Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2020, 06:55 PM

45,137 posts, read 26,325,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
So do vitamin D and C supplements among others, good nutrition and sleep, exercise and managing stress.

No one says don't go outside and get a little sun or take a walk and get some exercise.
Yep never said otherwise
Little defensive arent you?

Old 04-06-2020, 06:57 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,064,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
Open the beaches!
UV rays from the sun will kill the virus
There are 3 types of UV rays, A, B, and C. The UV-C rays that kill corona viruses never get past the ozone layer. Also, tanning beds and UV lamps don't use UV-C because it kills everything, including genetic material. UV-C is what astronauts are exposed to.

Old 04-06-2020, 07:21 PM

35,565 posts, read 20,909,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Wow, these responses are simply unbelievable! You act like the beaches are literally the only things that are closed. People's entire lives have been turned upside down! I see a lot of posts in here saying "But in WWII people had to..." NO! in WWII people could still go to the park, kids could play baseball, people could still go to church. There was a national rationing system so supplies couldn't be hoarded. Stores may say "no more than 1 pack of TP per person" but what's to stop a family of 3 from splitting up? What's to stop them from just going down to the next store? Then what's to stop them coming back the next day? WWII didn't disrupt civilian lives the same way this nonsense is. This isn't just about a beach being closed, it's about the WHOLE NATION being effectively SHUT DOWN!
The thread is about beaches - this is an unknown micro tiny death angel that floats between people to attack them and hopefully kill them - you cannot compare a war you can see and fight.
My family is serving people the essentials needed- the fewer people out the less probability for this devil to jump from person to another person.
Everybody needs to sacrifice- I’m sure in WW-1 and 2 people sacrificed for Americans. That who we are supposed to be !

Old 04-06-2020, 07:25 PM

Just saw México clip for Palm Sunday -beaches totally empty - good for them

Old 04-06-2020, 08:02 PM

7,351 posts, read 6,505,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The thread is about beaches - this is an unknown micro tiny death angel that floats between people to attack them and hopefully kill them - you cannot compare a war you can see and fight.
My family is serving people the essentials needed- the fewer people out the less probability for this devil to jump from person to another person.
Everybody needs to sacrifice- I’m sure in WW-1 and 2 people sacrificed for Americans. That who we are supposed to be !
...I'm not the one that started the WWII comparisons!!

Old 04-06-2020, 08:30 PM

17,457 posts, read 6,784,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Just saw México clip for Palm Sunday -beaches totally empty - good for them
Feel free to move there.

Old 04-06-2020, 08:44 PM

6,409 posts, read 8,252,517 times
All of you incensed Floridians who are shrieking about having your 'God-given rights' to...um...go to the beach during a pandemic being infringed because: PERSONAL FREEDOM...! Yeah, you should probably use this time at home to think about your voting history and what your real values are.

Do you support restricting reproductive rights for women? Yeah, you're a hypocrite for complaining.
Do you support locking people up for recreational drug use? Yeah, you're a hypocrite for complaining.
Do you support unequal pay for doing the same work? Yeah, you're a hypocrite for complaining.
Do you support banning gay marriage? Yeah, you're a hypocrite for complaining.
Do you support racist/discriminatory hiring practices? Redlining? Charter schools? Yeah, you're a hypocrite for complaining.

The list goes on...

A lot of you don't really care about personal freedom, at least when it comes to total strangers. You just care about yourselves.

Again, time to dust off those bootstraps. If you lift them high enough you can soar over the beach, unperturbed.

Old 04-06-2020, 09:07 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,517,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Wow, these responses are simply unbelievable! You act like the beaches are literally the only things that are closed. People's entire lives have been turned upside down! I see a lot of posts in here saying "But in WWII people had to..." NO! in WWII people could still go to the park, kids could play baseball, people could still go to church. There was a national rationing system so supplies couldn't be hoarded. Stores may say "no more than 1 pack of TP per person" but what's to stop a family of 3 from splitting up? What's to stop them from just going down to the next store? Then what's to stop them coming back the next day? WWII didn't disrupt civilian lives the same way this nonsense is. This isn't just about a beach being closed, it's about the WHOLE NATION being effectively SHUT DOWN!
If the public were asked to ration anything today, I think many would be offended they were even being asked!

People today are not as strong as they were back in the days of WW2, in those days people did without and they didnt whine or cry about it, if their job ended, or they lost income due to the war in some way, they didnt whine and cry, they went out and found ways to make money, today, everyone just expects the govt to do something for them, give them money, freeze bills until this over, etc. LOL its crazy how weak people are today.

Old 04-06-2020, 09:14 PM

6,409 posts, read 8,252,517 times
Anecdotally, the people I've noticed doing the most whining are the snowflake Floridians/psuedo-libertarians crying about not being able to go to the friggin beach. In this very thread!

Most people I know well- rich/poor; dumb/smart; old/young; liberal/conservative- are all staying their asses home. Maybe Floridians are just SOFT. Maybe all that sunshine fries their brains just as effectively as it supposedly kills coronavirus.

Old 04-06-2020, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Feel free to move there.
I would love to - but that doesn’t change my Allegiance to my country. If they listen to common sense - I salute them .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.