Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 02:30 PM

2,448 posts, read 892,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
It's the other way around. Older people hate the youth.
It's the other, other way around: everybody hates everybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2020, 02:33 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,057,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
This current pandemic has many young people posting on online forums like this one , that old people should not be given preferential treatment, but instead treat the young.
Others, and one on this site, states medicare, and ss will save billions if the old people die of this virus.
Where did all this hatred of old people come from?
Do they not realize one day they will be old.
Do they not realize that it was these older people that once gave them life, and in many cases a very good life?

Where does all this hatred of old people come from?
Don't based your thoughts on how people think about others on forum posts.

Old 03-31-2020, 02:49 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,350 times
Quote:
This current pandemic has many young people posting on online forums like this one , that old people should not be given preferential treatment, but instead treat the young.
Others, and one on this site, states medicare, and ss will save billions if the old people die of this virus.
Do they not realize that it was these older people that once gave them life, and in many cases a very good life?

I don't know any of these personally. But, I'm sure that there is a certain amount of envy/angst that their generation will not fare as well as that of the Boomers and older. I am 56 now and even I worry that Govt will decrease my SS benefits or raise the retirement age again and decrease Medicare benefits since I am at the tail end of the Boomer generation. Govt never facks with the Boomers because the Boomers do vote- they don't call it the "third rail of politics" for nothing. Just look at the recently passed stimulus- for what reason do the ppl on SS have to receive a stimulus check (they vote and it's an election year). Meanwhile, the younger generations are paying taxes for the benefit of older generations' SS & Medicare and in fact may NEVER see the same quality of life that Boomers now enjoy in their Golden years. It's sad because many seniors will opine that the "Golden Years aren't so golden". Like it or not, boomers overwhelmingly embrace more conservative politics which might also be revolting to younger people.

Old 03-31-2020, 02:55 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Any demographic group that hates any other demographic is simply following the program.

Old 03-31-2020, 03:30 PM

14,956 posts, read 9,790,824 times
Quote:
You miss understand this....

Old 03-31-2020, 03:32 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:

Anonymous people post the darnedest things to online forums.

Ignore it.

Old 03-31-2020, 04:41 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Old people make the rules.

Young people hate rules.

Young people hate the old people because they make the rules.

Next question grasshopper...?

Old 03-31-2020, 04:42 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Old people make the rules.

Young people hate rules.

Young people hate the old people because they make the rules.

Next question grasshopper...?
I would add, sometimes the old people hate the young people because of their lack of respect for rules.

Old 03-31-2020, 05:36 PM

14,956 posts, read 9,790,824 times
The golden rule... we have all the gold and make all the rules.

Our young people have the ability to be the greatest generation, I see that in all my 4 kids (ages 29-39), but the bus stop is full of people with potential. Sometimes a (figurative) lovingly place size 11 helps a slacker.

Old 03-31-2020, 05:46 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Yeah I have to side with you on this one. How many threads have there been just to hammer today's youth?

Why do the young hate the elderly? Could it be because the older people enjoy thumbing their noses at those younger than they are? Keep in mind at 57 I am the youngest expat in my area by about 10 years. Not just Americans but Europeans as well. 1 common theme I see. Old folks do things that are annoying because they like annoying people. It is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies