Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 08:13 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I respectfully disagree. His supporters and the Trumplican party do indeed glorify him. Evangelicals compare him to the Second Coming. There are endless memes of his hand being directed by Jesus, standing next to Jesus, having light shown down on him, etc. He has turned the Republican party into the Trumplican party where they disavow everything they ever stood for if he says so. Trumplicans say the most appealing candidate for them to vote for after Trump is either Don Jr. or Ivanka and that is supported by polls. This is from the party that opposed dynasties.
hmm, I have not seen any pics or comments like that. Can you provide a link?

Do you mean like Democrats glorified Obama?

First of all, give an honor to God and our Lord and Savior Barack Obama
-- J Foxx

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2020, 08:14 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The same evangelicals that attacked Obama for taking office after a recession already started, compare Trump to Jesus. That is not glorifying him? It's the equating Trump to a religious figure that is most disturbing and it's done all.the.time. There was a time that would have been considered extremely blasphemous but not anymore - it's done by evangelicals! Like I said, the best thing about Trump is he's old and overweight.
Very few do. Be honest. Very few Christians compare Trump to Jesus. Do you compare all blacks to the ones in Prison? If so we have a problem because my son is black and those in prison do not represent him....

I don't like Trump, but I detest hypocrisy even more, because it empowers.

The left worshipped Obama and he got every free pass imaginable because of it. Tell me do you still believe that Benghazi was caused by a YouTube video? That was Obama's first excuse.

Did you get your health care for the cost of your cellphone bill? Your Cable bill? Is your insurance cheaper?

Look I liked many things about Obama. Loved to listen to him speak. I still do. Listening to Trump speak I want to stab myself in the ear with a 45acp. I have never made it through an entire Trump speech. My kids at 7 spoke with a better vocabulary and in 2 languages.

My issue with your position isn't that Trump is bad. It's that like many you refuse to even acknowledge that hardliners on both sides do the exact same thing.

Old 04-01-2020, 08:17 PM

4,511 posts, read 5,052,966 times
I've lived under every President since Franklin Roosevelt and Trump is the 2nd best of all of them, Harry Truman being the best. Truman was the most honest man to ever hold that office. Trump is the most America first to do so. All you anti-Trump idiots ought to stop and take a look at your life. You have never had lived better under any President than you have under Trump. Your hatred toward him is no more than trying to be part of a movement that you really don't even understand. You just want to be part of a group that does not know what it's like to be self sufficient, independent and in charge of your own life. You want government to take care of you. This crisis should be a lesson on how well that works. Only YOU can take care of you. Listen to those State governors that criticized and defied the Trump on illegal immigrents and now want his help, begging like little kids. It's up to the States to prepare for things like this virus (with help from Washington) but instead they put most of their resources into pet projects to win votes. Now they cry like babies because they have no rainy day funds or supplies. Time to grow up liberals, you can't have it both ways !!

Old 04-01-2020, 08:17 PM

190 posts, read 57,081 times
There are a lot of people that I would have voted for over Trump, but HRC isn't one of them, by a lot. I consider myself a little right of center, but I voted for some Democrats in the last election and may in the next. Up until now Trump has done a better job than I thought he would. Face it, he's at least confronted some of the issues that he predecessors wouldn't touch; illegal immigration and China's unfair trade practices among them. Maybe not a lot of success yet, but at least he's not kicking the can down the road like the others.

Old 04-01-2020, 08:18 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Very few do. Be honest. Very few Christians compare Trump to Jesus. Do you compare all blacks to the ones in Prison? If so we have a problem because my son is black and those in prison do not represent him....

I don't like Trump, but I detest hypocrisy even more, because it empowers.

The left worshipped Obama and got every free pass imaginable because of it. Tell me do you still believe that Benghazi was caused by a YouTube video? That was Obama's first excuse.

Did you get your health care for the cost of your cellphone bill? Your Cable bill? Is your insurance cheaper?

Look I liked many things about Obama. Loved to listen to him speak. I still do. Listening to Trump speak I want to stab myself in the ear with a 45acp. I have never made it through an entire Trump speech. My kids at 7 spoke with a better vocabulary and in 2 languages.

My issue with your position isn't that Trump is bad. It's that like many you refuse to even acknowledge that hardliners on both sides do the exact same thing.
well said. I support President Trump but he does not speak eloquently but at least I know what he is thinking. Obama uuuhm spoke well uuuhm, with uhhh a teleprompter but it felt like uhhh political poetry of a snake salesman... "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor". I got snaked, I lost my doctor and couldn't afford health insurance of $925 a month (once $450) and at that monthly price it stunk. My premiums went UP not down by 3000%. And I'm still waiting for that raise since Obamacare passed.

So You Should Get A Raise When H'care Is Passed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUd-slJc-GY

Old 04-01-2020, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMJag View Post
There are a lot of people that I would have voted for over Trump, but HRC isn't one of them, by a lot. I consider myself a little right of center, but I voted for some Democrats in the last election and may in the next. Up until now Trump has done a better job than I thought he would. Face it, he's at least confronted some of the issues that he predecessors wouldn't touch; illegal immigration and China's unfair trade practices among them. Maybe not a lot of success yet, but at least he's not kicking the can down the road like the others.
I am the same as you. I would have voted for many instead of Trump and did a write in rather than vote for the man. I will never support an establishment democrat like Hillary of Biden. They are part of the problem, not a solution. I wrote in Web because he is a middle of the road democrat, he has worked with both sides. He believes in compromise to find solutions. We haven't seen compromise in over a decade.

Trump has tried to keep many of his campaign promises, I give him that.

27,560 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I want to understand why people like him so much. Just...glorify the hell out of the guy. I don't get it. I want to see how your minds work.
Trump is the first President who understands why Americans don't want illegal aliens from Mexico flooding into the United States.

Trump is the first President who actually has the courage to put an end to this problem once and for all.

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
hmm, I have not seen any pics or comments like that. Can you provide a link?

Do you mean like Democrats glorified Obama?

First of all, give an honor to God and our Lord and Savior Barack Obama
-- J Foxx
Here's a very common one.

https://www.charlottemagazine.com/th...protestantism/

Don't forget the Trumplicans said Trump has suffered more than Jesus.

GOP Rep. Loudermilk: Jesus 'afforded more rights' than Trump
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/tru...liveBlogHeader

'He was sent to us': at church rally, evangelicals worship God and Trump
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...lly-king-jesus
and Trump said he has done more for Christianity than Jesus.

Comparing Trump to Jesus, and why some evangelicals believe Trump is God’s chosen one
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ds-chosen-one/

There's many more.
Attached Thumbnails
Tell me why you like Trump so much.-trumpjesus.jpg  

Old 04-01-2020, 08:25 PM

14,476 posts, read 12,101,318 times
Unvarnished truth? I support him now because his opponents are so unhinged (as demonstrated in the weeks leading to and during the impeachment) that I definitely don't want them to win. Because they can't be allowed to win, I had to give him my support.

I didn't vote for him first time around and I don't like him personally that much, though I do think he wants the best for the country, and he sometimes makes me laugh out loud with his frankness.

His opponents are showing more and more how hateful and shallow they are, and so... I am starting to like him more all the time.

Old 04-01-2020, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
well said. I support President Trump but he does not speak eloquently but at least I know what he is thinking. Obama uuuhm spoke well uuuhm, with uhhh a teleprompter but it felt like uhhh political poetry of a snake salesman... "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor". I got snaked, I lost my doctor and couldn't afford health insurance of $925 a month (once $450) and at that monthly price it stunk. My premiums went UP not down by 3000%.

flashback-obama-2010-obamacare-premiums-will-fall-much-3000/
Yeah Trump is rough on the ears, but Obama was devastating on the wallet. A big reason that I am an ex-pat now? Health insurance. For my wife and I, we pay right around 3G a year were we live. In the states for a comparable plan, it would have been close to 9G and that was 2.5 years ago.

Trump is blunt. Construction worker blunt, but yes you do know where he stands. If he would just stop tweeting......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies