Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 12:50 PM

10,227 posts, read 6,314,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
No city, county, state or country was/ is prepared for a once every 100 year global pandemic.

It’s not business as usual, anywhere.

And people will fall through the cracks.

Under the circumstances, what would you do?
Orders not to go visit your family members who do not live with you? Blank your elderly family members living all alone? Yes, you can call but what if they do not answer their phones? That has happened with my daughter when I have texted her asking for a video chat with my grandkids in NY? Where did my Autistic grandson get that bruise on his face? Their divorce has been put on hold in the courts, and police have been called twice for domestic violence.

I am more concerned about the welfare of CHILDREN, especially my own grandkids, than I am about YOU strangers getting Cornoavirus. Sorry but FAMILY comes first. Throw Selfish Granny in Jail for non-compliance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2020, 01:06 PM

7,078 posts, read 4,521,984 times
As a former social worker it’s sad about the kids. However, we cannot sacrifice a large percentage of the population just to be more available for child abuse. People that suspect abuse should call it in.

Old 04-06-2020, 01:12 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
Lord help these little ones. I had some very dark thought on wife beaters - as I heard spouse abuse has increased dramatically. And with no employment, no booze or drugs, some of these maniacs are going to go ballistic. Not sure how much more the police can handle, thing are not good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies