Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2020, 05:50 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So what industries should open first.
The first industry I would open is the one that creates the "Blast form the Past" living capsules so that panicked citizens could ride out this virus. Each person in the capsule could have their own "hyper-ventilator" to help them breathe while considering all the risks that life on earth might present.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:51 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Can you make a post with any more exaggerating and strawman.
Incorrect use of the term "strawman". You should understand what a thing is before you try and use it.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:53 PM

34,228 posts, read 18,558,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Wow. People are sounding hysterical on this thread now. They don't need a mask, they need a fallout shelter. We are a few posts away from this post:

"If you go out to eat in public without a mask, gloves, your proof-of-antibody papers, your social-distancing range finder, a mobile CV test kit, and a ventilator in your trunk, you are literally killing everyone in a fifty mile radius."

I have never seen people so scared in all my life. Sheesh.
Bunch of Sissies and Nancy Boys.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:54 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Quote:
The first industry I would open is the one that creates the "Blast form the Past" living capsules so that panicked citizens could ride out this virus. Each person in the capsule could have their own "hyper-ventilator" to help them breathe while considering all the risks that life on earth might present.

oh funny cute snarky comment -- seriously -- I'm practical. What should open first?

Manufacturing plants, all those people protesting they can't buy seeds -- where do they work -- get them to work -- they have too much time on their hands....lol

Old 04-18-2020, 05:55 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,064,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Yes I suspect I had it in January. It was stronger than the typical cold but I had no idea and I didn't think anything of it until February when someone mentioned the symptoms of Corona.

At my workplace someone got it (or had it at the time we all evacuated). I kept hearing that this person was "not doing well"... was really struggling. he is 30. I didn't believe it. Finally I did a zoom conference with him and he said he was fine. Obviously the drama queens at work just wanted to make drama. And this my friends is why I can't get my own needed medical care. Drama.
I think possibly both my husband and son had it in January. My husband spent the first two weeks of December in California. They both had a fever and a terrible cough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post

I might - I fall into those categories- my one son with a 2 yr old might - kidney stones - the other - 3 kids single dad heart murmur - sister too heavy - bother diabetes - neighbor - prev heart attack - 2 grands asthma n one allergies . Don’t know who you want me to send out ? Btw- some are essential so already super cautious. Do you have PPE etc for the rest? I keep looking for masks to order, but tell me, who do you want to expense out?
And tell me they are 100% safe and able to resist a bad bout of it or not become carriers ? You got tested? Did they ?
Please listen to what I'm saying.

You and your loved ones can stay home! That's fine. You have that choice.

But let other people decide how THEY want to live. It is THEIR choice if they want to go back to work. This is not one size fits all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
When Trump sends his kid back to school, then we know we can all get back to normal.

He's a f'n hypocrite
Schools and jobs are not the same thing (except for educators). Furthermore, Trump is not in charge of school closures or openings. Geez.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:59 PM

17,772 posts, read 13,662,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Bunch of Sissies and Nancy Boys.
Looks like we have some good old fashioned alpha males on this thread.

You are like Doyle Hargraves. You ain't skeered a ****.

But as Karl told me over a batch of them french fried pertaters....

"It ain't the gittin'....It's the spreadin', umm, huh".

Old 04-18-2020, 06:03 PM

57,213 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I'd be surprised if they weren't a hundred times more undocumented cases, if we're including asymptomatic exposures. There are probably 2M in the Bay Area alone - far more than that in all of California. The death rate will turn out to be barely measurable, once the dust settles and all the data is tabulated.

Nonetheless, unelected county bureaucrats are crying wolf louder than ever. Now, in most Bay Area counties you must wear a mask in grocery stores or you will not be served. Most masks are counterproductive because they prompt repeated adjustments and thus repeated face touching that is happening only because of the mask. I tried one last week at the store and had very significant breathing difficulty with it.

If they make a movie about this someday - if the movie industry isn't completely killed off by this - it will be called Attack of the Leftist Morons.
So all these hospitals being overwhelmed is jus crying wolf, maybe you should work at a grocery store and you might have a different opinion on being a little uncomfortable in a mask.

Old 04-18-2020, 06:05 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,064,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So all these hospitals being overwhelmed is jus crying wolf, maybe you should work at a grocery store and you might have a different opinion on being a little uncomfortable in a mask.
Hospitals are over whelmed in some places, not the whole freaking country. Some doctors and nurses are now being furloughed.

Old 04-18-2020, 06:06 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Incorrect use of the term "strawman". You should understand what a thing is before you try and use it.
No not really.

Old 04-18-2020, 06:08 PM

35,662 posts, read 21,025,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
This question is beyond ridiculous..

One cannot have the first without the second. That's a position even liberal govs like Cuomo have echoed, btw. Its something any rational adult can comprehend. A fiscally bankrupt nation would simply be watching all affected die in the streets.

Our nation's wealth, now being depleted, is why we have 7 million employed at hospitals, why we have the ability to borrow trillions to battle this. We can borrow as lenders trust our economic ability to repay. They do not lend as a goodwill gesture.

With our economy destroyed, decades up the road, your grandkids could be watching us be able to do no more during pandemics of their lifetimes than say, Venezuela could right now to battle such a pandemic. I have a few great nephews and nieces. I can't leave them such a bankrupt nation up the road, simply to join you cowering under the sheets now, demanding 320 million join in that action.
It is all true - but if we jump too fast - history has showed us what will happen. I think the main argument is when. When can we return to work and schools? I ask when can we have the tests and PPE and meds or treatment that help the patient recover. We know not all can - in any illness. But what is the best approach for this virus.
We did not have answers across the board to help ourselves and our neighbors. Jax beach and the recent protest show no prevention was taken into account - people just did what the hell they pleased. This is not just America, the whole world is in the same boat. Presently 38% of the workforce is out there doing their jobs. Make it safe for the rest to return.
Now companies will have to take care of their minions. As for what you built up, your legacy, we all have one, but life happened. I guess I am old enough to know if you get kicked back to zero - you simply start counting again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.