Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2020, 04:00 PM

2,774 posts, read 901,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I wonder the same as you. I can't imagine why anyone would support Trump. He is both dishonest and dumb. I read through the responses yo your post and they are likely similar to what Germans would've said about Hitler until the around the beginning of 1942.
Do you have any grasp of history? You don't know sheet from Shinola when it comes to WWII and Hitler. If you had even a basic knowledge of that not so distant history you wouldn't make statements that reveal your vast ignorance and deep seated hatred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post
Except two out of three times he's preferred NOT to marry one.
Talk about being a mondo forking ray cyst! But it is consistent with my experience that most progressives are in their heart ray cyst.

Old 04-02-2020, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
"Tell me why you like Trump so much."

I can't
That's about as deep as you can get, no doubt.

Old 04-02-2020, 04:15 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,983,013 times
He was not a career politician. Just as bad though. A sociopath private sector businessman completely unqualified for the job. They're probably worse since they are the ones that control the politicians

Old 04-02-2020, 04:16 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
He was not a career politician. Just as bad though. A sociopath private sector businessman completely unqualified for the job. They're probably worse since they are the ones that control the politicians
And you are qualified above all others to make this determination why?

Old 04-02-2020, 04:32 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,983,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
And you are qualified above all others to make this determination why?

Well. What has he done exactly? Completely BUNGLED this pandemic (Thing could have been contained MONTHS ago and this wouldn't have happened but he downplayed it of course and ignored his intelligence briefings) Propped up an artificial economy that completely COLLAPSED at the first sign of a little stress fracture and it may never recover. Read papers from a podium and engaged in childish fights with the media and news reporters. Created the highest turnover of people we ever seen in an admin and ran dozens of people off because his incompetence at the job. . I guess he got Al-Baghdadi. I'll give him props for that. Thats about it though. Sure he next to the current crop of clowns on the other side, he may be a bit better but that doesn't make him a great or even good president. Its clear he is woefully in over his head for the job. Nothing he has done deserves another 4 years at the position. Thats just scary if we get another 4 years of this guy.

Idiots in this country like his combative childish, sociopath immature behavior (Because thats what most americans are like these days.) . Thats only reason hes "liked"

Old 04-02-2020, 04:35 PM

33,325 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Of the People, by the People and for the People.

We're supposed to be electing people based on the policies they want to implement and how we think they'll govern. Character matters insofar as corruption and the like is concerned, but your statement above suggests that character is paramount. I disagree.

I'd probably not like Trump personally. I don't care for the New York City attitude, at all.

But I don't vote for who I want to be friends with. I don't vote based on how articulate someone is or how good they look in a suit. I vote for the person who 1. is electable, and 2. of those electable, best represents my values and positions. If I removed #1, I'd vote Libertarian every time, but #1 must apply in a practical reality.

What state do you live in ?

Quote:
My first presidential ballot was cast for Ross Perot. I've always thought that a successful businessman could make a good president. I was elated when Trump won, but not because red vs. blue. We're finally getting a chance in modern America to see how someone with a mind for business, rather than politics, can govern. So far, I haven't been disappointed in much he's done. He's kept to his campaign promises pretty darn well, especially considering the headwind he's facing.
It depends on which part of his career you want to focus upon.

He's inherited over 400 million (much more today adjusted for inflation).

At one point, when he was renegotiating with his bankers, he had a negative net worth of 900 million.

He climbed out of that, and by the time he came down the escalator in 2015, Forbes had him pegged at $4.5 billion.

Over the course of his Presidency, before a few weeks ago, that became $3.5 billion, and then $3.1 billion.

As another poster pointed out, he's lost another billion in the last few weeks, down to $2.1 billion.

And, as yet another poster pointed out, If he had put his inheritance in an index fund, he'd be worth $12 to 15 billion.

An argument can be made that overall he's not a very good businessman.

Old 04-02-2020, 04:35 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Well. What has he done exactly? Completely BUNGLED this pandemic (Thing could have been contained MONTHS ago and this wouldn't have happened but he downplayed it of course and ignored his intelligence briefings) Propped up an artificial economy that completely COLLAPSED at the first sign of a little stress fracture and it may never recover. Read papers from a podium and engaged in childish fights with the media and news reporters. I guess he got Al-Baghdadi. I'll give him props for that. Thats about it though. Sure he next to the current crop of clowns on the other side, he be a bit better but that doesn't make him a great or even good president. Its clear he is woefully in over his head for the job
Do you mean contained when all liberal thought about was "impeach". And freaked when he shut down travel from China.

The fact is, no matter what he does you will b*tch, moan, complain as if you could do better so nothing anyone can say will convince you otherwise. The liberal media got you by the ....

Old 04-02-2020, 04:44 PM

23,856 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
Do you have any grasp of history? You don't know sheet from Shinola when it comes to WWII and Hitler. If you had even a basic knowledge of that not so distant history you wouldn't make statements that reveal your vast ignorance and deep seated hatred.
I started to respond to that post and abandoned my reply. It would be falling on deaf ears.

Old 04-02-2020, 04:45 PM

3,325 posts, read 1,959,833 times
Why do I like trump?
Because unlike mumble mouth Biden or pimp rappin Cuomo he floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies