Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 03:55 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Three words: Vote by mail.
Two words: Ballot harvesting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2020, 03:56 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Coronavirus continues for a while. Arrival of warm temperatures doesn't stop it, and social quarantines help, but don't eliminate the virus.

Election in October 2020 is postponed. Trump declares martial law and says he will remain as president "indefinitely".

Liberal heads explode.
Dude....you're give these guys a coronary before they even have a chance to die of coronavirus.

We may still be fighting the virus come election time....it would definitely be challenging to try to hold an election if this thing doesn't get much better by then.

Old 04-02-2020, 03:57 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Three words: Vote by mail.

Problem solved.
Not happening. We won't allow the left to engage in fraud to that degree, and we know it would happen.

Old 04-02-2020, 03:57 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
Quote:
Coronavirus continues for a while. Arrival of warm temperatures doesn't stop it, and social quarantines help, but don't eliminate the virus.

Election in October 2020 is postponed. Trump declares martial law and says he will remain as president "indefinitely".

Liberal heads explode.
I would not mind the martial law...actually...even if Trump's in charge. That type of authoritarianism tends to have been pretty useful for a lot of nations. His instincts seem to push him want to be fairly casual about this. If he takes it that seriously...I'll assume he's been heavily inspired by Fauci and we're pretty much home free then.

All worship Emperor Trump! Protector of the People!

Old 04-02-2020, 03:58 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Voting by mail seems to me, to be even more likely for fraud, than regular, show up at the polls voting.

And yes I meant November not October in the initial post.

Old 04-02-2020, 03:58 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Uninformed reply.

Several states already do ALL of their voting by mail.

There is no massive fraud, when a ballot is received it must obviously come from a registered voter, and that voter can obviously cast only one ballot.
How is the secrecy of the ballot maintained, if the ballot can be matched to a voter?

I genuinely want to know. I've asked before of someone who was promoting the idea, but not received a response.

I'm fine with it as long as there are reliable mechanisms in place to guarantee that the system can't be fooled, while still maintaining ballot secrecy. The two goals are almost mutually exclusive. I only say "almost" because I obviously can't think of every possible solution myself.

Old 04-02-2020, 04:00 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,741,154 times
Quote:

Liberal heads explode.
In your head I think you meant to use the term leftist, but by sheer accident, I think liberal actually got used correctly, too! Leftists and liberals alike would be bothered by that. I don’t really see that happening though.

I’m sure not going to count on the warm season stopping or slowing this this one. There’s zero proof that it will. Plus, remember MERS? Middle Eastern respiratory syndrome...thrived in one of the hottest regions on earth.

However, the rest is exceptionally far fetched.

Old 04-02-2020, 04:03 PM

15,834 posts, read 6,543,563 times
Quote:

Liberal heads explode.
The death of democracy is the liberals absolute worst nightmare? It's not just the liberals, bub. Now put away that Nazi salute.

Old 04-02-2020, 04:03 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
How is the secrecy of the ballot maintained, if the ballot can be matched to a voter?

I genuinely want to know. I've asked before of someone who was promoting the idea, but not received a response.

I'm fine with it as long as there are reliable mechanisms in place to guarantee that the system can't be fooled, while still maintaining ballot secrecy. The two goals are almost mutually exclusive. I only say "almost" because I obviously can't think of every possible solution myself.
The results are tabulated in the same way as if the voter filled out an optical scan sheet at a polling place.

Old 04-02-2020, 04:05 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Trump messed up his own "martial law" plan by speeding the Trump Drugs to market, and putting an early ending the pandemic.

Looks like we'll have an election afterall.

Sorry to spoil your fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies