Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 08:30 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
New spin surely coming from some right wing blog or talking head. Orders beamed down from the right wing mothership "go forth and spread spin to protect our great Orange leader".

ROTFLMAO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2020, 08:34 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
On February 4, President Trump delivered his State of the Union Address, during which he addressed the threat to America from the coronavirus, asserting, “Protecting Americans’ health also means fighting infectious diseases. We are coordinating with the Chinese government and working closely together on the coronavirus outbreak in China. My administration will take all necessary steps to safeguard our citizens from this threat.”

So apparently Nancy Pelosi thought this was a lie.
Well, if you want to get technical, it turns out that Trump’s claim that “my administration will take all necessary steps to safeguard our citizens from this threat” was, in fact, a lie. So she wasn’t wrong.

Old 04-02-2020, 08:47 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
All the left has to do is do a split screen with Trump assuring us this was going to magically disappear, down to zero, gone, poof! on one side, with footage of overflowing hospitals and refrigerated trucks carrying away the dead and the raw numbers of how many have so far died, many largely due to Trump ignoring it for two plus months.

Only the truly indoctrinated will think Pelosi tearing up a speech is somehow more important than all of the above.
And then another split screen of Pelosi and New York City officials telling people to not worry about the coronavirus and come on down to Chinatown, and especially don't miss the parade and the 10,000 people who will be congregating there. And Chuck Schumer dismissing the ban on travel from China as "an attack on immigrants." And the Decmoratic presidential candidate debate on February 25th where they didn't even mention coronavirus. And, and, and....

I wasn't sure whether or not I was going to vote for Trump again this November, but now I'm definitely going to. Because regardless of what you say about his handling of this, every leading Democrat seems to have been much worse. Do you have any evidence to suggest otherwise?

Old 04-02-2020, 09:11 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Well, if you want to get technical, it turns out that Trump’s claim that “my administration will take all necessary steps to safeguard our citizens from this threat” was, in fact, a lie. So she wasn’t wrong.
Can you technically prove that?

Old 04-02-2020, 09:28 AM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
The daffy dyke is so weak couldn't even tear the speech without cutting little slits in the pages beforehand. The handshake snub had nothing to do with it. This was a premeditated plan.
All right, so let's go with that logic. Let me ask a couple of questions:

+ Was Trump's slight of her handshake premeditated?

+ If he gracefully shakes her hand, does she shred the speech?

As for prepping the paper beforehand, well that just speaks to intelligence. She didn't get to where she is by being clueless. Also, she's 80 years and probably not capable of feats of strength any more. Will you be when you reach 80? I'm betting probably not.

Politically I'm a moderate who has voted both ways.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:29 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
Can you technically prove that?
Look at Germany. Look at South Korea. Look at the US. Draw your own conclusions.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:46 PM

2,450 posts, read 972,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
All the left has to do is do a split screen with Trump assuring us this was going to magically disappear, down to zero, gone, poof! on one side, with footage of overflowing hospitals and refrigerated trucks carrying away the dead and the raw numbers of how many have so far died, many largely due to Trump ignoring it for two plus months.

Only the truly indoctrinated will think Pelosi tearing up a speech is somehow more important than all of the above.
You can run that clip, and yes, Trump did say these things. However, he was being berated by a hostile media looking to hang him on something and hoping he would stoke fear. He did the OPPOSITE. The record will show that Trump did act as early as late December to contain the virus. That is a fact. Anything Dems say or do, Trump can counter. Also, let's be honest here. Do you really want Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders running this country? Bernie is deranged with a heart problem,, and Biden's mental acuity has drastically decreased due to age and major brain surgery.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:54 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Quote:
On February 4, President Trump delivered his State of the Union Address, during which he addressed the threat to America from the coronavirus, asserting, “Protecting Americans’ health also means fighting infectious diseases. We are coordinating with the Chinese government and working closely together on the coronavirus outbreak in China. My administration will take all necessary steps to safeguard our citizens from this threat.”

So apparently Nancy Pelosi thought this was a lie.
It was a lie. All necessary steps obviously not taken. CDC playbook thrown out instead.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:54 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,906,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Probably. I mean, he was still calling concerns from the left of the lack of response at the Federal level the next partisan hoax all the way into March and generally ho-humming it. 15 cases, soon to be zero, under control, nothing to worry about.
That itself is a hoax too

Old 04-02-2020, 09:05 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Late February, I remember. Feb. 4 for state of the union. Trump not taking it seriously till Dr. Fauci was able to put the charts in simple terms.
i take it Fauci didn't let trump have a sharpie ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies