-2020, 12:43 PM

1,070 posts, read 392,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I would expect a response that would NOT include claiming that we had 15 cases and soon it will be "close to 0".

I would expect a response that did NOT include claiming that everyone is getting better while the virus cases are accelerating in an exponential fashion.

I would expect a response that would NOT include claiming that the concerns about the virus spreading was nothing but a "Hoax" intended to damage Trump politically.

I would expect a response where the state and federal leaders worked together instead of acting like jackasses on front of the whole nation.

I would expect a response where the president would by willing to allow the oversight committee to allow to moniter the distribution of the funds earmarked for big business.
Eddie, as Susan Collins would say you're being "aspirational"

Old 03-29-2020, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Volume testing early. Google Korea. Their first case was on the same they as the US.
And, where were all the test kits supposed to come from? Thin air? Besides, people could test negative one day and then positive a week later.

South Korea is much, much smaller in population than the US. Do you even understand how many test kits we're talking about for the US? And where are all the personnel supposed to come from to test over 300 million people?

Old 03-29-2020, 12:46 PM

8,151 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And, where were all the test kits supposed to come from? Thin air? Besides, people could test negative one day and then positive a week later.

South Korea is much, much smaller in population than the US. Do you even understand how many test kits we're talking about for the US? And where are all the personnel supposed to come from to test over 300 million people?
Excuses. Next.

Personnel? Do you understand what per capita means. Lol.

Old 03-29-2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Excuses. Next.

Excuses? Are you for real?

Just answer the questions --- Where are all those test kits supposed to come from? Thin air? You don't have an answer so you whine and say "excuses".

Old 03-29-2020, 12:53 PM

1,768 posts, read 716,109 times
Quote:
Excuses. Next.

South Korea is one of the biggest manufacturing hubs in the world(meanwhile from 1992-2016 we ramped up outsourcing of manufacturing) due to being in a constant readiness for war for the past 60 years has a lot of advantages to ramping up testing.

Fwiw I work in manufacturing for a living and know the difficulties in trying to ramp up production. There is always some cap in the ramp speed due to supply chains and skilled labor needed. South Korea happens to have a workforce per capita much better suited to handle it then ours.

Not only does South Korea have a very heavy tech industry (Samsung - which is much broader than Apple and produces most of their stuff domestically) they also have a very good supply of domestic raw materials. A lot of steel I buy in the U.S. is actually made in South Korea.

Old 03-29-2020, 12:53 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,861 times
I'm astounded that anyone thinks packing pork into a bill at a time like this is admirable!

I don't understand the thinking. Obviously those people are okay with "politics as usual." Unsustainable!

Old 03-29-2020, 12:56 PM

8,337 posts, read 2,965,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Pelosi and her crew are pizzed-off cuz Trump did more than the Democrats did and up front leading in this crisis... Wait!! Didn’t Pelosi and dang near all Democrats call Trump a racist for stopping flights from China and Iran?? Now it’s a fact by him doing this, he has effectively controlled the amount of infected foreigners coming into the country.

Now, every single developed and semi-developed country in the world are doing this.

Wait!! Didn’t the media spend precious days calling Trump a racist for call this virus a “Chinese virus” instead of reporting on the facts and not doing their best to scare Americans?

I don’t care wait half of America does anymore, cuz I sticking with Trump’s plan. Seriously, what it the Democrat’s plan??

I know and does half of America... Their plan is to do nothing and blame others while more and more Americans die.

Pelosi needs to get real cuz simply attempting to blame Trump for everything isn’t working. Btw, if Pelosi was sooooooo. freaking effective as a leader, why is California in a bigger mess than say, Texas?

Trump isn’t perfect, but at least he’s making hard decisions... Instead of talking and doing nothing... Far more than the Democrats and many career Republicans.

P.S., They know their “standard bearer,” Biden, is in serious trouble... Cuz, he’s going by their standard play book... Do nothing and blame others. Well, that’s not going to work this time.
Bingo. Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies