Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2020, 04:53 AM

7,235 posts, read 4,543,736 times

Advertisements

I am happy to wear a mask, wear gloves. But I will now reduce my freedom much past April 30th. First.. we need to stop listening to China. They were quite wrong about their numbers and a lot of things. Second we need to find a pill or treatment to slow deaths. Third we need to get antibody tests out here much more than testing for the virus. Plasma from those who are immune can be used as a treatment.

I have zero problem with sports being destroyed over this. Couldn't happen to a nicer industry.

Old 04-09-2020, 05:18 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,754,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
The question is, do you agree to live like Chinese?

"To understand what life in the U.S. will look like six to 12 months from now, Gates suggested China as a good model. “They are sending people back to work, but they’re wearing masks. They’re checking temperatures. They’re not doing large sporting events. And so they have been able to avoid a large rebound,” he said."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/08/bill...ronavirus.html
Wearing masks, checking temperatures, not doing large events... how is that a problem? Seems a small price to pay to get America back to work.

Old 04-09-2020, 05:28 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,421,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Wearing masks, checking temperatures, not doing large events... how is that a problem? Seems a small price to pay to get America back to work.
If people feel like doing so, they should go back to work now. Where does the authority come from to prohibit them from working in the first place?

Old 04-09-2020, 05:35 AM

10,732 posts, read 4,336,713 times
Has gates ever been right about anything other than nerdy old computers?
Outside of computers, sounds like he's got a big mouth and not much more.
The new Al Gore.

Old 04-09-2020, 06:04 AM

10,225 posts, read 6,311,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It's as if Gates is trying to hold the country hostage until HE can "save" us.

He keeps repeating the same mantra, vaccine vaccine vaccine.
To anyone who has worked in the IT field over the decades (like my husband), the name Bill Gates is MUD. Is he now trying to make amends for all the people he has hurt in the past? Doubt that.

Does he think he is now going to Save the World? Be very afraid of people who have that complex, as Gates seems to have.

Old 04-09-2020, 06:12 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times
People in China were welded into their homes. I do not consider China a beacon on the hill, and we should absolutely not follow what they do.

Old 04-09-2020, 06:16 AM

7,235 posts, read 4,543,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
If people feel like doing so, they should go back to work now. Where does the authority come from to prohibit them from working in the first place?
If my workplace is closed can't do it. But I am with you... this entire thing is so anti american.

What happened to live free or die?

Just more of the toxic effects of the baby boomer generation who lives and breathes by pure selfish emotion.

Old 04-09-2020, 06:19 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
If my workplace is closed can't do it. But I am with you... this entire thing is so anti american.

What happened to live free or die?

Just more of the toxic effects of the baby boomer generation who lives and breathes by pure selfish emotion.
Wow. What did a boomer do to you?

Old 04-09-2020, 06:32 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
Well that's the power of television isn't it? The N95 thing in the U.S. was learned behavior.

Gates is an influencer here. He's telling you thermometers at work, regimentation, limits on movement and assembly. And he doesn't work alone:

"Fauci and Birx BOTH Have Big-Money Bill Gates Conflicts of Interest"
https://nationalfile.com/president-t...t-of-interest/
Your source is a well known tin foil hat conspiracy theory source. On a slow day, they continue to beat the Clinton sex trafficking drum and are 9/11 Truthers. Oh yeah, they are also anti vaccine. And of course support Trump who is not responsible for the click bait, for profit kooks that he attracts, no diff than any politician.

Old 04-09-2020, 07:19 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,937,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
To anyone who has worked in the IT field over the decades (like my husband), the name Bill Gates is MUD. Is he now trying to make amends for all the people he has hurt in the past? Doubt that.

Does he think he is now going to Save the World? Be very afraid of people who have that complex, as Gates seems to have.
I think he wants to control it, not save it. Every interview I've seen of his includes vaccine vaccine vaccine vaccine.

Every "nonprofit" he invests in and is a founding member of has a goal for vaccination.
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation: um, obvious? World's LARGEST vaccine distributor
GAVI (the Vaccine Alliance): Gates Foundation pledged US$ 750 million to set up Gavi in 1999 (direct partners include B&MGF and WHO and the World Bank)
ID2020 (vaccine tracking systems): Gates is a founding partner(direct partners include Microsoft, GAVI and the Rockefeller Foundation)
The Global Fund (vaccination in 3rd world countries): B&MGF are "key partners" and have contributed $2.24 BILLION

He is the 2nd largest donor to the World Health Organization. He out donates other COUNTRIES. So basically? He controls the World Health Organization. Let that sink in.

Know what the top threat against health is according to the WHO?
People who aren't vaccinated.

Gates is currently looking to build 7 vaccine manufacturing plants.

Huh. Think there's a CONNECTION here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies