Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2020, 02:14 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,018,880 times

Advertisements

Trump appears to be smarter than everyone else, that's why I like him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2020, 02:19 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I know a lot of people love him. I perceive him as possibly a sociopath and probably the worst president in the history of time in this country...although I may change my opinion depending on his future actions.

I want to understand why people like him so much. Just...glorify the hell out of the guy. I don't get it. I want to see how your minds work.
Don't you read? They wrongly imagine he's a good businessman. They admire his wealth, and ignore that much was inherited, and much was shady. They love that he's bedded a lot of women. They love his bullying and bluster They love his vulgarity. They love all the things that most people disdain in real life - because of course they'd hate if that bullying and shadiness were directed at them.

Old 04-03-2020, 02:29 PM

830 posts, read 486,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Sure. Most of us agree that Trump underestimated the risks and this is shown by some of the comments in the video. Much of it was also just trying to offer hope in a desperate situation.

What I'd really like to see are those Trump comments interleaved with what everyone else was saying at the time. We had the WHO saying there was no evidence of human to human transmission, the mayor of New York City, Nancy Pelosi, and other politicians encouraging people to go out on the town despite the corona virus, and most of the talking heads on CNN and the alphabet networks saying it's not as bad as the flu.

Old 04-03-2020, 02:58 PM

2,774 posts, read 902,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
He was not a career politician. Just as bad though. A sociopath private sector businessman completely unqualified for the job. They're probably worse since they are the ones that control the politicians
And you are qualified to make this diagnosis how?

Old 04-03-2020, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Well. What has he done exactly? Completely BUNGLED this pandemic (Thing could have been contained MONTHS ago and this wouldn't have happened but he downplayed it of course and ignored his intelligence briefings) Propped up an artificial economy that completely COLLAPSED at the first sign of a little stress fracture and it may never recover. Read papers from a podium and engaged in childish fights with the media and news reporters. Created the highest turnover of people we ever seen in an admin and ran dozens of people off because his incompetence at the job. . I guess he got Al-Baghdadi. I'll give him props for that. Thats about it though. Sure he next to the current crop of clowns on the other side, he may be a bit better but that doesn't make him a great or even good president. Its clear he is woefully in over his head for the job. Nothing he has done deserves another 4 years at the position. Thats just scary if we get another 4 years of this guy.

Idiots in this country like his combative childish, sociopath immature behavior (Because thats what most americans are like these days.) . Thats only reason hes "liked"
Completely BUNGLED this pandemic - Using what empirical data, outside of your seething hatred, did you use to arrived at this conclusion?

Old 04-03-2020, 03:04 PM

830 posts, read 486,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
Completely BUNGLED this pandemic - Using what empirical data, outside of your seething hatred, did you use to arrived at this conclusion?
Don Lemon said so.

Old 04-03-2020, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I started to respond to that post and abandoned my reply. It would be falling on deaf ears.
Actually, it would require you to display your lack of historical knowledge, thereby exposing your irrational, seething hatred for President Trump. Back in the day we called it the old "shuck and jive".

Old 04-03-2020, 03:07 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I know a lot of people love him. I perceive him as possibly a sociopath and probably the worst president in the history of time in this country...although I may change my opinion depending on his future actions.

I want to understand why people like him so much. Just...glorify the hell out of the guy. I don't get it. I want to see how your minds work.
Because he triggers the idiots in Hollywood, the liars in the media, and he opposes the USA destroying programs supported by the Dems in Congress.

Old 04-03-2020, 03:08 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post
Sure. Most of us agree that Trump underestimated the risks and this is shown by some of the comments in the video. Much of it was also just trying to offer hope in a desperate situation.

What I'd really like to see are those Trump comments interleaved with what everyone else was saying at the time. We had the WHO saying there was no evidence of human to human transmission, the mayor of New York City, Nancy Pelosi, and other politicians encouraging people to go out on the town despite the corona virus, and most of the talking heads on CNN and the alphabet networks saying it's not as bad as the flu.
In other words, Trump lovers still love Trump very much, because there is no doubt in their minds that Democrats would have handled the early stages of the virus crisis a hell of a lot worse. The ban on Chinese travel to the U. S. would not have happened until March for starters.

Old 04-03-2020, 03:11 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Trump appears to be smarter than everyone else, that's why I like him.
So Trump was actually smarter than everyone else for saying in February that the virus was under control. Also Trump's economic advisor, Larry Kudlow, was smarter, too, for saying in early March that the virus was just about contained, air tight.

Or were you actually being quite highly sarcastic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies