Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 07:25 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Meanwhile, Alex Jones will be utilizing that video to recruit his sociopathic and moronic followers and don't be surprised if we have some sort of pizzagate like attack on a hospital filled with "crisis actors".
That would be ironic because the “crisis actors” in that situation would probably contract the virus during their acting job, and no longer have to act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2020, 07:46 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
There was a video of people recording the outside of NYC hospital EDs and waiting rooms. It showed they were empty, and the video was removed from CD because the thread was deleted.

Not sure what the video title was, but the people doing the recording showed the security, the COVID-19 signs, barriers for lines to form around, and signage in the hospital waiting room, as well as the signage on the outside that showed which hospitals they were. They were all basically empty. Not sure of the dates when the recordings took place. Be nice to see more videos NOW though. See what the truth is.
For the TRUTH: Tune in to a genuine news source such as one of the long respected national networks like NBC or ABC or CBS. Perhaps, pick up a credible newspaper, that employs JOURNALISTS with integrity, such as the NYT and you will find the truth. Waiting for Kimberly Jane to post a you tube video that her nephew manufactured won't get it for you.

The Washington Post and the NYT, online sites, are offering all of their COVID related coverage, public service data, and health information articles FREE to anyone.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:52 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,366,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
In the last couple of weeks, I spend my days intubating these patients. It is very hazardous, for several reasons. You are in direct contact with their saliva and mucus. They are often coughing before you sedate them. You can cause them to cough through the tube if they are not sedated enough when you put the tube in. And you can even cause the aerosolization of the virus if you have to mask ventilate them.

We devised a plan prior to the first patient coming to our hospital. We only intubate in an enclosed negative pressure room. We wear, what amounts to a hazmat suit, fully covered from head to toe. We dont mask ventilate the patient at all, no matter how low the saturation goes, so we have to get them sleeping and paralyzed very quickly so we can safely put the tube in. And we remove the hazmat suit, and outer glove (we double glove) before leaving the room so we dont bring the virus outside.

I dont think any of this is feasible for an EMS worker to do if they have to intubate. So I am wondering, what precautions, if any, are they taking?

That is the scary part. EMS workers generally have N95, a face shield and a paper gown, maybe Tyvek and of course gloves. Rarely do they wear face shields and gowns unless maybe they are delivering a baby. Who knows what they have with such demand and scarcity of supplies.

From some scenes I have seen on TV, the paper gowns are flapping in the wind as they wheel stretchers down the street, some have surgical masks and no face shield. Of course they are not in the process of intubating, that is not something they show on the news.

Interviewing one of the EMTs, quoted from memory he said, they were past being concerned about acquiring the virus, that was a given, they were concerned about how bad would it be when they got it.

Old 04-02-2020, 08:02 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
That is the scary part. EMS workers generally have N95, a face shield and a paper gown, maybe Tyvek and of course gloves. Rarely do they wear face shields and gowns unless maybe they are delivering a baby. Who knows what they have with such demand and scarcity of supplies.

From some scenes I have seen on TV, the paper gowns are flapping in the wind as they wheel stretchers down the street, some have surgical masks and no face shield. Of course they are not in the process of intubating, that is not something they show on the news.

Interviewing one of the EMTs, quoted from memory he said, they were past being concerned about acquiring the virus, that was a given, they were concerned about how bad would it be when they got it.
Unfortunately, even with all of our protective measures, we feel the same way. We are constantly surrounded by the virus, and even wearing the masks, and washing our hands after touching every door handle, desktop, computer keyboard, etc, constantly thinking about it is exhausting. I am sure all of us has slipped up a few times every day.

Old 04-02-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post

^^^This. Plain and simple. Many helpers will be harmed in their service to others.

Probably the reason myriad New Yorkers are throwing open their windows and standing on their balconies at 7 P.M. each night to clap and bang pots and pans and shout praise. A way to show their gratitude to everyday citizens who are the helpers and heroes.

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

― Fred Rogers

Here's to all the helpers on the planet: GodSpeed!

Last edited by corpgypsy; 04-02-2020 at 08:24 AM..

Old 04-02-2020, 08:09 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It’s the hospitals that can’t handle it and they are all private entities today. Had a NYC ER doc on tv this morning. He said ambulances are lined up outside for 5 hours just to be triaged and the wait from ambulance to getting a bed is about 80 hours. So they’d probably die in the ambulance anyway.

Hospitals spent their money putting in $500,000 granite lobbies and waterfalls, and making multi-bed rooms into fancy single suites. Not everything is better as private for profit.
actually 35% nationwide, and nearly 50% in NYC are PUBLIC hospitals

and the city's hospitals are running in the red, and have been for decades

this is from 2017
https://citylimits.org/2017/10/18/un...spital-crisis/

80% of the services performed at the NYC Public hospital clinics are to the un-insured

and lack of supplies is normal....
see the comment in the link
Quote:
I work in the Lincoln ED. For lack of gauze I one used a SANITARY NAPKIN (Maxi Pad) to soak up blood from an oozing wound… the lack of supplies was dismissed by the administration saying, we routinely supply the ED with essential supplies. If gauze is not an essential supply in the ED, then either I’m an absolute moron, or someone is deeply misinformed? So I contacted our central supply coordinator, “the allotted gauze for the the week was supplied two days ago.” My response, “it’s not here. I have checked and others who stock our supply room have checked and there are no further supplies in our storage room. Can we please have some large 4×4 gauze?” I was told, “no there is NONE FOR US TO SUPPLY YOU WITH. “

Old 04-02-2020, 08:16 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Unfortunately, even with all of our protective measures, we feel the same way. We are constantly surrounded by the virus, and even wearing the masks, and washing our hands after touching every door handle, desktop, computer keyboard, etc, constantly thinking about it is exhausting. I am sure all of us has slipped up a few times every day.
I can't even imagine how stressful this is on all of you. Thank you so much for all of the work you are doing. Doesn't seem like much to ask of us non-essential people to stay the eff home to try to keep the number of cases down for you.

Old 04-02-2020, 08:21 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,288 times
More joy in the suffering of others to push a political agenda.

As MD already pointed out, if EMS cannot resuscitate someone in the field, don’t bring the body to the hospital. That’s all.

Old 04-02-2020, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I can't even imagine how stressful this is on all of you. Thank you so much for all of the work you are doing. Doesn't seem like much to ask of us non-essential people to stay the eff home to try to keep the number of cases down for you.

Amen to that!

Old 04-02-2020, 08:27 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,166,187 times
I just wondering if they saying every death is from COVID19 even when its not!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies