Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2020, 08:57 AM

13,564 posts, read 4,871,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
What lie and be specific?
PBS reporter: "You have said repeatedly that some of the equipment that governors are requesting they might not actually need, you said that New York might not need 30,000 respirators...."

Trump: "I never said that"

That is a lie.

Trump on Hannity, March 26: "I have a feeling that a lot of the numbers that are being in said in some areas are just bigger than they’re going to be. I don’t believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators,”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2020, 09:36 AM

7,461 posts, read 7,088,441 times
Gosh....
I didn't see that memo...
Nobody told me that...
Who is that...
I've never heard that...
You're wrong...

Not me, not me, not me, not me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
PBS reporter: "You have said repeatedly that some of the equipment that governors are requesting they might not actually need, you said that New York might not need 30,000 respirators...."

Trump: "I never said that"

That is a lie.

Trump on Hannity, March 26: "I have a feeling that a lot of the numbers that are being in said in some areas are just bigger than they’re going to be. I don’t believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators,”

Old 04-09-2020, 09:38 AM

989 posts, read 453,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Gosh....
I didn't see that memo...
Nobody told me that...
Who is that...
I've never heard that...
You're wrong...

Not me, not me, not me, not me
A lot of children exhibit those behaviors to get out be caught doing something wrong. Generally, as their brains grow, they either become more clever at shifting blame or they become honest enough to admit. Our president has yet to do either.

Last edited by ToyVW55; 04-09-2020 at 10:34 AM..

Old 04-09-2020, 09:41 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,317,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRacer View Post
Trump should be able to take some of those questions in stride, just give a brief direct answer and move on. His frustration overrides that at times.

When someone mentioned the possibility of just over 1 to 2 million deaths in the US, I think it was Dr. Fauci who mentioned 100k-200k was more likely. Trump said if we can keep it to 100k or less we'll be doing pretty good.

CNN took only the part they wanted: "Trump says if number of deaths are 100,000 the country is doing good."

That's what he said alright, but that's very much out of context from the conversation. It's just typical for CNN.

How is that out of context? Because Fauci said it could be twice as high?

I don't follow.

Old 04-09-2020, 09:47 AM

20,419 posts, read 12,338,684 times
good

Old 04-09-2020, 04:48 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,265,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
If Trump wouldn’t act like a scolded child then they wouldn’t ask him these questions but they do and he goes off the rails like always. Then of course the spoiled man child acts out and he shows his true colors.
And when he responds to these admittedly pointed and partisan questions from reporters, his petulant, childish responses and obstructive rhetoric are seen by his supporters not for what they are, a cornered person with no legitimate, intelligent rebuttal, but as a vindicated man "owning the libs". That is the real Trump Derangement Syndrome: the inability to see anything he does as anything but a triumphant accomplishment.

Old 04-09-2020, 07:03 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,711,133 times
I ran across what seems to be the perfect standard to tell the difference between a good question and a garbage question: If you are asking a question of a witness (or the President in this case) that could be asked just as effectively in the absence of that person, it is not a useful question to be asking.

Shorter version: If Trump doesn't even need to be present for you to ask the question, your question sucks. Leading, agenda driven questions aren't useful in press conferences anymore than they are in court.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_VomYKQzm4

Old 04-09-2020, 07:13 PM

21,422 posts, read 10,507,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I ran across what seems to be the perfect standard to tell the difference between a good question and a garbage question: If you are asking a question of a witness (or the President in this case) that could be asked just as effectively in the absence of that person, it is not a useful question to be asking.

Shorter version: If Trump doesn't even need to be present for you to ask the question, your question sucks. Leading, agenda driven questions aren't useful in press conferences anymore than they are in court.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_VomYKQzm4
I love Viva Frei. He’s not a conservative for all the people who won’t click on the link thinking he is. He’s a Canadian lawyer that likes to look at interesting questions of law and techniques of lawyers and break it down in layman’s terms. He has talked about testimony in famous depositions and court hearings, or explains government documents that are released, or any number of topics of the day.

Old 04-10-2020, 08:31 AM

13,564 posts, read 4,871,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

]
They do it all the time in court, to get the witness on record as agreeing to certain facts. But a press conference is not a trial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies