Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2008, 05:15 PM

125 posts, read 208,925 times

Advertisements

(Note: This article has been bowdlerized so that all may enjoy and not be offended.)

G. D. AMERICA

~ONE~

I'm not afraid to say it. Well, maybe a little, considering the police state in which we now live. OK, here goes nothing...

GOSH DARN AMERICA!!!

I don't mean this in the same way which Rev. Jeremiah Wright (Barack Obama's pastor/ spiritual guide) meant it; Wright is not only wrong, but diametrically so: GOSH DARN any nation of men dumb enough to continue to believe in the hope of democracy.

There is no hope in democracy!

Democracy asks the lemmings to lead and the leaders to abdicate.

Democracy airs with great amplification and great breadth its mass hysteria. O the hue and cry! which ensues as lemmings lead us down the primrose path.

Democracy is the collective wringing of hands.

Democracy is mayhem, chaos, and divisiveness. Hyper-awareness of the Joneses -- greed, jealousy, and envy -- make the democratic world go 'round.

In a democracy of diminishing social constructs, a man is INDEED an island (to Donne's chagrin). Even your closest ally will sell you down the river to make an extra buck. To that end, democracy instills and perpetuates a climate of separatism and alienation.

Democracy purports to spread enlightenment and exalt humanity by representing all voices. Yet you can hear the strident, shrill voices suffocating the nation in in anguish and despair: Why can't I gain power?! Why can't I keep power?! I'm not being heard! They're getting preferential treatment! It isn't fair!! -- HELLp!

The democratic process is an incessant cacophony of distracting and headache-inducing rhetoric -- in stereo: from this side by the powerful who propagate confusion, from that side by the ignorant chatterboxes who find it necessary to spew their baseless opinions and unsophisticated "ideas" for inanities such as "change" and "progress." Both sides are self-interested, self-preserving, and self-serving, yet both hide behind a cause: noblesse oblige and "social consciousness." One is in effect a tyrant; the other is a would-be tyrant. There can never be perfect harmony.

Democracy is the systemic embodiment of the most ridiculous notion of all-time: that we humans are equal. In very basic biological and spiritual senses we are equal to a certain point. Beyond that point, it's a lie. A lie which has been perpetrated by the ruling classes on the hoi polloi -- that basic equality smoothes over disparities in merit, productivity, natural talent, and of course quality of life. It is from this which springs the insane and antithetical-to-survival bleeding heart liberalism and insatiable, ignorant, indolent entitlement. Ass-onance! Only democracy could give us The Great Society, welfare queens, creature comforts for every household, socialized medicine, etc.

Democracy is a fool's paradise.

Democracy is the peanut gallery way up in the cheap seats hollering to the head umpire on the field: He missed the tag! He missed the tag! Democracy is that which emanates from the average units in society -- including the liberally-designated "downtrodden" but mostly encompassing the working and middle-classes -- and spills over into, hinders, and generally confounds the natural course of things because it stultifies its best-endowed leaders. The end result is the thwarting of otherwise real progress lead by supermen: the innovative-industrious, the erudite, the creators of our time -- the saviors of our species' future.

A democratic state built to these specifications: the premise of equality of all, the establishment of equality for all -- is impossible to attain. And if it were possible, life as we know it would have ceased to exist. Mankind as we know it would entropy. There would be no will for which to live: no compelling urges and drives, no edification of the human ego, and therefore life would be devoid of purpose.

It would be man versus nature, again. And we all know who prevails in the epic struggle of Man (read: individual man) v. Nature! (I'm taking Nature and laying the 1000 points.) Man would find himself having come full circle. Regressed back to Neanderthal times in that regard, only worse: his modern-day intelligence would be saying to him:

This existence is futile.

This human intelligence -- born of a rational conscious and enlightened spirit -- we have employed for clever innovations and scientific, industrial, and technological prowess.

But intelligence has done little but bring home inexorably grim realizations: we still can't fully understand this world; we still can't perfect this world; we still cannot achieve immortality. Our human lives, though enhanced and extended, are ultimately as mortal as ever, despite all our advances. Despite all our science. Given the perspective of infinite time, what's the difference between a human lifespan of 25 years? 50 years? 100 years? A ripe Methusalan existence? Relative to infinite time, of course, the gain is negligible.

This existence is futile.

Human intellectual development and progress have propagated a false sense of hope for the masses of our species;

And have engendered in humans an entitlement mentality which caused The Great Leveling -- the genesis of our stagnation and now our slide into oblivion;

And have perpetrated a ridiculous notion that the awesome Life Force can be known and understood, perfected, and overcome.

One day you wake up and ripened experience and wisdom speak to you:

You can't help the collective -- it's helpless, hopeless, worthless, impotent, and dying. You can only help yourself.
But I can't help myself by myself. I've read my Emerson, London, and Walden but my forebears didn't bestow upon me the ken to kill a snake, build a fire. Man can't live on PDAs alone.

And aren't I dying anyhow? Am I not part of collective man? What distinguishes me in the present tense, as past is dead? It's a fait accompli.

Ok, I want to jettison out of this skin and be done with this fated and ignoble existence!

Ah, but I can't because I matter. "Life is Good." I've read the ubiquitous bumper stickers. I'm all alone in this decision. ARGGGGH!

*~*~*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 05:35 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times
Why do you think the word democracy was never placed in the Constitution?

Old 04-24-2008, 05:42 PM

Yes! Yet the mob and media invoke the Founding Fathers at every turn. The true essence of their political philosophy has been annihilated. They should now be re-coined the Foundering Fathers.

The elites have been all about the Founding Fathers since day one: for they were one and the same.

Me? I'm a Foundling Son. My Father's dead.

Last edited by san phlegmatico; 04-24-2008 at 06:39 PM..

Old 04-24-2008, 09:44 PM

1,573 posts, read 4,062,405 times
Democracy is only bad when it is coupled with anti-intellectualism and folkish wisdom, rather than a respect for knowledge. Everybody should have a voice for their needs and wants. Not everybody should do brain surgery.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:14 PM

220 posts, read 381,579 times
Lol.

Among other things, Hitler was elected to power by promising the German people that he would, "End Democracy once and for all!"

Old 04-24-2008, 11:04 PM

600 posts, read 1,083,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnulus View Post
Democracy is only bad when it is coupled with anti-intellectualism and folkish wisdom, rather than a respect for knowledge. Everybody should have a voice for their needs and wants. Not everybody should do brain surgery.
I completely agree!

Old 04-28-2008, 01:54 AM

Default G. D. America Part Two

(Note: This article has been bowdlerized so that all may enjoy and not be offended.)

G. D. AMERICA

~TWO~

Democracy defies the natural order of things. It defies human nature.

It presupposes that the lower and middle rungs, if lent a hand up into the upper rungs, would assume an equitable posture, thank their benefactors, and not attempt to wrestle power from the oligarchs and turn the worm back on them. That they would not become drunk with power and enact a regime which preserved a systemic inequality. Absurd!

Here's how it unfolds: The higher rungs dummy themselves down into the fray of the great unwashed -- a gesture of charity and altruism -- in an earnest attempt at placating and pacifying the masses who clamor for equality. The low men on the totem pole gladly accept the helping hands from above, catapult themselves into the higher echelons, and lacerate the faces of their benefactors with hobnailed boots in the leap. The altruists bleed to death or fall into subjugation. The new tyrants hold their boot heels at the necks of the old and whistle a happy tune. Democracy? What's that? They develop political amnesia.

The new tyrants take the hard-earned wisdom and cultural artifacts of their predecessors dispose of them. They wield ignorance as a tool of preservation of the new order. They assert their will as they see fit. Their new regime is hard-wired with rigid systemic strata. No leveling has been achieved. Fruit basket turnover: the new regime is the old regime -- the same "honest folks" who once clamored for an equitable seat at the table. Only now they own the table and the former heads and invited guests are scrounging for scraps under the table. Or they're the butlers and maids.

What you have done and where you have trodden is no longer of relevance or consequence. You no longer matter.

You don't say.

Toes shan't be stepped on; you shall make no personal gains outdistancing your neighbor -- for that would be selfish and MEAN. Heed these commandments.

I'm in power. Hence, I make the rules, or the "commandments."

Your life, which was once significant, once purpose-driven, vibrant, impactful -- perhaps providential -- is heretofore meaningless. For you are now dead.

I'm what? Dead?! I guess if I'm dead I can't make rules.

You have died so that any ole Low Man on the Totem Pole shall live. You have died so that the half-dead amongst you all shall remain half-dead.

And as you watch the goings-on from your heavenly post-life perch, don't get too comfortable, for you shall soon die again.

Die... twice?! That's not in the Bible.

As you watch from on high the hopelessly blind men of the world stumbling around in the dark fumbling for the light switch, letting night fall over civilization -- which your ilk worked long and hard to create...

I don't wanna watch. This is torture.

It gets worse. You will gasp from on high and bemoan the dumbassness of the world: how they brazenly and with greater hubris than even you once exhibited, construct insipid devices, and employ absurd measures which will destroy civilization and eventually mankind itself.

Dumb makes me numb. I need a little pinprick.

And they shall cry out for leadership and they shall clasp their hands to their head. And for you, there'll be no cathartic cry. And no woman.

Meanwhile, you shall die a second death as it dawns on you: you gave it all up willingly, by subscribing to the loony propaganda, by allowing the deafening NOiZE and the drowning din to rattle your human bones like a visiting team free throw shooter knock-kneed at Cameron Indoor Stadium of Duke University.

You will have brought this miserable plight upon yourself and your species because you caved in to the wants and desires of the ignorant. Because you bought the lies. Because you bought that bit about equality and how those on the long end should give it all over to those on the short end.

Altruists and the charitable: they make good martyrs; they don't fare so well as survivors.

Where's the justice?! Wait, if I can answer my own question, will that buy me a lesser penance? There never was any justice; might made right.

No. All the while, you were one of the smart ones, one of the discerning ones -- chosen. Chosen to lead. Yet you relinquished your mantle. You laid down your sword. The consequences are eternal.

A mob coup. Victory by nonviolent means. THEY NEVER EVEN FIRED A SHOT! Those pacifists.

YOU will have been stupider than even THEY -- ah, the ultimate irony!

And that ultimate stupidity shall torment you in a virtual hell in your immanent mind, while the rest of you lay eternally upon a placid, heavenly cloud. It shall be everlasting heaven and hell without the possibilities of a purgatory. A Divine Tragedy -- Dantian installment #4, if you will.

An eternity of the damned damning their foolish concession.

But it's a Downey Soft fluffy cloud: such is the consolation prize to these tragic (But they were oh so sympathetic!) losers-which-used-to-be-winners.

*~*~*

Last edited by san phlegmatico; 04-28-2008 at 03:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies