Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2020, 09:08 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times

Advertisements

The original plan was not to stop the spread ov CV19. It was instead to slow it down, "to level out the curve.". Now thats been done. Hospitals are empty all over the country and failing because there are few if any patients. Everything else is nonessential. So people cant get bad joints or hernias fixed. People cant get their teeth fixed. Now they are saying that 80% of restaurants will go under. 22 million are out of work and the elites of both parties go on like its no big deal. Why because they dont care about the little guy.

The elderly and medically vulnerable stay isolated. But the rest should be allowed to back to life as usual. There is very minor risk to their life. 80% of the deaths are the elderly, obese and diseased. The children should be allowed to go back to school.

Old 04-17-2020, 09:15 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Un and under insured, damn right!

As expensive as healthcare is.....

I would not be surprised if the South Bronx, New York and, say, Clay County, Kentucky, have the same issues of access to insurance!

Yeah, as long as healthcare is not expensive for you, things are peachy. LOL. You don't need to think about how somebody has to pay more so you and others can pay less or nothing. That's what you are entitled to, right? Don't you have a right to be supplied with everything you need to survive? And you get those things in exchange for .......... What? Your existence?

Old 04-17-2020, 09:37 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
You may not know that by law, everyone is guaranteed health care. A hospital cannot refuse care for lack of insurance. They can treat you in the ER, and will admit you if necessary. I know this. My wife worked in hospital billing. All kinds of uninsured were treated. Also, my son was uninsured and was hit by a truck on his bicycle and was treated just as if he had insurance.

Old 04-17-2020, 09:46 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
You may not know that by law, everyone is guaranteed health care. A hospital cannot refuse care for lack of insurance. They can treat you in the ER, and will admit you if necessary. I know this. My wife worked in hospital billing. All kinds of uninsured were treated. Also, my son was uninsured and was hit by a truck on his bicycle and was treated just as if he had insurance.
Yeah, but it's not as though that's the end of the story. They will treat you....and then they will hound you incessantly for payment for charges 10 times what they should be by any reasonable standard.

Yes, some will negotiate and some might offer financial assistance. And some will sue you if you don't make some kind of arrangement. You don't leave the hospital free of worry about the bill.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:09 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Trump is that leader, who has said all the things we were thinking.
Exactly.

I think that's why Liberals detest him so, because he says what everyone is thinking but are afraid to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
If you think a Biden predidency is the answer, you are deluded.
It isn't the answer, but it is reality and a done deal.

You might as well get used to saying President Biden.

Those 77,700 Liberals and Independents who gave Trump the election would rather gouge out their eyes than suffer Hillary as President, so they voted against Hillary, which is not the same thing as voting for Trump.

Those people who cannot understand the difference between voting against a candidate and voting for a candidate need to get with the program.

Those 77,700 Liberals and Independents who couldn't tolerate Hillary can tolerate Biden, whom they see as Obama-lite.

Lest you forget, Hillary did win the popular vote, but 77,700 Liberals and Independents in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin gave Trump the necessary Electoral College votes.

I guarantee you, that will not happen in 2020.

Biden will win the popular vote and he will take Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin because those 77,700 Liberals and Independents who hated Hillary as much or worse than I do will gladly cast a ballot for Biden.

Watch what happens.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:14 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Let me ask you a question about leadership.

You have a problem to solve. You use all available resources to gather the best information that exists at that time. You make the call.

Before that decision is set in motion, you learn some new information that impacts your understanding of the nature of the problem. Based on that, you change your decision.

Did you waffle? Are you weak? Did you have bad intentions? Did you promise anything? Are you self-serving? Are you evil? Because all the people around you that don't want you to make decisions are going to say all those things and more. You changed your decisions based on new information. How is that poor leadership?
That alone is not poor leadership.

The problem is that he can't even acknowledge that he changed course.

He expends so much energy trying to project an image of perfection and that he always has the right answer, that it just comes off as absurd and turns people off.

He also has to attack anyone that gives him any constructive criticism or good suggestions that could lead to him changing his mind. A good leader DOES have an open mind and is open to changing his position based on new data. That is NOT DJT's default mode and he only changed his mind in this case after the experts dragged him kicking and screaming for weeks into the reality of it.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:15 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
The original plan was not to stop the spread ov CV19. It was instead to slow it down, "to level out the curve.". Now thats been done. Hospitals are empty all over the country and failing because there are few if any patients. Everything else is nonessential. So people cant get bad joints or hernias fixed. People cant get their teeth fixed. Now they are saying that 80% of restaurants will go under. 22 million are out of work and the elites of both parties go on like its no big deal. Why because they dont care about the little guy.

The elderly and medically vulnerable stay isolated. But the rest should be allowed to back to life as usual. There is very minor risk to their life. 80% of the deaths are the elderly, obese and diseased. The children should be allowed to go back to school.
There's a bipartisan understanding that reopening is going to happen before a vaccine is available. But testing capacity has to be increased first.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:18 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,992 times
Quote:
And what many of the folk on the so-called conservative side don't realize, is that yes, a hospital will take the uninsured. But we all know, that treating patients are not cheap. And that hospital ends up eating the full cost of treating that uninsured patient.

I'm concerned of those, shall we say, hospitals, particularly those that served the underserved and underinsured; I''ll state some, here in NYC: Harlem, Lincoln, Montefiore, Jacoby, and Brookdale Hospitals whose resources are stretched to the nines! And let me add all of your VA's! One way or another, we, in society, are going to end up paying the bill, as taxpayers!

Old 04-17-2020, 10:23 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,018,880 times
lmao.....

yesterday...

Dems complaining Trump is not in charge, their governors are. Trump is out of bounds!, incompetent!, illegal powergrab by Trump, this is a travesty!

later yesterday, after Trump tells Governors ok, you call the shots......

Trump is evading his responsibilities, showing no leadership, incompetent!.....

LMAO do you libs even realize how dumb this looks?

Old 04-17-2020, 10:39 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
That alone is not poor leadership.

The problem is that he can't even acknowledge that he changed course.

He expends so much energy trying to project an image of perfection and that he always has the right answer, that it just comes off as absurd and turns people off.

He also has to attack anyone that gives him any constructive criticism or good suggestions that could lead to him changing his mind. A good leader DOES have an open mind and is open to changing his position based on new data. That is NOT DJT's default mode and he only changed his mind in this case after the experts dragged him kicking and screaming for weeks into the reality of it.
So what you really don't like is Trump's personality. He doesn't have enough humility. He's too hard headed. He's a bar room loudmouth.

Sounds like every Marine and most SF guys I've ever worked with.

But you know what? You want those guys with you in a fight. They have your back. Yeah, they get on your nerves, like Trump gets on my nerves sometimes, but they are salt of the earth people and won't let you down when you need it the most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies