Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 01:45 PM

15,759 posts, read 6,466,165 times

Advertisements

I have to suspect that the numbers they give us are subject to change. We probably shouldn't rely on them too much. A certain flexibility is needed in response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2020, 02:09 PM

62,770 posts, read 28,978,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
This morning I was thinking that if you didn't have access to the news and other media, and could only listen to the Prez and thought what he was saying is accurate and factual, what would you be doing?

You would "know" that the disease is a hoax, that it is a rumor being foisted by the democrats, that only 15 people will be infected in the USA, and that it is great to get out, mingle, hug, gather, eat out, and even if you get sick, the cure is only a few days away.

So, is there anything else you need to know about how untruthful the dotard is? If you value your life and the lives of those around you, DO NOT listen to the medical genius in the WH. He doesn't have a clue, and reinforces that he is a moron every day.

Follow the CDC and Dr. Fauci. He seems to be fairly honest in his comments and info.
None of this is true. Seek help for your TDS.

Old 03-30-2020, 02:41 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,441,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
This morning I was thinking that if you didn't have access to the news and other media, and could only listen to the Prez and thought what he was saying is accurate and factual, what would you be doing?

You would "know" that the disease is a hoax, that it is a rumor being foisted by the democrats, that only 15 people will be infected in the USA, and that it is great to get out, mingle, hug, gather, eat out, and even if you get sick, the cure is only a few days away.

So, is there anything else you need to know about how untruthful the dotard is? If you value your life and the lives of those around you, DO NOT listen to the medical genius in the WH. He doesn't have a clue, and reinforces that he is a moron every day.

Follow the CDC and Dr. Fauci. He seems to be fairly honest in his comments and info.
Dr. Fauci has said that Trump is doing a good job

Old 03-30-2020, 07:04 PM

17,709 posts, read 13,580,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Other than him being his usual confrontational, self congratulatory, obnoxious self I would tend to agree he is doing ok. A bit concerned about this thing about favoring states and punishing states.

But the horse was out of the barn and out of sight when he shut the barn door... and it took him 3 weeks to realize it.

Old 03-30-2020, 07:26 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,923,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Fauci has to say that. Or T would fire him.

Fauci also said the virus makes the timeline. The little guy knows what he is talking about.

Old 03-30-2020, 07:36 PM

52,636 posts, read 47,848,270 times
States who aren't suffering as much or who have very few cases can be eased back into returning to work. We can still heed the CDC's call for social distancing even when some locations can go back to work, and then phase in other cities and states when things improve. In the meantime, the President is just exercising caution instead of saying 'things are better' when we still have a little bit to go.

Old 03-31-2020, 12:11 PM

46,918 posts, read 25,885,702 times
I'm impressed he can operate with a date that far in the future. Normally, his event horizon is at roughly two weeks.

Old 03-31-2020, 12:13 PM

45,148 posts, read 26,345,611 times
There sure alot of people collecting welfare or living off the taxpayer teat on these threads

Old 03-31-2020, 01:59 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,428,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
The states are setting their own dates so it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Agreed. I am definitely wearing a mask whenever I have to go out. There was article in the NYTimes today saying that wearing face masks does help to prevent infection.
If you make a cloth one you can wash it ... bleach it, and indeed you should.

Face masks can be collectors of all types of pathogens. People who re-use a face mask (or keep one on for long periods of time) are at risk of contaminating themselves with things they have accumulated throughout the hours.

Old 03-31-2020, 02:01 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,317,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
I hate it too. I miss going out.
Not me.

I'm going to be depressed as hell when social distancing is over.

The humans will be out. Ugh.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies