Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 01:45 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
I live in Boston and don't know your imaginary friend.
oh my bad lieutenant.

China government is very honest. That's why they blocked 99% of the press/public forum from the free world. I thought C-D is one of the banned press/public forum because we get to speak our mind here without government agent knocking on our door
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2020, 01:48 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
  1. Wuhan is part of Hubei Province, which has a population of at least 60 million. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_population
  2. COVID-19 was not isolated only to Wuhan or just to Hubei Province. There were reported cases in every single Chinese province. All of them just mysteriously stopped increasing at exactly the same time, the complete opposite of the virus' behavior in every other country on earth.
  3. I still remember quite clearly being taught that the Great Leap Forward was a successful program in my K-12 history classes. Nobody ever mentioned that 40 million people died and mention of any famine at all was minimal. So China apparently managed to hide 40 million corpses for decades. Why not now?
  4. Right now, the Chinese government is holding millions of Uighur Muslims and Falun Gong practitioners prisoner in massive concentration camps. They have a booming business of killing them, harvesting their organs and selling them. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organ_...oners_in_China

We're talking about the most evil government on the planet. Do you really believe anything they say? Why would you ever trust them?
NO, the Greap Leap Forward is always described as "wrong" in all textbooks I read in China. I don't know how you fabricated your story but it's not hard to download textbooks online. Textbooks also say Cultural Revolution is a mistake made by Mao. That being said, your 40 million is another imagination, which I don't bother to talk about. You 民运分子 lost all credits long time ago.

Only Wuhan and a few cities in Hubei (namely Xiaogan and Huanggang) had overwhelmed hospitals. Other places did not have the problem. So your data does not add up.

Uighurs and Falun Gong have nothing to do with this topic. You can open another thread (which I may or may not be interested in.)

Old 04-01-2020, 01:50 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
oh my bad lieutenant.

China government is very honest. That's why they blocked 99% of the press/public forum from the free world. I thought C-D is one of the banned press/public forum because we get to speak our mind here without government agent knocking on our door
When I was in China I had no problem accessing city-data. Honesty is not your strength, it seems, and it's funny to see you fabricate data so easily.

Old 04-01-2020, 01:53 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
When I was in China I had no problem accessing city-data. Honesty is not your strength, it seems, and it's funny to see you fabricate data so easily.
lieutenant, china has freedom of the press now? you can speak out your mind without going to jail?

Old 04-01-2020, 01:56 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
How 'shocking.'

Can't blame other countries for their initial responses when China covered the serious nature of this from the beginning.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/c...151550902.html
Why all this focus still on China? What....do you want to "beat them up"? I am not so sure we can....anyway.

We need to focus on getting things under control in America....NOW! We can revisit the who did what when we have this under control. I bet if America needed guns, bombs or bullets......we could easily ramp up production of those things to meet our needs. However....test for viruses and masks......NOPE. We probably have enough bombs and bullets for 10 wars....but not enough masks to cover even the hospitals that need them. I guess we never thought something like this could happen.....even after all those movies about it happening. We spend all our monies guarding the front door....meanwhile something is kicking in the backdoor.

In the future....please spare me the rhetoric about American exceptionalism.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 04-01-2020 at 02:20 PM..

Old 04-01-2020, 04:55 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
NO, the Greap Leap Forward is always described as "wrong" in all textbooks I read in China. I don't know how you fabricated your story but it's not hard to download textbooks online. Textbooks also say Cultural Revolution is a mistake made by Mao. That being said, your 40 million is another imagination, which I don't bother to talk about. You 民运分子 lost all credits long time ago.
So ... you are from China and not Boston or whatever nonsense you made up. Well that's very interesting. The textbooks that I read were from my childhood 1980's, although many were more than 10 years old at the time. They were printed in the United States. They were probably written before any facts about the Great Leap Forward were available. Let's face it, even today the CCP wants to whitewash the Great Leap Forward. It tarnishes the reputation of their God figure that they still worship to this day: Chairman Mao Zedong, the greatest mass murderer in human history.

Quote:
Only Wuhan and a few cities in Hubei (namely Xiaogan and Huanggang) had overwhelmed hospitals. Other places did not have the problem. So your data does not add up.
According to who exactly?? China's government. They lie. Constantly. They lie so much they don't know anything else. Enough said.

Quote:
Uighurs and Falun Gong have nothing to do with this topic. You can open another thread (which I may or may not be interested in.)
The fact that the Chinese government willingly allowed their own people to die of starvation at insane numbers while they sent a giant shipment of grain -- the stuff that could have saved lives -- to the USSR for no other reason than to save face: This demonstrates that China did not care about the lives of their own people at the time. All of the mass murder and chaos from the Cultural Revolution proved that China didn't learn their lesson. Tiananmen Square once again proved that the Chinese government is a pack of murderous authoritarian a-holes. And if you needed proof that nothing much has changed, I point you to the Uighurs and Falun Gong concentration camps and harvesting the organs of these living breathing Chinese citizens as sufficient evidence that China doesn't give a crap about human life.

You're claim: China wouldn't hide a couple million dead bodies just to make themselves look good. That they wouldn't lie about a mass-death event. Well I think anyone with no particular loyalty to the Chinese Communist Party knows that they absolutely would.

Here's a good video covering all the news reporting on the matter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwCs8a85s5M

Old 04-01-2020, 05:07 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,613 times
And the sky is blue. Tell us something we don’t know.

Old 04-01-2020, 05:09 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Why all this focus still on China? What....do you want to "beat them up"? I am not so sure we can....anyway.

We need to focus on getting things under control in America....NOW! We can revisit the who did what when we have this under control. I bet if America needed guns, bombs or bullets......we could easily ramp up production of those things to meet our needs. However....test for viruses and masks......NOPE. We probably have enough bombs and bullets for 10 wars....but not enough masks to cover even the hospitals that need them. I guess we never thought something like this could happen.....even after all those movies about it happening. We spend all our monies guarding the front door....meanwhile something is kicking in the backdoor.

In the future....please spare me the rhetoric about American exceptionalism.
The other thing was that Pompeo went to the G7 summit to go score political points against China by trying to label it the Wuhan virus or China virus. The other countries weren't having any of it.

We need more cooperation on this pandemic, not slanging others.

Old 04-01-2020, 05:23 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
10,000,002 excuses to blame China.
Let's see....

China admits to covering up the outbreak and cracking down on doctors that warned about it.

China is warning that officials hiding cases will be punished. (that should tell you something)

China just again changed their "definition" of a coronavirus case to...INCLUDE PEOPLE THAT TESTED POSITIVE but weren't very sick.

China is putting forth rumors that the US military is behind the whole thing to distract public opinion.

But wait, we're the ones blaming China with "excuses".

Never lead with the chin.

Old 04-01-2020, 05:26 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Let's see....

China admits to covering up the outbreak and cracking down on doctors that warned about it.

China is warning that officials hiding cases will be punished. (that should tell you something)

China just again changed their "definition" of a coronavirus case to...INCLUDE PEOPLE THAT TESTED POSITIVE but weren't very sick.

China is putting forth rumors that the US military is behind the whole thing to distract public opinion.

But wait, we're the ones blaming China with "excuses".

Never lead with the chin.
You could just as easily replace “China” with “America” and your statement would also be true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies