Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2020, 10:28 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times

Advertisements

Aren't there like 16 other threads on hydroxychloroquine already?

Old 04-03-2020, 10:32 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
Why were democrats trying to block this treatment just a week ago?
Anything Trump says triggers the Dems and the media.

Old 04-03-2020, 10:34 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I looked and only see one....and it's degenerated into a political slap fest

..any "breaking news" just gets lost in it

you don't have to click on it you know

Old 04-03-2020, 10:40 AM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
As I said at the beginning of all of this, many doctors have been taking and using Hydroxychloroquine for a month before Trump even knew the name of the drug. Doctor chat rooms from all over the world were talking about anecdotal success with the drug since late January. We were not relying on a tiny study out of France. The laboratory science behind it is sound, as it was for past RNA viruses dating back 20 years. Will every person that gets it recover? No. Will every patient that doesn’t get it die? No.

Something that some people on the right don’t understand, Dr. Fauci said the absolute responsible thing for a man in his position.

Something some people on the left dont understand, Trumps optimism about the drug was not a stab in the dark.
Excellent post, Doctor sir.

But I think the main thing WE ALL need to understand.......Trump is #1 on Facebook.

Old 04-03-2020, 10:40 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Corrie likes to push it - those same 6,000 doctors would have voted for Opiates for All a decade back.

He fails to mention the tests showing it not working at all.

But, if he and others are right we will certainly see LESS than a .65% death rate.

So I will wait and watch. I think the possibility of that death rate among tested patients is virtually ZERO.....that is, it will be higher, and likely much higher.

But, hey, he wants to be right.

Old 04-03-2020, 10:41 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,930,400 times
Lol, Washingtontimes?

Read a real science source please:

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipelin...roquine-trials

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipelin...d-on-dr-raoult

Old 04-03-2020, 10:48 AM

989 posts, read 456,203 times
First off, there's two falsehoods being trotted out here:

1. The Democrats said Trump was wrong. I didn't specifically hear/read that a Democrat say Trump's message about the drug's effectiveness was "wrong." I heard people criticizing the way Trump first touted the drug almost as if it was a cure, wherein Fauci had to step in 10 minutes later and tamp them down. No one ever came out and said "No Trump lied about the drug, it is not effective." They may have said that efficacy has not yet been proven so it was reckless to put out that information in such a way that it creates almost a hysteria of "oh we've got a cure." And that is what he did.

2. Relating to #2, this mention of the cure was noted by pharmeceutical organizations in various states to be causing inappropriate prescribing/hoarding of the drug by physicians and dentists. If I have to explain to you why this is bad and should be curtailed, then the discussion is pretty hopeless. The calls by some Democratic governors to ban the drug were to avoid this at the pharmacy level. There was never a ban for using it in a diagnosed patient, especially in the hospital setting.

Old 04-03-2020, 10:48 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Corrie likes to push it - those same 6,000 doctors would have voted for Opiates for All a decade back.

He fails to mention the tests showing it not working at all.

But, if he and others are right we will certainly see LESS than a .65% death rate.

So I will wait and watch. I think the possibility of that death rate among tested patients is virtually ZERO.....that is, it will be higher, and likely much higher.

But, hey, he wants to be right.
Craig, what color is the sky in your world?

Of all people...you are the one that posts the most long rambling diatribes...pushing your agenda

You don't know what those doctors would have voted on...any more than you can read my mind either

You fail to mention the FDA approved these drugs...because the FDA thinks they work

Old 04-03-2020, 10:51 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...but Trump was wrong

Hydroxychloroquine rated 'most effective therapy' by doctors for coronavirus: Global survey

"An international poll of more than 6,000 doctors released Thursday found that the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine was the most highly rated treatment for the novel coronavirus.

The survey conducted by Sermo, a global health care polling company, of 6,227 physicians in 30 countries found that 37% of those treating COVID-19 patients rated hydroxychloroquine as the “most effective therapy” from a list of 15 options.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration gave chloroquine and its next-generation derivative, hydroxychloroquine, emergency-use authorization Monday for treating the novel coronavirus, although the drug was already being used off-label by some doctors and hospitals for COVID-19 patients.

Azithromycin, known by the brand name Zithromax or Z-Pak, was rated the second-most effective therapy at 32%

Hydroxychloroquine, which is sold under the brand name Plaquenil, was prescribed mainly in the United States for the most severe cases, but not so in other countries."

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ve-therapy-do/
Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Old 04-03-2020, 10:52 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Craig, what color is the sky in your world?

Of all people...you are the one that posts the most long rambling diatribes...pushing your agenda

You don't know what those doctors would have voted on...any more than you can read my mind either

You fail to mention the FDA approved these drugs...because the FDA thinks they work
Verbal diarrhea is a thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies