Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2020, 04:08 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Why do you keep repeating this tired nonsense?

He was talking about his belief that 15 specific people known to be sick at that time were going to get better.
Nope. That's not what he was saying.

He was, in his usual way, broadcasting an insinuation - that's it's nothing to worry about and, in general, a hoax.

For the POTUS to issue something like "don't worry, those 15 people will be fine and don't pay attention to the MILLIONS that are going to get it and 10's of thousands who will die" is very far out. It takes a reach greater than is possible.

In the same "speech" he said:

"you know, we’re at that very low level, and we want to keep it that way.

So we’re at the low level. As they get better, we take them off the list, so that we’re going to be pretty soon at only five people. And we could be at just one or two people over the next short period of time. So we’ve had very good luck."

"We’re rated number one. We’re rated number one for being prepared."

"We’re rapidly developing a vaccine, and they can speak to you — the professionals can speak to you about that. The vaccine is coming along well"

Remember grade school when we were taught to take things "in context". Well, the context was clearly stated.....

1. All is good with those who have it.
2. Soon all will be better as we expect only a handful of additional cases
3. No matter what happens we are 100% prepared to deal with this.

In the same "speech" he told us that he just learned, imagine that, that people died from the Flu! His Grandfather died from the Flu yet Trump only found out the Flu kills people when he could use it as a baseline to show us how weak this thing was.

Next thing you will tell us is that he didn't say it would go away "like magic" in April or that the Country would be open in Easter or that we'd have millions of tests 2 weeks back or that anyone could be tested or that all these major corporate players were opening drive-throughs.

Old 04-05-2020, 04:13 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Does it matter?

I mean really, the left would say the right "flip flopped" but the left "evolved" on the same damn subject.
Ah.........yes. I would say it does matter when the president of the US has no clue about what is going on, especially during a crisis!

Old 04-05-2020, 04:34 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,946,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
White House is definitely playing political favorites with stockpiled supplies.

Florida -- received 180,000 N95 masks; has 12,100 cases
New Jersey -- received 85,000 masks; has 37,500 cases
New York City -- received 78,000 masks; has 122,000 cases

There's a word for this. Evil.
To be fair, you would have to know how many masks each state already had in their own stockpiles. Do you know those numbers?

Old 04-05-2020, 04:36 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
9/11, Pearl Harbor, and COVID-19 are all comparable in that we were not prepared for them and because of that many thousands of lives were needlessly lost. We had intel on each of these events that was ignored.
What exactly could have we done to prevent Pearl Harbor? What exactly could we don't to prevent the terrorist attacks on 9/11? Often intel talks about a threat not when it can happen. Trump was briefed in December 2016 when he was president elect of a possibility of a pandemic, in December (2019) Covid-19 happened and he got briefed again that it could easily come to America. To my knowledge 9/11 and Pearl Harbor only had intelligence of an impending attack, not a when.

Old 04-05-2020, 04:38 PM

15,817 posts, read 6,523,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
To be fair, you would have to know how many masks each state already had in their own stockpiles. Do you know those numbers?
New Jersey and New York City requested more than the amount they received. Florida got everything they asked for. To me it looks like DeSantis is just the better arse kisser.

In the end though, there won't be nearly enough. Recycling the masks seems like the only answer, and, fortunately, that's up to the individual states.

Last edited by rjshae; 04-05-2020 at 04:49 PM..

Old 04-05-2020, 04:47 PM

25,685 posts, read 12,765,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
There is still a vast shortage of testing and it is taking from 5-14 days to get test results back.

You cannot take any conclusions from that data. Positive rates are still well over 10%.

Taking a couple days is, IMHO, completely useless....not only due to burps in the system, but also the intentional and typical Florida cover-ups. The playbook from day one was for Florida to take orders from Trump - and that meant keeping the case count low for political reasons.

As you know the CDC site is usually way behind - the Florida site is often as bad or worse. For a long while they were not even updating it from Fri. afternoon until Monday at 11am.

I'm with you in that I've love to see some flattening. There is finally some social distancing and laws in Florida to slow the curve....but as to when that shows up is just a guess.

We still are not being allowed to see the data from Assisted Living Facilities....some of which I suspect are widely infected. I say this because I was in some of them at the start of March and they were clueless.

I do believe - there the sun and humidity is a slightly mitigating factor...but that is, as all the experts say, just a guess. In Florida it might be upset by the older population, etc.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I could literally spend all day long correcting your posts. It doesn't take 5-14 days to get test results back. Many people would be dead by then. The Abbott test takes 15 minutes. There are ~464 drive-through testing sites that take most people 1-2 days to get results back...only in some cases could it take 1 week.

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/drive-th...sting-near-me/

I'm begging you to please stop posting wrong information about Covid-19. It's dangerous.

Old 04-05-2020, 04:49 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,433,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
White House is definitely playing political favorites with stockpiled supplies.

Florida -- received 180,000 N95 masks; has 12,100 cases
New Jersey -- received 85,000 masks; has 37,500 cases
New York City -- received 78,000 masks; has 122,000 cases

There's a word for this. Evil.
Do you have a link for this information?

Old 04-05-2020, 04:52 PM

25,685 posts, read 12,765,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Thx but I ran into a paywall. I dont do those social media things. Thx for trying to help me though. I was able to use 2 others posters replied with. The one with the Black background I had seen before, but didnt notice the trends chart in the bottom corner. The other one that the Arizona-Oklahoma poster sent was the best I've seen. It might be the one you are trying to help me with. It had a White background.

Old 04-05-2020, 04:53 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,941,704 times
Just saw that people are setting up fake drive-thru testing sites. Got people wearing full gear and everything. LOL Some people really have no shame.

Old 04-05-2020, 04:59 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Thx but I ran into a paywall. I dont do those social media things. Thx for trying to help me though. I was able to use 2 others posters replied with. The one with the Black background I had seen before, but didnt notice the trends chart in the bottom corner. The other one that the Arizona-Oklahoma poster sent was the best I've seen. It might be the one you are trying to help me with. It had a White background.
Weird, they waived the paywall for all covid19 info.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.