Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 07:46 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times

Advertisements

I posted on another thread, but I think reality is sinking in, and they are sort of at a loss on what to actually do. Many scenarios, but this thing is going to play out for a while, longer then they and anyone wants, and there are going to be real issues that come along with the economically speaking. For medical, so far from what they put out, we are just seeing it getting started now.

Plus even Trump has got to understand he is a high risk person, this is not some far off conflict or something where he can just order a missile strike, nor does his Secret Service protection do him any good from it. If he catches it, he does have a higher probability of dying, being incapacitated for weeks, etc.

There may be also some other classified briefings going on behind the scenes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2020, 07:49 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
Trump aint scared of anything. Very tired maybe with all the pressure of this crisis getting to everyone,, everyone working 20 hours per day 7 days a week. its amazing that they are still able to stand and think and get all this together.

Todays' press conference was amazing, but for this - all the companies were standing up and saying how they were helping. amazing how these companies are donating millions/thousands of $$$ for the cause. Amazing how businesses are coming in and doing just like in WW2 how everything was turned into war products. amazing!!!

I also see how Trump is touched that so many people are coming together, the selfless brave medical workers, the delivery folks, all the people working in harms way to make our lives livable. yes even your delivery person who delivers food and groceries to you is putting their life in possible harm of delivering to sick people. Trump talks in a kind of reverential tone as if they are saints going off to war. Listen to that tone and you will see.

Tip them well please!

Old 03-31-2020, 07:52 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
You think Americans aren’t entitled to know what the difference would have been if we had acted sooner instead of downplaying it?
So if Trump Locked down the country in January, Democrats, Republicans, and the populace would have been fine with it with no pushback?

I mean,
That was right around the Dem impeachment lunacy
Dems would have claimed it was a fascist takeover of the country.

Old 03-31-2020, 07:54 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
So if Trump Locked down the country in January, Democrats, Republicans, and the populace would have been fine with it with no pushback?

I mean,
That was right around the Dem impeachment lunacy
Dems would have claimed it was a fascist takeover of the country.
That wasn’t my question either.

Old 03-31-2020, 07:57 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
That wasn’t my question either.
Yes because you’re fishing for certain responses.

Old 03-31-2020, 07:59 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Trump aint scared of anything. Very tired maybe with all the pressure of this crisis getting to everyone,, everyone working 20 hours per day 7 days a week. its amazing that they are still able to stand and think and get all this together.

Todays' press conference was amazing, but for this - all the companies were standing up and saying how they were helping. amazing how these companies are donating millions/thousands of $$$ for the cause. Amazing how businesses are coming in and doing just like in WW2 how everything was turned into war products. amazing!!!

I also see how Trump is touched that so many people are coming together, the selfless brave medical workers, the delivery folks, all the people working in harms way to make our lives livable. yes even your delivery person who delivers food and groceries to you is putting their life in possible harm of delivering to sick people. Trump talks in a kind of reverential tone as if they are saints going off to war. Listen to that tone and you will see.

Tip them well please!
Cadet Bone Spurs is a dyed-in-the-wool coward.

Old 03-31-2020, 08:39 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:

Tip them well please!
They are, and I do. In the last two weeks, and going forward, I view 30% as the minimum tip for folks delivering food or groceries, or simply cooking a meal I pick up.

Old 03-31-2020, 08:53 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,827,152 times
Who is he ? Is he relevant ?

Old 03-31-2020, 09:02 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful for Life View Post
Jim Acosta said on Anderson Cooper today that he had NEVER seen the President like this before, that Trump is “frightened” and that it could be felt among those in the room. It’s hard for me to even believe that Trump is able to emote like that. If he could stay away from his constant bullying, lies, bragging and “us against them” statements, he might win over some people.
I was moved by his saying that, because Jim and Trump are generally at each other's throats. I thought it was very big of Jim to make a statement like that, and it was 100% genuine.

All of us would have little to bit** about regarding Trump, IF he started acting like a sane, unselfish, non egotistical, non combative human being for a change. Trump has been trying, it seems, in recent days to not come across as the spoiled little brat that he normally acts like.

I have said for 3 years, Trump brings on all the criticism and disdain all by himself. If he did not provide us with the ammunition to attack him with, we still might disagree with some of his policies, but it would be no different than the way we always disagreed with every other President.

I hate to say it, but there might be hope for this boy yet.

Old 03-31-2020, 09:10 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Trump had an opportunity to bring all Americans together and he blew it. Trump was and is Trump, a liar, cheat, and thief and he will never change. Never forget that Trump is a draft-dodging coward who said, "Nam was just to far." I have no doubt that Trump is scared enough to crap his pants. It isn't the death of many thousands of Americans that concerns him. No, it is he himself that has him on edge.

Trump also had the chance to be a real hero. Instead he choose to ignore what the American intelligence agencies were telling him in Dec/Jan. American could not have avoided Covid 19 be we certainly could have been prepared. TRUMP BLEW IT! Disaster Don has now killed 3000 Americans and that that number could go into the millions.

Trump is passing out unlimited funds to the wealthiest people and corporations. For the working folks, well, $1200 is good enough in his eyes. When that pittance runs out what then? People still need to eat, they need to feed their families, and pay their bills. Trump's inability to lead may cause the US to find itself in a state of anarchy.

Finally, we have a person in office that is in the steep decline of dementia. Americans can no longer tolerate the insanity of a failed leader especially in a time of crisis.

Trump must be removed from office.
Waa! Not my pWesident! Waa!

Nice try.

Biden + Pelosi + plus Chucklebuckets Schumer = you lose, Trump wins again!

Happy Voting!

Oh, and we need to bring Americans apart... about 10 feet or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
Are you a Chinese Troll? With how good you are at blaming this administration for the virus I imagine they would be happy to pay you something.
I'm a working folk and I get a check for 0$ and I still support it. Rest will be taken care of with the rest of the bill which you neglect to mention.
Good for you. You must make a lot of money. Wife and I would probably get a couple hundred bucks back because we make a hell of a lot of money, and I, like you support the bill if it helps the economy from tanking, which it won't (the economy that is, because we are doing something about it), despite how badly the Trump haters think they would love to see it.

Quote:

Tip them well please!
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchisedog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Cadet Bone Spurs is a dyed-in-the-wool coward.
Must kill you Hillary isn't president.

It was her turn
Nice job newbie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I was moved by his saying that, because Jim and Trump are generally at each other's throats. I thought it was very big of Jim to make a statement like that, and it was 100% genuine.
I find Jim to be 100% disingenuous idiot, and he looks like Scott Peterson.

The day after Trump body-slammed Acosta into the lawn, he comes back and says something well about Trump? Troll-thread.

Last edited by McGowdog; 03-31-2020 at 09:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies