Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 09:10 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
The one's that do vote Trump will be much smaller than in 16. Only the zealots.
It's funny that with the TDS of the left they don't see themselves as zealots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2020, 09:16 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
There was a study out a few weeks ago that determined that Sanders would have to increase under-30 turnout by 130% compared to Obama in 2008 (taking into account population growth) just to offset the suburban voter losses that would occur if Sanders was the nominee over Biden. As we have seen, there is no indication that Bernie is capable of turning out those types of numbers. The under-30 crowd had the chance to carry Bernie to victory over Biden but failed to show up. There is no reason to suspect Bernie was going to get that group to turn out in November either.

If Bernie supporters cared about his agenda rather than simply taking part of a cult of personality, they would do everything they could to get Biden in office and retake the Senate because otherwise McConnell and/or Trump will block every proposal he makes.
Sanders supporters haven't figured that out. Just like the Sanders delegates to the last Democratic convention. They didn't even have floor leaders. If Sanders did nothing, that informed me he was not a serious candidate. All that moaning about unfair treatment was just BS.

I'd like to know how much money his campaign staff will pocket when this is over. Does he put some of his family on the payroll of some consultant like Tump does?

Old 03-31-2020, 09:22 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Sanders supporters haven't figured that out. Just like the Sanders delegates to the last Democratic convention. They didn't even have floor leaders. If Sanders did nothing, that informed me he was not a serious candidate. All that moaning about unfair treatment was just BS.

I'd like to know how much money his campaign staff will pocket when this is over. Does he put some of his family on the payroll of some consultant like Tump does?
..Or will he simply create a foundation that never helps anyone like the Clintons did.
BTW, I can't seem to find the salaries of those various family members that are "on the payroll". Can you help us out by publishing their salaries?....

Old 03-31-2020, 09:45 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
What if Bernie and Biden don't make it through this virus thing? Who will become the nominee then?
At this point in time, anything is possible.

Old 03-31-2020, 10:17 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,308,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
What if Bernie and Biden don't make it through this virus thing? Who will become the nominee then?
At this point in time, anything is possible.
Trump and Pence have higher probability of catching the virus right now, as neither is practicing social distancing.

Yesterday they had an outdoor WH Corona presser, but Trump's hair kept blowing in the wind. It bothered him greatly and he made several comments about it. Wondering if today's WH Corona presser will be held indoors again, so Prima-Donny's hair doesn't get wind blown. Either that, or there will be some kind of tent setup to avoid wind at the podium.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/30/donal...test-briefing/

Last edited by Variable; 03-31-2020 at 10:25 AM..

Old 03-31-2020, 11:22 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
Quote:
doubt it, there was much more vitriol towards Hillary Clinton 16....Sanders will close ranks with Biden...some of his non-voters won't vote in 2020. They will be a much smaller faction this cycle.
I agree, my statement was worded clumsily. In 2016 it was more so than it will be in 2020

Old 03-31-2020, 11:31 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
I will not vote for an authoritarian candidate whether Left or Right, Biden or Trump.

Old 03-31-2020, 11:38 AM

15,838 posts, read 6,543,563 times
The Sanders squad are probably feeling a little bitter right now.

Old 03-31-2020, 11:53 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
..Or will he simply create a foundation that never helps anyone like the Clintons did.
BTW, I can't seem to find the salaries of those various family members that are "on the payroll". Can you help us out by publishing their salaries?....
The Clinton foundation did fund research in my town about the lunch program in HISD. It had to do with adequate lunches.

A daughter in law and a girlfriend are on the payroll of an obscure consultant. That info was all over a couple weeks ago. Will try to find it.

It is not unusual or illegal. Many politicians have their spouses and/or kids on their own re elect campaigns. Or like Jenny Thomas, a like minded not for profit hires them.

Old 03-31-2020, 12:08 PM

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times
Quote:
It was about 12%....the real question is going to be Suburban Moms who traditionally lean GOP. They would offset the Bernie Bros defections. That is the calculation the DNC made...we will see if comes through. You can say one thing about Suburban Moms....they actually show up and vote.
Everyone was so worked up over Biden absolutely slaughtering Bernie among AA voters in SC that they failed to notice him sweeping the suburbs until Super Tuesday. His wins in NC, Va, Texas and Minnesota were fought in the suburbs- in Va the spike in voters was huge and primarily in former R subrubs of NOVA. If he traded young liberals for suburban moderates it was a good strategic move since those are the folks who actually vote and he could be cutting into some Trump support. He needs to get a larger share of moderates because I think Trump has consolidated conservative support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies