Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2020, 07:51 AM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times

Advertisements

Locally to me we have a petition going around that seeks to close the 2 bridges that link Cape Cod to the mainland to anyone that doesn't live or work here or bringing supplies.

What a bunch of hypocrites! This is Democrat country and they are all for helping illegal aliens and giving them sanctuary but suddenly when there is an influx of people from New York coming to ride out the crisis in their second homes they want to stop these "refugees" ?

These people have the means to flee for their lives and the "good righteous people" of Massachusetts want to refuse them? These are the same people that denounce Trump and hold protest rallies on a weekly basis to protest his policies at the border among other things but suddenly giving shelter to their tax paying neighbors from NYC is a bad idea? Talk about NIMBYism ! These Not In My BackYard people are pitiful. It is fine when migrant people skip across the southern border bringing who knows what with them and causing untold problems in our society but I guess that is far enough away from home.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local...sures/2100020/

I think I'm going to start calling these dummies Democrites because they talk a good game of kindness and charity but watch out when they feel threatened because you will be shut out and ostracized.

Do yo live in an area that is seeing an increase of people coming from virus hot spots and how are the locals handling it?

I know Florida has shut the Keys down to all but residents. Are there other areas as well?

Do you think it is ok to shut out our refugee neighbors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies