Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 08:29 AM

10,355 posts, read 7,988,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
We are allowing surgeries on fast growing or metastasizing tumors, but it has to be approved by the Chief of Surgery. I was talking to a urologist who told me he has a buildup of 9 prostate patients who have all been denied.

Personally, I would kill to do a prostate surgery right now. Or a brain surgery, or any other nice long surgery that would keep me out of the ICU for most of my shift. The surgeries I used to hate doing? I will never complain about doing them again, after this.
I think we're all looking forward to things getting back to something approaching normal. I know I'm finding too many slides to read in a day much preferable to the current situation of not enough! This virus can't peak fast enough to suit me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2020, 09:34 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundedSpirit View Post
I had to see my doctor last week in order to get my pain medicine prescription refilled. Because I had a cough, I had to enter through a side door and be screened, then wear a mask. The lobby, which is usually fairly full, was totally empty. It was eerie. While the nurse was taking my vitals, I asked her if they had been busy because of COVID-19. She said that it was so slow in the clinic that they were talking about laying off some of the staff.

So far there has only been one confirmed case in our county, and this person has since recovered.
But, but, but....your surge might, could possibly happen in the next few weeks and you will need all those beds and supplies and doctors and nurses waiting on stand by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies