Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 08:07 AM

15,841 posts, read 6,547,612 times

Advertisements

Sympathies for Michigan. Hopefully they can get it under control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2020, 09:59 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Very poor leadership and governor.

She is a joke and will be hopefully be given the boot when it comes time to vote.

Old 04-07-2020, 01:46 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
And Biden apparently is considering Whitmer as his VP pick. Pmao

Old 04-07-2020, 01:52 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Poor people get left behind. Trump asked his African American Friends "What have you got to lose?" and they are learning the hard way.

Old 04-07-2020, 01:55 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,018,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Why does Michigan have even more infections than states like California and Florida?
Our one large international airport is in Detroit, and it was used to bring people back from around the world that were already infected. It's radiated out from there.

Also, our governor is a putz, and doesn't do anything before Ohio's governor does. Then she just copied him, but at least a minimum of a day later, and sometimes longer. She also "forgot" to file for a FEMA disaster declaration for us, until she was able to poke president Trump on how much he "wasn't helping". Once that was pointed out to her, she filed on that Thursday, and president Trump approved it.

She can't think for herself, because she's WAY out of her league as governor.

Old 04-07-2020, 01:58 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
My son is supposed to attend 6 weeks of summer camp a bit Northwest of Detroit. So far it hasn't been cancelled. As much as I'm in favor of getting back to "normal", I'm hesitant about him going given the explosion of cases in Michigan.

Old 04-07-2020, 02:00 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
My son is supposed to attend 6 weeks of summer camp a bit Northwest of Detroit. So far it hasn't been cancelled. As much as I'm in favor of getting back to "normal", I'm hesitant about him going given the explosion of cases in Michigan.
When is that scheduled to start and where is it being held, specifically?

Old 04-07-2020, 02:01 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,018,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I'd cancel if I was you. This isn't going to end soon for us in Michigan, and if he God forbid has an accident that requires hospitalization, it might not end well for him.

I'm sure he'll be pretty disappointed, but these are hard times ATM.

Old 04-07-2020, 02:03 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
When is that scheduled to start and where is it being held, specifically?
Third week of June, near Traverse City.

I'm hoping things are much better by then, but the way quarantines keep getting extended has me wondering.

He loves it there and really wants to go.

Old 04-07-2020, 02:03 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
She is a joke and will be hopefully be given the boot when it comes time to vote.
Maybe the GOP can do another Flint thing and poison a bunch of people....??

That didn't seem to work out well for MI.

Then again, the population in MI is fairly unique...many people don't know the history, that being that the masses there were originally escaping the poverty and the mines of the Mountain South. Even today the educational rankings tend to be close to the bottom among the states.

No place has been harder hit by the failures of American business (rust belt, outsourcing, etc.). All those people chasing the American Dream only ended up attaining it for a short time until the Robber Barons left them behind to rot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies