Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2020, 04:52 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
What state do you live in ?
It's right there, in the upper right.

Why does it matter?

As for the rest of your reply, you kind of made my point for me by talking about all the billions he has.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2020, 05:03 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,987,383 times
Trump just needs to stick to what he knows is all. Running hotels etc. I can't run NASA. I know i can't, He should realize he isn't qualified to run a country. Thats all. Putting people in charge of things they have ZERO Qualifications can have a long term dire effect (As we are seeing) . We need to be smarter as a country. Common sense has left us. Businesses also need to be much smarter in who they put in charge of those as well

Old 04-02-2020, 05:11 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
1 thing I like about Trump. He treats CNN like the tabloid news org that they are.

Old 04-02-2020, 05:33 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Nope.

You haven't read enough of my posts.

Hillary losing didn't get under my skin. I can't stand Hillary, have felt that way since '92, would never vote for her, dislike her even more than I dislike Trump, am not a Democrat, and I think criticism of Hillary can be quite entertaining.

Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.

Dislike of Trump is probably one of the few things Seacove and I would agree upon

You're right. I'm not going to give it a rest. But it's not Trump specific.

I think that being elected POTUS is the greatest privilege we can bestow upon a citizen and that it is not only the right of the citizenry but the responsibility of the citizenry to hold the POTUS' feet to the proverbial fire/hold the POTUS accountable, irrespective of party.

As Harry Truman said "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen"

Again, we don't elect the President by popular vote.

Sorry if that give you the weepy feels.

Old 04-02-2020, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Trump just needs to stick to what he knows is all. Running hotels etc. I can't run NASA. I know i can't, He should realize he isn't qualified to run a country. Thats all. Putting people in charge of things they have ZERO Qualifications can have a long term dire effect (As we are seeing) . We need to be smarter as a country. Common sense has left us. Businesses also need to be much smarter in who they put in charge of those as well
What, in your opinion, qualifies a person to be the president?

The Constitution, which is the document that governs this question, says the person must be 35 years old and a natural born citizen. I'm curious to know what you've added to the list.

Never forget, ours is a government of the People, by the People and for the People. Your line of thought is more akin to a monarchy than a republic.

Old 04-02-2020, 06:40 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
Do you have any grasp of history? You don't know sheet from Shinola when it comes to WWII and Hitler. If you had even a basic knowledge of that not so distant history you wouldn't make statements that reveal your vast ignorance and deep seated hatred.
Yes, a pretty good grasp. I have degrees in history and political science. And I've read several books on WWII since the first of the year. I've also read extensively on Trump's background.

Quote:
It depends on which part of his career you want to focus upon.

He's inherited over 400 million (much more today adjusted for inflation).

At one point, when he was renegotiating with his bankers, he had a negative net worth of 900 million.

He climbed out of that, and by the time he came down the escalator in 2015, Forbes had him pegged at $4.5 billion.

Over the course of his Presidency, before a few weeks ago, that became $3.5 billion, and then $3.1 billion.

As another poster pointed out, he's lost another billion in the last few weeks, down to $2.1 billion.

And, as yet another poster pointed out, If he had put his inheritance in an index fund, he'd be worth $12 to 15 billion.

An argument can be made that overall he's not a very good businessman.
All good points but you left out the money laundering from Russia through Deutsche Bank. Trump was on the verge of bankruptcy and managed to buy 16 golf course since 1999.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Running hotels into bankruptcy!

Old 04-02-2020, 06:44 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
What state do you live in ?

It depends on which part of his career you want to focus upon.

He's inherited over 400 million (much more today adjusted for inflation).

At one point, when he was renegotiating with his bankers, he had a negative net worth of 900 million.

He climbed out of that, and by the time he came down the escalator in 2015, Forbes had him pegged at $4.5 billion.

Over the course of his Presidency, before a few weeks ago, that became $3.5 billion, and then $3.1 billion.

As another poster pointed out, he's lost another billion in the last few weeks, down to $2.1 billion.

And, as yet another poster pointed out, If he had put his inheritance in an index fund, he'd be worth $12 to 15 billion.

An argument can be made that overall he's not a very good businessman.
Please tell this to the leftists who claim Trump isn't really a billionaire.

Old 04-02-2020, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Running hotels into bankruptcy!
Let me look into your past and select one of your failures to judge the rest of your life by.

It's only fair.

Not every business venture works out. In fact, most fail. Success over a career is measured by the career - not a cherry picked selection of failures. That's a pretty scuzzy way to debate, IMO.

Old 04-02-2020, 06:54 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Let me look into your past and select one of your failures to judge the rest of your life by.

It's only fair.

Not every business venture works out. In fact, most fail. Success over a career is measured by the career - not a cherry picked selection of failures. That's a pretty scuzzy way to debate, IMO.

I don't have to look at Trump's business ventures to evaluate him; all I have to do is watch one of his press conferences. I have never heard one intelligent statement ever come out of his mouth.

Old 04-02-2020, 06:59 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
While not a Trump supporter myself it seem that the real reason they like Trump is because they has to suffer though eight years of Obama. They didn’t have a really good reason to dislike him and much like with Fox News they made things up. These days Trump get the liberals panties in a wad and it makes the conservatives BERY happy.

Trumps all ego and no morals which makes one wonder about his voters.
Perhaps you didn’t agree with the reasons people didn’t like Obama, but those reasons were, in many cases, sound. Obamacare alone was enough of a reason to dislike Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies