Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 04:06 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Coronavirus continues for a while. Arrival of warm temperatures doesn't stop it, and social quarantines help, but don't eliminate the virus.

Election in October 2020 is postponed. Trump declares martial law and says he will remain as president "indefinitely".

Liberal heads explode.
Well along those lines, I'm glad we got a Space Force now because after Trump declares martial law the Tralfamadorians who have been mustering on the back side of the moon are going to attack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2020, 04:31 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
They force you to go to the King of Prussia Mall to shop!!!!
Useless factoid: The first time my business debit card was compromised, it was used at that mall to buy designer handbags.

Old 04-02-2020, 04:34 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
How surprising considering how left leaning your postings are. You did vote for him, didn't you?

I would hope that we are able to hold our elections on time. It's always been that way.

As for "low information", I wouldn't bandy about that phrase if I were you. Pot meet kettle.
Glad we can agree.

Old 04-02-2020, 04:35 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Coronavirus continues for a while. Arrival of warm temperatures doesn't stop it, and social quarantines help, but don't eliminate the virus.

Election in October 2020 is postponed. Trump declares martial law and says he will remain as president "indefinitely".

Liberal heads explode.
News for you - it wouldn't just be heads exploding. Other things might explode too.

There would be no better way to prove that Trump is exactly the kind of authoritarian we liberals think he is.

Old 04-02-2020, 04:36 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The results are tabulated in the same way as if the voter filled out an optical scan sheet at a polling place.
That doesn't answer the question.

If the ballot comes by mail, it must be connected to an individual voter, or the potential for fraud would be unlimited.

If the ballot is connected to an individual voter, how is the secrecy of that ballot maintained?

This is an important question, and thinking through the logic of the process several times, I can't find a way to accomplish both goals. That's why I'm asking.

Old 04-02-2020, 04:40 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:

Liberal heads explode.
Sounds more like your dreams.

Old 04-02-2020, 04:48 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
That doesn't answer the question.

If the ballot comes by mail, it must be connected to an individual voter, or the potential for fraud would be unlimited.

If the ballot is connected to an individual voter, how is the secrecy of that ballot maintained?

This is an important question, and thinking through the logic of the process several times, I can't find a way to accomplish both goals. That's why I'm asking.
I guess I’m not understanding the difference.

If you fill out a paper ballot and hand it to an election worker at a polling place they have to take it and run it through a tabulation machine.

If you mail in your ballot then an election worker has to open it and take your ballot and run it through a tabulation machine.

I don’t see a big difference.

Secret ballot has typically meant you don’t have to feel pressure from people to vote a certain way, you seem to be interpreting it as saying an election worker should not be able to know how you voted, but that chance has been there already with a lot of tabulation systems in many states.

Old 04-02-2020, 05:00 PM

21,880 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:

Liberal heads explode.
I don't know. As a liberal sleepy Joe versus agent Orange? If I were betting, I'd be betting on team orange anyway. Doesn't really matter either way. Chances of the election being pushed back are slim to none anyway.

Old 04-02-2020, 05:09 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Sounds more like your dreams.
Putin’s dream too. America will be unemployed and a dictatorship. Just like Cuba.

Old 04-02-2020, 05:24 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Another vote for dictatorship rather than facing the people in a free election.

Very disturbing that so many Americans are moving in this direction.
Trump was elected !!! No kidding, it happened !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies