Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2020, 01:03 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
And a raging dose of the clap! That wouldn't help much I'm sure!
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2020, 01:05 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Breaking news:
50 sailors from USS Kennedy got the herpes after their ship left Phillippines

Blame Trump

They needed some relief after the USFL went down in flames. Or did this happen earlier?

Old 04-03-2020, 01:15 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Guess it is true that no good deed goes unpunished.

"The US Navy has relieved the captain of the coronavirus-stricken aircraft carrier USS Roosevelt days after his plea for help for his sailors went public.

Acting US Navy Secretary Thomas Modly announced on Thursday afternoon that Captain Brett Crozier had been relieved of his command of the nuclear aircraft carrier, four days after he penned a scathing letter to Navy leaders calling for stronger action to address the COVID-19 outbreak he said was unnecessarily threatening his sailors lives. "

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...plea-help.html
This is a one-sided telling of events. I will be interested to see what the full story is. The Navy is unlikely to relieve a captain who did all the right things. We'll find out where, what and how he did the wrong thing, or we won't. Too early to judge.

The ridiculously thing about opening this thread in the first place: It makes the usual TDS assumption. "Because I know that Donald Trump is evil incarnate and incapable of doing anything that is not unspeakably evil, I will now automatically believe everything negative being said about him without any attempt at critical thought whatsoever."

There really are two sides to every story. In this case, thousands. We'll see how it all shakes out.

Old 04-03-2020, 01:15 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
How are we any different than Communist Soviet Union?
When one of their subs was in distress, the captain sent out a plea for help and the Soviets let all perish in order to save face. We chastised them for that.
yes, military discipline is authoritarian communist.

Old 04-03-2020, 01:17 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
And a Captain who jeopardizes their own career for the good of his men is not a traitor. I've yet to read who leaked out this correspondences to the Senior Naval Officers in Washington. Maybe its one of those temporally appointed civilians who have 0 days experience serving their country.
A leader looking out for those under him. That's not normal.

Old 04-03-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
This is a one-sided telling of events. I will be interested to see what the full story is. The Navy is unlikely to relieve a captain who did all the right things. We'll find out where, what and how he did the wrong thing, or we won't. Too early to judge.

The ridiculously thing about opening this thread in the first place: It makes the usual TDS assumption. "Because I know that Donald Trump is evil incarnate and incapable of doing anything that is not unspeakably evil, I will now automatically believe everything negative being said about him without any attempt at critical thought whatsoever."

There really are two sides to every story. In this case, thousands. We'll see how it all shakes out.
Where in the OP is Trump mentioned? I do see the usual TDS crowd spewing their nonsense later on the thread.

Old 04-03-2020, 01:20 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
A military leader takes the job knowing it is his burden to order others to risk their lives. Just maintaining the force is almost never the first consideration

Old 04-03-2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
A military leader takes the job knowing it is his burden to order others to risk their lives. Just maintaining the force is almost never the first consideration
But he didn't put anyone at risk with his actions. Others have created fake drama by saying he did. The inaction by others is putting those under him at risk.

Not that you are saying it, but it's garbage to say that it made US forces vulnerable to an attack. Bats could fly out my backside but that isn't going to happen either.

Old 04-03-2020, 01:27 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
yeah, a leader looking out for his men would not do port call in Dang Nang, Vietnam during a pandemic

video published almost a month ago before coronavirus infected the sailors

forward to 1:11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlGR...ature=youtu.be

Old 04-03-2020, 01:35 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Unfortunately- lives are not over mission - I don’t know all of the circumstances going up the chain - but we all know, a quick response to evac is not always the answer. He should have tried to fix the problem inhouse the best he could - made masks from uniforms anything - and wash the bucket 3 times a day until received the help needed. But I won’t judge - I do not know everything that happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies