Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 07:17 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,563,867 times

Advertisements

I may not have the virus but Trump has given me whiplash. So much zigzagging in every possible direction. No threat/hoax/will go away soon/serious threat and danger/stay at home/back open by Easter/quarantine NY-NJ-CT/will not quarantine NY-NJ-CT/extends stay at home across the nation another 30 days. I will have to stop listening to him. Too many mixed messages just creates more confusion.

Old 03-29-2020, 07:18 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Not sure what this is about. Clearly he realized he could do what he intended. This is a serious matter.

Old 03-29-2020, 07:20 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Because opening everything up by Easter should have been seen as totally impossible by any reasonable person. He caused people to not prepare as well as they could have for what will be a difficult time in the future.

I've heard that statement of his described as giving hope. That's not giving hope. That's causing panic and confusion. Hope comes from confidence and clarity...not vague statements about major, life-altering issues.

He deserves hate for that. That's how he's always been, and so he deserves more hatred for that aspect of his personality, because it means that's not just a one-time mistake. It means he repeatedly hasn't taken his job seriously, even during a crisis...and that too is a routine aspect of his personality in other ways as well.
It didn’t cause me panic, why did it cause people panic until I actual see the order. I was in a wait and see attitude. Lots of mental unstable people I guess who are anti-Trump.

Old 03-29-2020, 07:24 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,727,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Trump created this Easter date to provide hope and allay fears that this shutdown will last a long time.

It lifted the spirits of millions and helped alleviate more fear in the financial markets. it was a genius move on his part.
Ok, so what happens now? Aren't people going to start expecting the worst as Trump's attempts to downplay things get proven wrong over and over again?

Old 03-29-2020, 07:26 PM

2,495 posts, read 867,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Same deal when he shared he was thinking about quarantining NY, NJ and a part of Ct.
"Some people would like to see New York quarantined because it’s a hotspot." Then added he was thinking about it.

You think he woke up one morning and just thought about quarantining the tri-state area?

Old 03-29-2020, 07:28 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
It may last a long time. I don't know how we'd be through this unless it lasts a couple more months, minimum..so both April and May, unless we get extremely lucky. I'd like to see this last until the end of July. I hear July through August is usually the hottest time of the year. If this thing is seasonal, I'd like to see if the heat affects it. Maybe if, combined with social distancing and businesses being closed, we could completely kill it and not have to worry about it anymore. We'll probably also have to have short periods of economic shut downs in the future, once we have more testing up and running, to stomp out future outbreaks that pop up hear and there for the next two or three years until everybody gets a vaccine.

I don't know much about the economy...but if our economy might be shut down until the end of July, is it really best to give people the impression it'll open back up in a month? I was suspecting from the beginning that we might just be best off letting businesses that can't adapt die and focus on giving everybody a thousand dollars per month so they can survive even if they can't get a job...and then businesses would presumably adapt over time, becoming more online and such, so that future closures would be easier...but i don't know.

Do you have a reason to be confident Trump's system is best? because Trump himself was wondering if the summer might affect the virus. If it might and we don't try to extend this until at least early summertime...we could be missing out on freedom from this thing afterwards, and if we open the economy up before we've beaten this thing, it could very possibly spring back immediately as if we've accomplished nothing.
It was 86 degrees F in central Fl. today !!! Miami Fl. will be much hotter in 30 days than NY !!!

We should know if the virus is being effected by the summer heat long before the northern states see summer !!! One indicator would be an increase in cases south of the equator from countries that are going into winter !!!

Old 03-29-2020, 07:33 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
It was 86 degrees F in central Fl. today !!! Miami Fl. will be much hotter in 30 days than NY !!!

We should know if the virus is being effected by the summer heat long before the northern states see summer !!! One indicator would be an increase in cases south of the equator from countries that are going into winter !!!
The heat is not helping in Manila, sort of a Florida like climate I should think. It is worldwide there is really no need to wait for an American voice in this situation.

Old 03-29-2020, 07:35 PM

13,692 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

Why don't you look at the news!!!!!!!

Old 03-29-2020, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Why don't you look at the news!!!!!!!
Why ? Are you making it ?

Old 03-29-2020, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
The heat is not helping in Manila, sort of a Florida like climate I should think. It is worldwide there is really no need to wait for an American voice in this situation.
Have you ever been to Manila ? Sardines in a can worse than NYC !!! Since you're from there you know that but you don't know if its helping or not !!!

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/manila-philippines

Last edited by phma; 03-29-2020 at 07:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies