Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 06:35 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
He had no choice did he? He never had the choice. No one was going to listen to his gobbledygook as opposed to their governors. So poop for brains had to pretend it was his idea.
Well...obviously you listen to, and I quote you and you alone "his gobbledygook". After all, you keep track of every single thing he says so that you can have a reason to be outraged and spew venom.

Save your outrage and venom for the #COVIDIOTS. Buy a bullhorn and when you find a group of them, start screaming at them. After all, everybody claims they want to flatten the curve. Is that what you want, too?

Old 03-29-2020, 06:36 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
He said he was thinking about it, he didn’t say for certain. Why the hate?
Because opening everything up by Easter should have been seen as totally impossible by any reasonable person. He caused people to not prepare as well as they could have for what will be a difficult time in the future.

I've heard that statement of his described as giving hope. That's not giving hope. That's causing panic and confusion. Hope comes from confidence and clarity...not vague statements about major, life-altering issues.

He deserves hate for that. That's how he's always been, and so he deserves more hatred for that aspect of his personality, because it means that's not just a one-time mistake. It means he repeatedly hasn't taken his job seriously, even during a crisis...and that too is a routine aspect of his personality in other ways as well.

Old 03-29-2020, 06:42 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I wonder how this is going to be spun by the MSM to make Trump and Trump supporters looks stupid?

Old 03-29-2020, 06:44 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Trump created this Easter date to provide hope and allay fears that this shutdown will last a long time.

It lifted the spirits of millions and helped alleviate more fear in the financial markets. it was a genius move on his part.

Old 03-29-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
And exactly how is that different from the historic hope war will be won by Christmas?
I was thinking because we've had some short wars...and there are possible ways to win wars quickly...any war. You can win a war in a day.

I'd say this is more like saying..."We're going to win WW2 in a day"

but I get your point now. That matches up.

Old 03-29-2020, 06:51 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I was thinking because we've had some short wars...and there are possible ways to win wars quickly...any war. You can win a war in a day.

I'd say this is more like saying..."We're going to win WW2 in a day"

but I get your point now. That matches up.
Well I guess there is now

Old 03-29-2020, 06:54 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,418,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Trump created this Easter date to provide hope and allay fears that this shutdown will last a long time.

It lifted the spirits of millions and helped alleviate more fear in the financial markets. it was a genius move on his part.

He's excellent at sweeping it under the rug, to keep the light on himself.

Old 03-29-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post

It may last a long time. I don't know how we'd be through this unless it lasts a couple more months, minimum..so both April and May, unless we get extremely lucky. I'd like to see this last until the end of July. I hear July through August is usually the hottest time of the year. If this thing is seasonal, I'd like to see if the heat affects it. Maybe if, combined with social distancing and businesses being closed, we could completely kill it and not have to worry about it anymore. We'll probably also have to have short periods of economic shut downs in the future, once we have more testing up and running, to stomp out future outbreaks that pop up hear and there for the next two or three years until everybody gets a vaccine.

I don't know much about the economy...but if our economy might be shut down until the end of July, is it really best to give people the impression it'll open back up in a month? I was suspecting from the beginning that we might just be best off letting businesses that can't adapt die and focus on giving everybody a thousand dollars per month so they can survive even if they can't get a job...and then businesses would presumably adapt over time, becoming more online and such, so that future closures would be easier...but i don't know.

Do you have a reason to be confident Trump's system is best? because Trump himself was wondering if the summer might affect the virus. If it might and we don't try to extend this until at least early summertime...we could be missing out on freedom from this thing afterwards, and if we open the economy up before we've beaten this thing, it could very possibly spring back immediately as if we've accomplished nothing.

Old 03-29-2020, 07:03 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
It looks like it’s all over for Trump. He is getting hammered on every news station.
Oh no! That's certainly never happened before! The walls are closing in!

Old 03-29-2020, 07:07 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Best bet is to listen to Dr Fauci, not Trump.
Listening to one person is a terrible idea. One should listen to ALL persons who make decisions on this or influence those who do, consider their specific motives and goals, assess each source individually, and then do the same for lots of outside sources of news and analysis. THEN form an opinion.

Otherwise, they're just amplifying one source's message, and doing that is obvious and sad to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies