Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2020, 06:38 AM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If shelter in place is working then why doesn't Trump issue a national order since several states have not done so.
Trump cannot do that. I will take the experts word at Reason and NPR. Just because Nancy Pelosi says so does not make it true. He has requested people stay at home. That is all he can legally do. Its funny all the people who screamed Trump was doing unconstitutional things now want him to do something unconstitutional. You can't make this up.

https://reason.com/2020/04/03/no-tru...at-home-order/

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/02/82529...ne-experts-say

Old 04-06-2020, 06:40 AM

12,385 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
They would call him a leader.

Would that be Dear Leader or Great Leader?

Old 04-06-2020, 06:41 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Have you actually looked at the numbers in Florida the past few days? I agree Florida could have done a better job but no means does that guarantee they are weeks away from a peak. The warmer climate and temps close to 90 degrees could be the reason the numbers are falling. This Sunday was lower than the previous Sunday which a very encouraging.
I see 12,350 cases, 805 new as of yesterday, 1255 the day before, one data point is not significant.
Every health expert indicates this will be the worst week and it will peak in May, no proof that warm weather effects the virus

Old 04-06-2020, 06:43 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Not at all Trump loves the attention.

Old 04-06-2020, 06:46 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,500,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
If he did that, the leftists would be calling him a Hitler dictator. He is deferring to states’ rights.
Quote:
They would call him a leader.
Oh please.....no matter what Trump does, the leftists would condemn him. Haven’t the last three years demonstrated that?

Old 04-06-2020, 06:47 AM

25,724 posts, read 12,793,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
2016-2019: Wahhhhhhhhh!!! Trump is Hitler! He's a dictator!!

2020: Wahhhhhhhh!!! Trump isn't being Hitler enough - he needs to be more of a dictator!!

If we weren't winning, they wouldn't be whining....their whining is a good thing! It's proof that we are winning.

Libs complain no matter what Trump does...ignore it. It helps them feel better...while losing. It's the way they release their feelings of inadequacy, that burn inside of them. They want to infect us with their negativity. Just see if for what it is, and carry on.

Old 04-06-2020, 06:54 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times
Quote:
Trump cannot do that. I will take the experts word at Reason and NPR. Just because Nancy Pelosi says so does not make it true. He has requested people stay at home. That is all he can legally do. Its funny all the people who screamed Trump was doing unconstitutional things now want him to do something unconstitutional. You can't make this up.

https://reason.com/2020/04/03/no-tru...at-home-order/

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/02/82529...ne-experts-say
The next time he gets on one of those governors conference calls, he can strongly recommend that all states issue a stay home order. Or have Dr Faici recommend it and say he supports Fauci in this. That would give the governors in red states the cover to do so without repercussions from the President.

There are ways around these things. IMO public health demands it.

Old 04-06-2020, 06:54 AM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
I see 12,350 cases, 805 new as of yesterday, 1255 the day before, one data point is not significant.
Every health expert indicates this will be the worst week and it will peak in May, no proof that warm weather effects the virus
https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/
Here we go again:
4/2 1454
4/3 1259
4/4 1277
4/5 811

Well something is affecting the numbers. A almost 50% drop in less than 4 days. And if you look at world cases of countries south of the equator and the cases per million are much lower than in the north. No its not proven yet that hot weather affects the virus there is plenty of evidence that it might. And the majority of Florida cases are surrounding Miami, the warmest place in the country this time of year. Its pushing close 90 in parts of Florida now with lots of sunshine, something else that seems to help.

A four day trend not one day drop. There were over 900 cases a week ago Sunday. I am sure it will bounce up in down in coming days but if it stays below 1454 then we peaked on 4/2. If its just a sudden lack of testing then the numbers will go back up. I choose to see the cup half full until proven otherwise. Do you have any evidence that Florida is suddenly testing only half the people they were a few days ago?

Old 04-06-2020, 06:55 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Have you actually looked at the numbers in Florida the past few days? I agree Florida could have done a better job but no means does that guarantee they are weeks away from a peak. The warmer climate and temps close to 90 degrees could be the reason the numbers are falling. This Sunday was lower than the previous Sunday which a very encouraging.
NOOOOOOOOO..........

There is no encouragements. Repeat, please, the people in government don't work the same hours on the weekend and the "number" out of Florida is days behind.

I'm hopeful like you are (I sorta live here), but I am not going to be foolish and think that lack of testing and lack of reporting means much.

When the positive rate goes under 7% let's talk. Right now it is HIGHER than it has been. That is, it was 9.3% for the longest time and now it is 10.4%. That is a vast difference.

If I am wrong - please explain to me why more testing (and a flattening curve) would mean more positives?

I'm willing to look at evidence...if I am missing something. Not a chart from Florida or anywhere else...but a reasoning of why higher positives could equal a lower amount of cases????

Explain??

Note - just looked. Testing positive percentage is UP to 10.6%. The the rightmost bar on the chart is always low as they haven't filled in the data there yet. Other than that bar, we see 1.3K a day and one 1.2 a day for 72 hours. Those are rounding errors. Testing is constrained.

Old 04-06-2020, 07:04 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/
Here we go again:
4/2 1454
4/3 1259
4/4 1277
4/5 811

Well something is affecting the numbers. A almost 50% drop in less than 4 days. And if you look at world cases of countries south of the equator and the cases per million are much lower than in the north. No its not proven yet that hot weather affects the virus there is plenty of evidence that it might. And the majority of Florida cases are surrounding Miami, the warmest place in the country this time of year. Its pushing close 90 in parts of Florida now with lots of sunshine, something else that seems to help.

A four day trend not one day drop. There were over 900 cases a week ago Sunday. I am sure it will bounce up in down in coming days but if it stays below 1454 then we peaked on 4/2. If its just a sudden lack of testing then the numbers will go back up. I choose to see the cup half full until proven otherwise. Do you have any evidence that Florida is suddenly testing only half the people they were a few days ago?
One data point from Palm Sunday isn't significant nor is the other slight decline over a few days, it needs to be long term over weeks. Many people did the same with Italy weeks ago claiming they had peaked.
Just need to add some realism, the Florida health care system is going to be overwhelmed in the coming weeks based on predictions. Their lack of action will cost lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies