Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2020, 05:32 PM

14,308 posts, read 11,697,976 times

Advertisements

California is a very large and populous state, and some areas have been much more affected than others, but nowhere approaches the New York level of cases or deaths.

My county, Orange County, has 3.3 million people and 1200 known cases, only 19 deaths. The number of new diagnoses zigzags wildly up and down but overall seems to be going down. April 1 was the date that recorded the most new cases. I think we are doing really well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2020, 05:36 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
So let’s say that 3x as many people have it, and it’s 2700 people, and they don’t know it because it’s so mild they have no symptoms. That’s out of more than 1 million - still a fraction of 1%. Please don’t add to the panic. When I take a walk around my neighborhood, people are acting like it’s Invasion of the Body Snatchers out here. They jump into the street to avoid the 2 seconds we are within 6 feet of each other as we pass. Someone is more likely to get killed by a car by jumping into the street like that than dying of COVID, that’s for sure.
You can see the car. Can’t see this virus - and it can be on anything you touch. Now- proven can be in the air up to 13 ft away- which I kept saying. It’s not the body snatchers - it’s my neighbor who might kill me on that elevator or stair case

Old 04-14-2020, 11:50 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
If your county says 900 cases, this only means 900 that took the test and got a positive result. Don't assume your county only has 900 positives.
Correct.

Quote:
So let’s say that 3x as many people have it, and it’s 2700 people, and they don’t know it because it’s so mild they have no symptoms.
Then they can spread the disease to every person they come into contact.

The disease isn't spread by FROG or SCUD-C missile warheads landing in your county or aerosol canisters dropped from Backfire bombers. It's spread by people.

And if each of them infects 1 person per day over the course of two weeks while they're contagious then they just infected 37,800 people.

Then those 37,800 infect 1 person a day over 2 weeks and now you have 529,200 infected.

Since you're the World's Most Preeminent Coronavirologist with accolades-a-plenty, why don't you tell us all how long the immunity to COVID-19 lasts?

Does the immunity last as long as other corona virus like OC43 or 229E which lasts only 4 weeks?

Or does the immunity last an entire life-time?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Quote:
That’s out of more than 1 million - still a fraction of 1%. Please don’t add to the panic. When I take a walk around my neighborhood, people are acting like it’s Invasion of the Body Snatchers out here. They jump into the street to avoid the 2 seconds we are within 6 feet of each other as we pass. Someone is more likely to get killed by a car by jumping into the street like that than dying of COVID, that’s for sure.
You just don't understand.

Your death toll is low only because you have more ventilators than patients.

When you have more patients than ventilators, then your death toll starts massively mounting.

In the later stages of any viral or bacterial infection, your immune system response causes your organs to shut down one by one.

You need medicine for that, so it doesn't matter how many ventilators you have if you don't have the medicine you need.

It's really astonishing that people don't get it.

When the Demand for housing exceeds the available Supply, what happens?

Housing prices and rents sky-rocket.

When the Demand for medical care exceeds the available Supply, the death toll sky-rockets.

It's not Quantum String Theory, but it is common sense.

Old 04-16-2020, 12:34 PM

1,086 posts, read 442,269 times
208 deaths in Virginia . Pretty quiet here in Middleburg, Loudoun County with 378 cases.

134 deaths in north carolina

Old 04-16-2020, 12:39 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
FL 22,897
Deaths 633
CONCENTRATION:
Miami-Dade,
Broward
West Palm
Orange Cty.-Orlando

today 4.16.2020
sigh

Old 04-18-2020, 08:40 AM

231 deaths in Virginia. Nothing much to report in middleburg. 344 confirmed cases in Loudoun County , 7 deaths

172 deaths in north carolina

Old 04-18-2020, 08:42 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,372 times
It's a false flag people. All those richies were just making up this hoax so they could buy up stocks on the cheap. Time to go to Vegas and have some fun! Or maybe Bourbon Street!

Old 04-18-2020, 08:44 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
Local area fine, a few hundred cases and maybe 15 deaths in an area with 250k people. Indianapolis has been hit quite hard, 150 deaths just in their county. Across the river Louisville KY has 46 deaths. Don't know about Indy but locally plenty of hospital beds left.

Old 04-19-2020, 09:39 PM

277 deaths in Virginia, no deaths in Middleburg, 7 deaths in Loudoun County

192 deaths in north carolina

Old 04-19-2020, 10:10 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
In the county I work in, and in the one I live it, we've had about 45 cases total, no fatalities, and I believe a total of 3 hospital admissions-most (maybe all) of whom have now been released. Our hospitals are hurting financially-all elective procedures are shut down. I have a friend that was supposed to have his gallbladder removed a few weeks ago-he can't get it done.

The biggest issue we have...is a whole bunch of unemployed people.
Quote:
I have a friend that was supposed to have his gallbladder removed a few weeks ago-he can't get it done.
Rural hospitals shut out of stimulus loans face financial crisis

"Now, the widespread cancellation of pricey elective surgeries, which make up the bulk of hospitals’ revenue, have made their finances all the more precarious."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies