Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 07:34 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
We all knew that Trump would get more outrageous after his impeachment "acquittal". Wait until you see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C--IGFCID8
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Well, you must understand: dishonest people believe that all other people are dishonest. People judge other people by their own standards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Impeached white collar criminal (Trump) perfect example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Very true.

Cuomo said supplies were being redirected/stolen...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/06/peop...uomo-says.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
We all knew that Trump would get more outrageous after his impeachment "acquittal". Wait until you see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C--IGFCID8
Cuomo already said the same thing Trump did. He's just playing politics.

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Stuff is stolen in the healthcare setting all the time. Patients personal belongings particularly often vanish. Since patients move from place to place, its impossible to know where things went missing, and the criminal minds there know that.

The vast majority of healthcare workers are A+, but some tiny % are thieves. It's anecdotel, but my family and friends have had personal belongings go missing more than once. Cash, watches and jewelry were missing in our cases.

Its a shame that it taints the 99%+ of wonderful caring healthcare providers. Each time, EMS transport was involved, so I've always felt that was where the theft was occurring, but how could anyone possibly prove it from afar? Mostly speculation on my part, but every time stuff went missing, ambulance transportation was involved.

Old 03-30-2020, 07:38 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Again, a never Trumper here and the first criticize his unfounded accusations and character assassinations over the past three years, but I didn't get from his comment yesterday that he meant the doctors/nurses were stealing PPE. I think he meant the hospitals needed to investigate how their supplies are being handled. I still think the theft occurs somewhere between procurement and inventory. Low-level people are doing this on a fairly large scale.

Again, where are these coming from:

https://www.getsafemask.com/checkout...tle%7D&lang=en

?????

Old 03-30-2020, 07:40 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Masks are a hot commodity. I bet hospital staff are taking them home for personal use and or private sell.

Old 03-30-2020, 07:47 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,693,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Masks are a hot commodity. I bet hospital staff are taking them home for personal use and or private sell.

Wouldn't surprise me if some doctors/nurses take a small amount home with them because they feel like they deserve it (i agree-they know they need some for when/if they run out). But I think a lot of the time the people who steal this are the delivery drivers or warehouse workers that proceess these kinds of orders.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:12 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
But I think a lot of the time the people who steal this are the delivery drivers or warehouse workers that proceess these kinds of orders.
This is where problem lies. On a fairly large scale it would appear. Nobody is watching - or everyone is greasing everyone else's palm. Until one their family members gets sick. Too bad they don't think about that.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:34 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
A neighbor just paid $40 for one mask.

Why do you think AG Barr had to make a special announcement that people trafficking in medical supplies would be prosecuted?

Old 03-30-2020, 08:40 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
New Yorkers realize who will screw them the worst .....fellow New Yorkers...

Old 03-30-2020, 10:02 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,667,531 times
Even in good times, a few supplies get taken away for personal use with no one noticing or complaining. But in this pandemic there is the mentality of everyone for himself. The physicians and nurses might take an extra mask or two for themselves for future use, and for their family. So would the janitor, front desk and all other support people, All this adds to a significant amount.

And then you add the extra PPE usage for the pandemic, there is a clear shortage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies