Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2020, 10:13 AM

14,460 posts, read 11,226,024 times

Advertisements

The Navy frowns upon information being leaked that one of our aircraft carriers has been compromised by an onboard epidemic, especially one that is currently deployed to the western Pacific. Hence the action taken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2020, 10:21 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,375,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Covid 19 isn't going to wait for the chain of command to get off their asses and do something. The commander did the right thing. Sadly, he was punished for it.
Tell a German Landser on the Oder river in April 1945 about the chain of command when he hears a rumble coming from the east and sees twinkling lights on the horizon.
The Chain of command are going to tell him not to worry about it and shut up. The chain of command doesn't give a damn about anything but it's next paycheck and self preservation.

Old 04-03-2020, 10:40 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,490,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I have no idea. It wasn't addressed to me.
He sent the email to 30 different individuals!

“Speaking at a news conference Thursday evening, Acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly said Crozier was removed from his post because he sent the letter over "non-secure unclassified email" to a "broad array of people" rather than up the chain of command.”

Old 04-03-2020, 11:17 AM

21,431 posts, read 7,398,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
He sent the email to 30 different individuals!

“Speaking at a news conference Thursday evening, Acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly said Crozier was removed from his post because he sent the letter over "non-secure unclassified email" to a "broad array of people" rather than up the chain of command.”

If he wasn't getting action, I can't say I blame him. Maybe he should have called the press corps.

Old 04-03-2020, 11:20 AM

9,913 posts, read 5,587,258 times
Quote:
If he wasn't getting action, I can't say I blame him. Maybe he should have called the press corps.
And this right here is how you have a complete breakdown of military structure. "If I don't get the result I want I'll just do an end-run around my superior officer!" That's not how a functioning military operates. The people above him are in charge of much bigger life-or-death decisions than a few sick soldiers on a ship. You have to be prepared to accept decisions and orders that cause people serving under you, and possibly you yourself, to die. If you cannot do that, you're in the wrong line of work.

Old 04-03-2020, 11:26 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,689,992 times
Quote:
The facts embarrassed the Trump administration. He had to go.

Shortly, he will be demonized on this forum ...
total bs.....Have you ever served have you ever heard of Operational Security?.....

Old 04-03-2020, 11:29 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,103,031 times
Quote:

First, do you have any evidence he tried normal channels and didn't get results?

Second, his primary job isn't to protect the best interests of those under his command but to follow the orders given from above. Should the commanders of the amphibious landers have aborted their landings on Normandy beach in 1944 on the grounds that it would have saved the lives of their troops?

Old 04-03-2020, 11:32 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,689,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
First, do you have any evidence he tried normal channels and didn't get results?

Second, his primary job isn't to protect the best interests of those under his command but to follow the orders given from above. Should the commanders of the amphibious landers have aborted their landings on Normandy beach in 1944 on the grounds that it would have saved the lives of their troops?
Yo Rommel..It's raining so we're not coming over tomorrow I don't want my guys to get sick....Ike

Old 04-03-2020, 11:33 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,372,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
And this right here is how you have a complete breakdown of military structure. "If I don't get the result I want I'll just do an end-run around my superior officer!" That's not how a functioning military operates. The people above him are in charge of much bigger life-or-death decisions than a few sick soldiers on a ship. You have to be prepared to accept decisions and orders that cause people serving under you, and possibly you yourself, to die. If you cannot do that, you're in the wrong line of work.
Actually that is how the military operates, but you just have to do it the correct way. If his immediate command was not responding, then he suppose to go to the higher command, keeping the immediate command in the loop.

A few sick people on a ship is actually a big deal, it can knock a ship out of commission, been there, done that, stuck in a port for two weeks because of a norovirus outbreak, and in this case, having an entire carrier complete with air wing is a huge deal, as that carrier is not going to operate with a 1000 sick people wondering around.

Still waiting for more info, like did he send it to 30 different people all at once as his first reporting of this? How much time between his reporting to his command and then leaked the info? Etc.

Old 04-03-2020, 11:35 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,372,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post

Not a good scenario. The better scenario would be the troops were all sick, throwing up, fever, etc, should they go on with the landings given half the troops can hardly function normally, let alone fight?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies