Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2020, 03:26 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times

Advertisements

Still, an apologia. Still partisan. In doing so, you are ignoring the problem - one of hyper partisanship -because it suits your partisanship.

You just reinforce the point.

But, mommy, he hit me first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
My argument isn't political in this instant .

The person I'm responded to said they agreed with the Op, but clearly didn't read the article passed the click bait title where it actually states the thing he claims didn't happen he assumed that was my writing rather than me quoting the article m
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2020, 03:29 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
Oh, it is a larger, much larger point. Hardly grandiose, though. A simple truth about being a slavish tool of political elites.

Dragging others down? No, but I did think you might have the capacity to get above the fray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
His post is partisan, mine is simply saying he was wrong. you strike me as smart enough to understand the difference, yet choosing not to as to make some larger grandiose point .

Take your own advice , make your point with out attempting ( and failing ) to drag down others .

Old 04-05-2020, 03:31 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Thank you, and you left out one major item. Don't forget the two year Russian Collusion nonsense that he had to deal with.

The Russians have been a thorn in our side for 36 years. When I hold a grudge I never forget.

WOLVERINES!!

Also, they killed Apollo Creed.

Man, screw Russia.

Old 04-05-2020, 04:15 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Still, an apologia. Still partisan. In doing so, you are ignoring the problem - one of hyper partisanship -because it suits your partisanship.

You just reinforce the point.

But, mommy, he hit me first.
Thats your point. Not mine

Old 04-05-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Oh, it is a larger, much larger point. Hardly grandiose, though. A simple truth about being a slavish tool of political elites.

Dragging others down? No, but I did think you might have the capacity to get above the fray.

Again, take your own advice man .

Old 04-05-2020, 06:00 PM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Who was it at HHS that contracted for the design and development of prototype equipment so that one machine could make 1.5 million mask a day and another machine to make reusable masks?

The plans were given to HHS in September 2018. Nothing was done. Seems like a couple of these machines could make all that were needed instead of the taxpayer having to paying for a bidding war.
That is off topic of this thread.

But I agree with your off-topic post.

Trump's administration gets a lot of blame on a lot of issues for this. Can you be an adult and admit that using 75% of the national stockpile pf N95 masks in your 1st year in office on the Swine Flu and then not replacing them was a foolish move of the Obama Administration.

If you can admit the obvious, do you think it helps or hurts America when we ignore reality to cheerlead for the failures of our preferred party?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahzay23 View Post
You're nitpicking to try to find a way to make it a whataboutism so you can say both administrations failed. Right now... Trump is not doing a crapload of things that no one is going to call a failure of the administration. The VA is severely underfunded. If in 20 years there's a systemic collapse, are you going to look back and say "Trump is just as responsible as the president in office..." No bc that's not how any of this works.

Your job as president is to deal with what's immediately in front of you. Complaining about a past President's due diligence when something comes crashing down is a weak argument.
You are obfuscating to ignore a blatant fact - Obama failed with N95 masks.

What was before Obama was the Swine Flu forced him to use 75% of the nations emergency masks and unlike a responsible leader he didn't replace the emergency stockpile that he consumer despite having 7 years to do it.

You'd have to be a special kind of genius-partisan to argue that there would be no fault of a principal who sees the Epinephrine Injectors run low on his watch where any problem would be deadly - and after 7 years doesn't replace them back to the original healthy levels.

You sir, are that special kind of genius-partisan.

Old 04-08-2020, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
That is off topic of this thread.

But I agree with your off-topic post.

Trump's administration gets a lot of blame on a lot of issues for this. Can you be an adult and admit that using 75% of the national stockpile pf N95 masks in your 1st year in office on the Swine Flu and then not replacing them was a foolish move of the Obama Administration.

If you can admit the obvious, do you think it helps or hurts America when we ignore reality to cheerlead for the failures of our preferred party?

You are obfuscating to ignore a blatant fact - Obama failed with N95 masks.

What was before Obama was the Swine Flu forced him to use 75% of the nations emergency masks and unlike a responsible leader he didn't replace the emergency stockpile that he consumer despite having 7 years to do it.

You'd have to be a special kind of genius-partisan to argue that there would be no fault of a principal who sees the Epinephrine Injectors run low on his watch where any problem would be deadly - and after 7 years doesn't replace them back to the original healthy levels.

You sir, are that special kind of genius-partisan.
LOL, why do you keep lying when you own link disagrees ??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies