Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2020, 04:58 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Do any of you making this claim that "leftists" want people to die because they hate Trump, have any proof, or is this just your usual overwrought hyperbole?
The leftist hate is so strong that they’re not thinking it through to that outcome. They simply want this drug to be a failure, strictly because Trump has touted it as a cure in some instances. And yes, that’s how bad the TDS is.

Old 04-07-2020, 05:14 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,347,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The leftist hate is so strong that they’re not thinking it through to that outcome. They simply want this drug to be a failure, strictly because Trump has touted it as a cure in some instances. And yes, that’s how bad the TDS is.
Actually, most of us want it to work. I think you, on the other hand, wish we were all actually arguing against it working. We are arguing that we only actually know it works through real testing and experimentation. How do we know it works, ultimately? Science, rather than anecdotes and a known serial liar publicly pushing it. Fortunately, real scientists and doctors are on the job conducting a study:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ainst-covid-19

Old 04-07-2020, 05:16 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times
Quote:
No. People know he has lied in the past, and just assume that he's lying now, since lying is his default response. It would be foolish at this point to take anything Trump says at face value.
So you hope he is right and further vindicated?

Old 04-07-2020, 05:21 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Actually, most of us want it to work. I think you, on the other hand, wish we were all actually arguing against it working. We are arguing that we only actually know it works through real testing and experimentation. How do we know it works, ultimately? Science, rather than anecdotes and a known serial liar publicly pushing it. Fortunately, real scientists and doctors are on the job conducting a study:

Fortunately it is the most commonly prescribed medication by Doctors around the world for treating Covid19.

But the anti Trumpers know better than the Drs right?

But I agree with you, most people and most Dems want it to work, my comments are aimed at those afflicted with TDS which I believe is a minority of Dems. But this corner of the internet is infected with TDS. They most assuredly want it to fail.

Old 04-07-2020, 05:27 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,219,772 times
Quote:
And again I ask, do you have any proof or evidence of this claim that "leftist hate" is so strong that they want the drug to fail, and for people to die? Try to give an answer that doesn't use the term "TDS". I know it's your all purpose, very convenient answer for all criticism of Trump's faults and failings but I suspect that you and other conservatives are so quick to label any criticism of Trump "TDS" that it's blinding you to his shortcomings.

Old 04-07-2020, 05:28 AM

Quote:

One thing that the liberal NPR article omitted is how LONG will it take for these studies to be completed.

Trump isn’t arguing that we shouldn’t have studies, just that people are dying NOW and don’t have time to wait for months before administering them. Fortunately, the FDA agrees with him and allow these drugs to be used off-label, and as a result many lives will be saved. And real doctors are prescribing them.

Old 04-07-2020, 05:31 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,347,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Fortunately it is the most commonly prescribed medication by Doctors around the world for treating Covid19.

But the anti Trumpers know better than the Drs right?

But I agree with you, most people and most Dems want it to work, my comments are aimed at those afflicted with TDS which I believe is a minority of Dems. But this corner of the internet is infected with TDS. They most assuredly want it to fail.
It is prescribed for far different reasons. I’d like evidence of its efficacy against COVID specifically. Otherwise it’s potentially a false correlation.

By the way, did you know the divorce rate in Maine correlates nearly precisely with the per capita consumption of margarine?

https://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

The point is even if anecdotes show it works, they are just that-anecdotal. And spurious correlation can drive very poor behavior that results in real death.

My honest hope is it is NOT anecdotal, and has a provable effect.

Old 04-07-2020, 05:31 AM

Quote:
And again I ask, do you have any proof or evidence of this claim that "leftist hate" is so strong that they want the drug to fail, and for people to die? Try to give an answer that doesn't use the term "TDS". I know it's your all purpose, very convenient answer for all criticism of Trump's faults and failings but I suspect that you and other conservatives are so quick to label any criticism of Trump "TDS" that it's blinding you to his shortcomings.
I explained why, and you didn’t like the answer: They aren’t thinking it through. That is because their hatred for Trump overrides anything and everything, and the reason they are poo-pooing this drug is because Trump touted it as a possible cure. Their behavior of the last three years exemplifies that.

Old 04-07-2020, 05:34 AM

Quote:
It is prescribed for far different reasons. I’d like evidence of its efficacy against COVID specifically. Otherwise it’s potentially a false correlation.

By the way, did you know the divorce rate in Maine correlates nearly precisely with the per capita consumption of margarine?

https://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

The point is even if anecdotes show it works, they are just that-anecdotal. And spurious correlation can drive very poor behavior that results in real death.

My honest hope is it is NOT anecdotal, and has a provable effect.
Yes, we get that. Nobody here is saying we should stop the studies, and that includes Trump. But we do have leftists here who are opposed to prescribing this drug until after studies have been completed to prove its efficacy, and in the meantime, tens of thousands may die unnecessarily due to that wait.

Old 04-07-2020, 05:39 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,219,772 times
Quote:
I explained why, and you didn’t like the answer: They aren’t thinking it through. That is because their hatred for Trump overrides anything and everything, and the reason they are poo-pooing this drug is because Trump touted it as a possible cure. Their behavior of the last three years exemplifies that.
In other words, no, you have no proof of this assertion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies